Donic Dotec

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Yesterday in the tournament there were 2 players with Dotec's. I was always curious about this unusual design, so I had a chance to hold (but not play) the blades for a couple of minutes.

So the handle is somewhat flared on one side and the other side is somewhat straight. Also it seemed that it is bent a little bit on the blade head axis..?

So my impressions were that the handle is unnatural and uncomfortable. I liked the design and the quality of it though. The cork around the handle looks really nice and the upper part of the handle which gradually flattens till it reaches the beginning of the rubbers also looks very cool. So my first impressions are that it catches your attention easily, but can't imagine if I could get used to it. Maybe they could make regular handles with the cork finishing and that smooth flattening of the handle to the head.

Was wandering how many Dotec users are here and did they feel the same at least in the beginning

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
The Dotec Blades are quite popular in our region.

I've been using the Waldner Dotec Carbon for about a year. I stopped using it about three years ago.
But two or three players in our club still use it. One guy i know with a TTR Rating of 2002 (!!) is using it as well (and he plays pretty darn good with it).
[Emoji3]

The handle is quite comfortable as the cork really feels nice.
The handle is perfectly positioned for fh topspin and is a little more closed on the fh and a little more open on BH, but one gets used to that easily.

At first i also thought i would never get used to that handle, but after a day or two i thought i'll never be able to play with anything else anymore
[Emoji6]
You should definitely try it yourself to see how it feels. It's quite nice actually.

One reason i stopped using it is that Balsa just doesn't feel nice to me, i'm rather a Hinoki Man, and i'm totally used to it. Balsa has hurt my shortgame a bit. Hinoki is easier to control for me....
...but that's mostly personal preference.

All in all still a great blade. Still have mine.
[Emoji2]

Hope this helps a little

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
At first i also thought i would never get used to that handle, but after a day or two i thought i'll never be able to play with anything else anymore
[Emoji6]
You should definitely try it yourself to see how it feels. It's quite nice actually.

That's exactly what my thoughts were. That it is very uncomfortable and that I couldn't get used to it. Anyway today I looked at Donic online catalog as I really like the craftsmanship and found that they have a Dotec with a straight handle and all the good stuff (cork and smooth transition from handle to the end of the rubber). But (as always there is smth) it is a defenders blade. So, maybe next year :)

P.S. their website is ... lets say dated :)