• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Results 41 to 48 of 48
    1. Top | #41
      rainneverever is online now
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: China


      Join Date
      Sep 2016
      Posts
      541
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,063 Times in 344 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Tony's Table Tennis View Post
      What interest me is world team champs
      I guess Germany has done enough for a good draw, so would be top 2 seed.
      Imagine if the math is against Germany and Dima/Boll lost a lot of ranking point and end up Germany facing China in a QF

      I just check WTTTC on ITTF, no prospectus yet... weird, normally it is out 1 year + prior
      wanted to check when is the seeding deadline/world ranking list it would use.
      I guess 1 March - so the 2 yummy platinum tours in March won't contribute to wtttc points seeding
      Oops, I checked Nov team ranking under current and new system. That's too different. It will be really interesting to see how ranking affects seeding in 2018 WTTTC.
      Men's team Nov-current Nov-new
      1 CHN CHN
      2 GER JPN
      3 JPN GER
      4 FRA FRA
      5 KOR HKG
      6 SWE POR
      7 TPE TPE
      8 POR SWE
      Women's team Nov-current Nov-new
      1 CHN CHN
      2 JPN JPN
      3 TPE HKG
      4 HKG TPE
      5 KOR KOR
      6 SGP ROU
      7 ROU HUN
      8 GER NED

    2. Top | #42
      rainneverever is online now
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: China


      Join Date
      Sep 2016
      Posts
      541
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,063 Times in 344 Posts
      Quiz:
      Who is the last non-CNT player that was once ranked men's WR#1? Hint: he is not retired.
      How many CNT players and non-CNT players have been ranked as men's WR#1? Hint: fewer than 10 for both.

    3. Top | #43
      Suga D is offline
      says MORE ROTATION
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Europe
      Suga D's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Nittaku Killton
      Forehand Rubber BH BTY Tenergy05
      Backhand Rubber FH DHS Hurricane 3 Neo

      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Rhein-Main
      Posts
      2,390
      Reviews
      Read 5 Reviews
      Liked 2,978 Times in 1,525 Posts
      Answer to question one:

      Timo Boll

    4. Top | #44
      rainneverever is online now
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: China


      Join Date
      Sep 2016
      Posts
      541
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,063 Times in 344 Posts
      Bingo, 2011 January to March, Timo Boll. Before, ML; after, WH.
      Curious about who will become the new WR#1 next January, Dima or FZD. Neither has reached #1 before.

      Quote Originally Posted by Suga D View Post
      Answer to question one:

      Timo Boll

    5. The Following User Likes rainneverever's Post:

      Suga D (6 Days Ago)

    6. Top | #45
      Tony's Table Tennis is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Verified Pro Coach
      Master TTD Member Country: South Africa
      Tony's Table Tennis's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Yasaka Extra (Cpen)
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 Neo National Blue Sponge
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Omega V Euro

      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Posts
      2,507
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 1,591 Times in 861 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by rainneverever View Post
      Oops, I checked Nov team ranking under current and new system. That's too different. It will be really interesting to see how ranking affects seeding in 2018 WTTTC.
      Men's team Nov-current Nov-new
      1 CHN CHN
      2 GER JPN
      3 JPN GER
      4 FRA FRA
      5 KOR HKG
      6 SWE POR
      7 TPE TPE
      8 POR SWE
      Women's team Nov-current Nov-new
      1 CHN CHN
      2 JPN JPN
      3 TPE HKG
      4 HKG TPE
      5 KOR KOR
      6 SGP ROU
      7 ROU HUN
      8 GER NED
      Rain
      I didn't even bother to go check, as I don't have so much time like you
      What I did check was the world tour ranking during the previous post somewhere, and so many countries this year have participated in 6 tours (meaning lots of 7 or 8 tours could get higher points than them).
      Based by a quick brain calculation, it will place them very weak for next year's ranking

      based on your table - Korea is out of the top 8 for mens - we all know that isn't a true reflection on playing level.
      Any ways, if Germany plays China before SF, then it is disappointing
      Last edited by Tony's Table Tennis; 6 Days Ago at 11:21 AM.
      Founder and President - Tony's Table Tennis
      Head Coach - Tony's Table Tennis Academy
      www.ttshop.co.za
      www.facebook.com/tonystabletennis

    7. Top | #46
      NextLevel is online now
      says Tibhar Genius is pure Genius
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Nigeria

      Equipment:
      Blade Ovtcharov True Carbon FL
      Forehand Rubber Genius Max
      Backhand Rubber Genius Max

      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Location
      Somewhere Good in the US
      Posts
      5,301
      Reviews
      Read 14 Reviews
      Liked 8,673 Times in 3,794 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Tony's Table Tennis View Post
      Rain
      I didn't even bother to go check, as I don't have so much time like you
      What I did check was the world tour ranking during the previous post somewhere, and so many countries this year have participated in 6 tours (meaning lots of 7 or 8 tours could get higher points than them).
      Based by a quick brain calculation, it will place them very weak for next year's ranking

      based on your table - Korea is out of the top 8 for mens - we all know that isn't a true reflection on playing level.
      Any ways, if Germany plays China before SF, then it is disappointing
      Germany was seeded #2 in the last WTTTC. Look at what happened with Boll injured and Dima not playing.

      In the end, no system is going to be 100% perfect.
      Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. Finally playing with a fast blade and loving it.

    8. Top | #47
      Tony's Table Tennis is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Verified Pro Coach
      Master TTD Member Country: South Africa
      Tony's Table Tennis's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Yasaka Extra (Cpen)
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 Neo National Blue Sponge
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Omega V Euro

      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Posts
      2,507
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 1,591 Times in 861 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
      Germany was seeded #2 in the last WTTTC. Look at what happened with Boll injured and Dima not playing.

      In the end, no system is going to be 100% perfect.
      last WTTTC for Germany was unfortunate - but they were seeded correctly.

      If the whole CNT team ends up injured but going in was seeded correctly, then i'm not sure what you are trying to proof

      seeding/ranking is linked
      Injured before or during tournament has nothing to do with seeding/ranking

      If you prefer participation ranking vs level ranking, then good for you, you can get a job at ittf

    9. Top | #48
      NextLevel is online now
      says Tibhar Genius is pure Genius
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Nigeria

      Equipment:
      Blade Ovtcharov True Carbon FL
      Forehand Rubber Genius Max
      Backhand Rubber Genius Max

      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Location
      Somewhere Good in the US
      Posts
      5,301
      Reviews
      Read 14 Reviews
      Liked 8,673 Times in 3,794 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Tony's Table Tennis View Post
      last WTTTC for Germany was unfortunate - but they were seeded correctly.

      If the whole CNT team ends up injured but going in was seeded correctly, then i'm not sure what you are trying to proof

      seeding/ranking is linked
      Injured before or during tournament has nothing to do with seeding/ranking

      If you prefer participation ranking vs level ranking, then good for you, you can get a job at ittf
      No, they were not. Boll had worse results coming into the tournament and there was no way that even with Dima they would have performed well. So they should have had a lower level coming in based on recent participation. Even Korea, they are gaining the benefit of an injured Jeung being overrated in the current ranking. If his playing level returns, fine, but right now, his results in the WTTC and other events as well as his not playing do not make him an easy top 10 player like he was before. Only Lee Sang Su is performing consistently well with Sangeun performing inconsistently and Woojin bring it up slowly.

      You can say what you want about being ranked but participation matters. The new ranking is not so far off the old ranking.

    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP