How much is this blade setup worth?

This user has no status.
How much is this setup actually worth? I was at a friends house and he told me his racket was almost $500 New zealand dollar (approx $340 USD) - exact price unsure but i'd guess he meant 450-550 range.

I saw he had a Tenergy 64 + 05 rubbers with Butterfly Tamca Chinese ULC blade (penhold) and some butterfly side tape (if that's even worth anything).
This price seemed a bit high - is it actually close to this value or is it just because everything we have here in NZ is overpriced

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
you should just do a check on what NZ sellers sell for vs what the top international TT stores sells them for.
If you think 500NZ dollar is expensive for a setup, then don't surprised that is not really that expensive.
You get 100USD rubbers, and you get many 200USD + blades out there

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
How much is this setup actually worth? I was at a friends house and he told me his racket was almost $500 New zealand dollar (approx $340 USD) - exact price unsure but i'd guess he meant 450-550 range.

I saw he had a Tenergy 64 + 05 rubbers with Butterfly Tamca Chinese ULC blade (penhold) and some butterfly side tape (if that's even worth anything).
This price seemed a bit high - is it actually close to this value or is it just because everything we have here in NZ is overpriced

Many NZ retailer put a big margin on products due to low demand. E.g. a sheet of Tenergy costs $65USD. But it sells for $100-125NZD. So two of that would cost $250NZD already.

If your friend bought his blade new in NZ it can easily costs $250 upward.

Passionate about TT