Short pips on FH

This user has no status.
The friendship 802-40 with 1.5 sponge should do the job.
What sponge are you using on your super fx right now? Coz a 1.5 should be able to chop consistently with it too while allowing better serves and better opening spin ups if ever you want to change your game up, or even mid distance drive/blocks.
Alternatively you could try Sriver/mark V with 1.5 or 1.7 sponge. A little more forgiving and should give you more margin for error with chopping mid distance.

Before that I used 1.5. Now I'm playing with tackiness c 1.5.

I think I have to try tackiness drive 1.7. How do you think?

This user has no status.
I once used a Winning Np-8 short pips. i.e. (winning is a Hong Kong Chinese table tennis brand) I used it because The three consecutive world champion Zhuang Zedong used it for a long period of time. The pips are large, and the sponge are very soft. As Zhuang said he preferred hard blade with soft rubber when hitting and smashing. You can order it directly from the winning website, you can google it. if not found, please pm me back.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Read 1 reviews
The short answer is - do not use short pips on the FH.

With inverted and away from the table, you can chop, lob, topspin, sidespin, fish, block...

If looping is not your goal, I would get a tacky rubber like a TG 3-60 and keep all the options open - you can switch to short pips any time later if you decide to play purely chop and very occasional smash...