Reusing rubber

Hi everyone, I am getting a new blade and was wondering, is there anything wrong with taking off my current rubber on my current blade and putting it back on my new blade? Will there be any negative effects?!

One of my rubbers is DHS Hurricane 3 and the other is stiga boost TC. From some articles I read, apparently tensor rubbers (like BOOSTER TC) will shrink when taking it off? Someone PLEASE help me my rubbers are still relatively new and I do not want to replace them!

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
It's actually a very good idea to change one single thing at a time: the only way in which you can reasonably relate the changes you experience to the single component you changed.

Your new blade is very unlikely to have the exactly same head size as your old one, so your old rubbers will probably not fit exactly. Even if they are identical, it's very hard to place the rubbers with absolute accuracy. I glue and reglue for others, and it's not uncommon even for me to be 0.1mm off.

The glueing itself, and pressing the rubber on (usually with a roller) stretches the rubber a bit. It helps for microadjustement that way. Shrinkage is usually not a real issue, at least I've never had that. I've read reports about shrinkage, and people applying boosters to undo it (and alter the playing characteristics of the rubber, probably with the intention of improving them), but I've been shunning that. It brought back memories of days long gone, in which some people were regluing their rubbers all the time, slapping them on soaking wet with rubber cement, and to me that seemed just such a hassle, all that time spent that could have been spent playing...

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hi everyone, I am getting a new blade and was wondering, is there anything wrong with taking off my current rubber on my current blade and putting it back on my new blade? Will there be any negative effects?!

One of my rubbers is DHS Hurricane 3 and the other is stiga boost TC. From some articles I read, apparently tensor rubbers (like BOOSTER TC) will shrink when taking it off? Someone PLEASE help me my rubbers are still relatively new and I do not want to replace them!

+1 for Yoass post.

On the other hand....
... the Stiga boost tc is made in Japan (afaik by Fuso) and not in Germany by ESN. Hence it's NOT a Tensor®

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl