Joola Rossi Emotion review

This user has no status.
Hi,

I am getting to the stage now where I want to start using a composite blade instead of an all wood. I currently use the infinity vps v however I want something with more speed. Many people in my club are using the Joola Rossi Emotion blade which is a composite but the carbon is more centralised which I believe still gives good control but when you make powerful shots the carbon is then triggered giving the ball speed. Can anyone who has had experience playing with blade give me a review so that I can get more information on whether it is a good buy.

I am also interested in any other suggestions you may have whether it be a composite blade with the carbon closer to the centre or under the first ply. I am not really interested in any butterfly blades as they are expensive... unless they are at a discount. I mainly want a blade that has good feeling for the short game but has speed as well, I'm not too keen on anything higher than an OFF or lower than an ALL+.

Thanks.

This user has no status.
I used to use a gambler mega weave arylate carbon. It's the best composite blade i've used and they're not too pricey so it's surely worth a try. The control is quite high as is the margin for error. I'd say it's an OFF-. Three people at my club use this blade and they're all good at looping, hitting, and actively blocking. Also, if you like to put a lot of spin on the ball, it has a really nice amount of flex which, consequently, also allows you to take the pace off the ball. I hope that's helpful.

Reactions: Sakumi
This user has no status.
Thanks for the replies, I think that I want to go with a composite blade with the carbon under the outer ply because I want some more speed. I'm starting to lean towards buying the viscaria (even thought I said I wouldn't get a butterfly blade... just looks so tempting) and I heard that the xiom strad is very similar to the viscaria however the strad feels a bit odd which I'm not sure whether it is true. I am thinking of buying the rubbers I am using at the moment and putting it on the viscaria (or strad) but do you think the MXP will be too quick for me seeing as I have played only with all wood blades. Should I get the MXS as it slower and probably easier to control but I am worried that it would be too hard... same goes for the big dipper, would getting the h3 neo be a better option until I adjust to the carbon? I don't think the ELS or ELP would be suitable for me because I dont like anything softer than medium on the bh.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Here's a video previously posted on this site.
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?7739-JOOLA-Rossi-Emotion-Product-Review

On another TT site there's this running commentary on the Joola Rossi Emotion (JRE). It is in fact a widely known and well liked blade. Comments on this particular site goes back to 2013 until this year. I also own and use the blade, my main blade; so I may be a bit biased to it. I still try different rubbers on it to see where the blade will take me. Hope the links will help.
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63068
Share your experience with the blade. God bless

Reactions: Sakumi
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
You may find this analysis of inner fiber composite blades helpful:

https://ttgearlab.com/2017/03/25/characteristics-of-four-known-inner-fiber-blades-comparison/

We need way more of this approach. Very recognizable for me, having played a few of these blades, these metrics make sense.

I wish blade vendors would specify composition, weight, balance, head and handle dimensions, primary and secondary elasticity and vibration indexes, or at least ranges of these (wood after all being wood). One might even wish for individual blades to get measured and specified on the box, pretty much like high-end audio equipment used be accompanied by measurement reports.

This user has no status.
We need way more of this approach. Very recognizable for me, having played a few of these blades, these metrics make sense.

I wish blade vendors would specify composition, weight, balance, head and handle dimensions, primary and secondary elasticity and vibration indexes, or at least ranges of these (wood after all being wood). One might even wish for individual blades to get measured and specified on the box, pretty much like high-end audio equipment used be accompanied by measurement reports.

Yeh definitely. I would save so much time when slowly sorting through hundreds of blades, you could instantly discard a blade if it was too stiff.

Here's a video previously posted on this site.
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?7739-JOOLA-Rossi-Emotion-Product-Review

On another TT site there's this running commentary on the Joola Rossi Emotion (JRE). It is in fact a widely known and well liked blade. Comments on this particular site goes back to 2013 until this year. I also own and use the blade, my main blade; so I may be a bit biased to it. I still try different rubbers on it to see where the blade will take me. Hope the links will help.
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63068
Share your experience with the blade. God bless

Thanks for the links... was very informative.

The fang bo carbon has also caught my eye as being a potential contender. It has inner carbon and I have read that it is very similar to the HL5 and is quite similar to the TB ALC just slower with more flex.

I couldn't find any reviews directly comparing the rossi emotion and FB carbon so could it be possible if somebody gave me a rough outline to how they both compare?

Thanks