Cornilleau Simon Gauzy Quest Blade Review!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Here's our latest review of the Cornilleau Simon Gauzy Quest ALL+ and OFF blade!

We recorded the review at the fantastic Ochsenhausen training centre with the man himself, French number 1 and current World Number 8 Simon Gauzy! .

We would like to thank Simon for the time he gave us and Cornilleau for providing us with the equipment to review. Simon is a really fun guy and put a great effort into making this review.

Written in-depth review of the Simon Gauzy Quest blade in the TTD Review Centre here.

Have you, or do you use this blade? Any questions, leave below guys :) I had a great time filming with Simon Gauzy, as you can see from the review we both had a lot of fun. I was very impressed with the Gauzy quest OFF blade, I really like the feeling and control it gives you. Some of the shots Simon Gauzy hit were out of this world.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Anyone comparing this 5-ply with others, e.g. Korbel, Infinity VPS, Stratus Powerwood? I'm looking to move to all-wood. It's this a candidate because if the new top layer?

This user has no status.
Interesting is the price..really really low, super cheap!
I'm wondering how they can put high quality materials into a so small price:eek:

Question is : why, for example, a Nittaku (Acustic o Violin) costs so much compared to this Cornilleau? Is the difference so huge in terms of perfomance? Both are made by wood only. :mad:With the price of a nittaku I could buy 4 Cornilleau..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Interesting is the price..really really low, super cheap!
I'm wondering how they can put high quality materials into a so small price:eek:

Question is : why, for example, a Nittaku (Acustic o Violin) costs so much compared to this Cornilleau? Is the difference so huge in terms of perfomance? Both are made by wood only. :mad:With the price of a nittaku I could buy 4 Cornilleau..

Quest is made in China so there are lots of variables that still have to become known. The blades being tested may have nothing to do with the ones you get unless there is very strict QA. For example, no where on their site, that I was able to discern, do they provide details about the blade composition, leaving lots of wiggle-room. I found similar lack of details for some new Xiom blades that I was looking into and after inquiring with Xiom, never received any responses. So, it remains to be seen whether the quality is equivalent to other blades at higher prices.

Reactions: brodolio

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Got to give you props on that sick rally!! 12:29 you were still able to do a behind the back shot :)) nice review Dan!!

Amazing stuff! He seems like a right laugh.

If I hit a behind-the-back shot against a pro and it came back as an edge ball, I'd have gone home in a mard.

Haha! I got very lucky on that back shot, Gauzy was shocked by it haha! Cannot believe he hit that edge, gutted! I was close to walking home Andy :)

I like Gauzy ... he is so sympathetically.. Great review with lots of great shots.

What a creative player!

I agree he is a really nice guy and really put a lot of effort into this video. He has such a nice style!

so what you reviewing next?

Hi Zaid next will be Aurus Prime and Select with Paul Drinkhall. Then we have some Xiom, Butterfly, Stiga and ITC product reviews coming out. Aurus will be the next review.

Wow! That was a really great review Dan.I enjoyed it a lot.
Can you tell us with what rubbers you played the off blade?

Glad you enjoyed it :) yes I used the Target Pro 47, very nice rubbers indeed.

Great review Dan! Now I'm even more tempted to go back to all-wood again.
Simon seems to be a super nice guy!

Also, those bh-flick tips are pretty insightful!

Yes I was pleasantly surprised on the control of the wood blade as I generally use a carbon. He gave some fantastic tips there, really insightful!

Cool review. Good job.
Simon now uses this blade? What was he playing?

Thanks Tajny, Yeah that's right, Simon was using this blade and now uses it in competition.

This is a great review Dan ! It was so nice to see you two having so much fun ! Simon looks like a great guy , so it was actually a meeting of two greats :rolleyes: ... seriously enjoyed the review !

Really glad you enjoyed the review ttmonster :) Simon sure is a fun guy and knows how to do all the tricks in the book :D

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Yes I was pleasantly surprised on the control of the wood blade as I generally use a carbon. He gave some fantastic tips there, really insightful!

Excellent and fun review Dan and Simon! I just picked up the OFF version when I was in France and also gifted one to my training partner, very nice looking blade and finish. Been wanting to switch back to all-wood for a while as I continue to develop as a player. I'm going to glue it soon and give it a try. If I decide to play with hit on the regular, I might sand the handle down to an ST.

Looking forward to the Aurus Prime and Select review with Paul!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Hi Zaid next will be Aurus Prime and Select with Paul Drinkhall. Then we have some Xiom, Butterfly, Stiga and ITC product reviews coming out. Aurus will be the next review.

Can you say what ITC products will you review? I'm eager to know more about ITC Powercell Ultra 45 and 48 rubbers

Reactions: thomas.pong