In depth comparision of OSP Virtuoso- and Virtuoso+

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Based on all you just said, the blade is good for you to help you develop your BH. Since your FH has a huge edge on BH in terms of technique, you probably just need to really practice BH.

I would even say practicing self hitting (loops and spin contact) with BH would really help. This may help more than a robot for a few weeks and then any version of conscious practice of BH [push, block, drive, loop....] would be worth working on since BH with shakehand is so different from penhold.

This is a video of me showing someone how to self hit with FH. BH is easier because you can do it from over the table and from anywhere. With FH, the BH corner, how I am doing it helps. For you the important detail is, if you let the ball bounce 2 times instead of one, it gives you more time to adjust to the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Based on all you just said, the blade is good for you to help you develop your BH. Since your FH has a huge edge on BH in terms of technique, you probably just need to really practice BH.

I would even say practicing self hitting (loops and spin contact) with BH would really help. This may help more than a robot for a few weeks and then any version of conscious practice of BH [push, block, drive, loop....] would be worth working on since BH with shakehand is so different from penhold.

This is a video of me showing someone how to self hit with FH. BH is easier because you can do it from over the table and from anywhere. With FH, the BH corner, how I am doing it helps. For you the important detail is, if you let the ball bounce 2 times instead of one, it gives you more time to adjust to the ball.

Fantastic. This is really useful to me. Appreciated.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Hello! Tell me, please, OSP Virtuoso Off - is more close to acoustic or to korbel jp? Or can Virtuoso Plus closer to korbel? I was not like acoustic. Too much flexible and vibration. I like korbel jp. Because blade is solid. But I do not like thin handle. Thanks for advising.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I would say they are three different animals. V+ has a little less flex than V-. But the don't feel like the Korbel which has a dispersed, soft ball feel. And they don't feel like the Acoustic which has a sharper ball feel. You can feel that they have something similar as a result of having Limba-Limba as the first two plies. But the four blades feel and play differently.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I tried an OSP V+ in 2019, but i got rid off it in a silly impulsive reaction to some bad results at a tournament. The problem was actually that I was using max rubber when I am better with 1.9mm. It was also using older balls like Joola Flash and Xuashaofa (which IMO are faster).
From memory it felt crisp and less vibrations of the unpleasant kind that you get on Stiga Infinity etc.

OSP site suggests that V- has a harder outer ply. I use pimples on bh and that might help a little, however if the OSP V- is too slow and flexy I will not like it.

Would people say V- is a lot slower than OSP V+ or just a slightly slower version of the same thing?
I currently use a Ma Lin Carbon but it is just too pingy and inconsistent on the pimples.

I think I should probably just get a V+ but just wondered if anyone else had anything to add about either blade.

I have just bought a Xiom Offensive S, just to get that 5 ply wood feel back. My theory is if I want something a tad quicker then Xiom get a V+, if i want something a tad slower get V-

Are you all still using them?

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Probably the V- has more flex than you want.

A V- at 91g compared to a V+ at 84g….the V- would likely be faster. I can’t compare though. The V- I have is 84g and the V+ I have is 93g. So the V+ feels notably more powerful and keeps that feeling of power further from the table….at least, for me……

How does your Offensive S feel to you?

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Probably the V- has more flex than you want.

A V- at 91g compared to a V+ at 84g….the V- would likely be faster. I can’t compare though. The V- I have is 84g and the V+ I have is 93g. So the V+ feels notably more powerful and keeps that feeling of power further from the table….at least, for me……

How does your Offensive S feel to you?

Not had chance to try it yet.
I just need a bit more feeling than the Ma Lin Carbon and I always used wood before.
I was silly selling my original V+, from memory it was a lovely blade.

With the old ball I really liked my Force Pro Blue, but it is just too slow with the new 40+ ABS balls and I have to swing so hard to get the spin and speed I want.

I think the reality is I need to start using thinner sponge I my pimples on bh and learn how to work the point a bit more. Can't just try and hit everything anymore.

The offensive looks quite thick for a 5 ply so I am hoping it is not too flexy, at least not without a big swing.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Not had chance to try it yet.
I just need a bit more feeling than the Ma Lin Carbon and I always used wood before.
I was silly selling my original V+, from memory it was a lovely blade.

With the old ball I really liked my Force Pro Blue, but it is just too slow with the new 40+ ABS balls and I have to swing so hard to get the spin and speed I want.

I think the reality is I need to start using thinner sponge I my pimples on bh and learn how to work the point a bit more. Can't just try and hit everything anymore.

The offensive looks quite thick for a 5 ply so I am hoping it is not too flexy, at least not without a big swing.

If you got one that has a little weight behind it so it is fast enough, I think it will be stiff enough.

But we are different. I really like Clipper and I can't remember why you did not like it. And since we play so differently, equipment that does work for me, well, it may not be your cup of tea. :)

Good luck.

My guess is, that you are of a high enough standard to use any of the blades you are talking about and do decently well.

Reactions: Tipiak and MOG