Fan Zhendong using new DHS blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
So do you know whether he is using FB2 or FB Carbon or W698?
Just to get the terminology straight so what you call FB2 or FB carbon must be the commercial version of Fang Bo's blade which is the Bo 2.
I would believe FZD is using a W968 with Fang Bo handle, but I can't confirm it with pictures just yet.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
k so is FZD using Fang Bo B2, Fang Bo Carbon, or Hurricane B2?
just so you know those are all the same blade, Its i think officialy a Hurricane Bo 2 (like hurricane Long 5 or hurricane Hao 3) but somtimes it is abbrivated to b2, and the hurricane Bo 1 is all wood so the Bo2 is sometimes called Fang Bo carbon or Hurricane Bo carbon as it is the only signature blade of his with carbon in the hurricane line up atleast.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
I think this one's made it clear...

According to them, those pictures only prove FZD is using the DHS Fang Bo _handles_

Apparently Fabian found a picture which proofs that FZD is in reality playing with a W968. I don't know how one can see that in a photo though :)

The real difference between a DHS Fang Bo Carbon an a W968 is still unclear to me. Different wood composition or different glue? I thought the DHS Fang Bo Carbon I can buy does have a soft Lima outer ply, which makes it even more surprising to me that FZD should be using that. He should be used to the harder Koto outer ply of his Viscaria.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
There is a version of W968 with Fang Bo handle. You can buy it at Prott now. Plus, unless you believe that the CNT uses exactly the same equipment as the general public buys for £30, Fang Bo uses one. Remember, FB used to use W968 with a picture of Ma Long in the handle, same as HL5, until he got his "own" blade. It's only a matter of time before FZD gets his own version, with his picture, possibly the one shown in the stills, in the handle. My bet is that he goes with a version of N301 though.

So, no, you cannot easily tell from a picture that the version used in the German Open is a W968, but it is highly unlikely that it is a commercial FB2.

Incidentally, with all the fuss about FZD losing at the German Open, he did come very close to beating Dima, while using a strange bat. Who wants to make bets about how well he will do with it as he becomes more familiar with it?

Personally, I think all of the current changes are at least in part to do with rebuilding in the run up to Tokyo 2020.

Last edited:
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Maybe not that strange if he has been using a Btfly ALC for years

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
I mean, what else is it supposed to be? It’s clearly an innerforce Type blade with Fang Bo handles. And we all know that there is a W968 with Fang Bo handles. Even if it is different, it would still be very similar. if it is a 301 then it should have 301 handles I guess.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
According to ProTT Fang Bo's personal blade is a W968 customized to the likings of Fang Bo regarding blade size, handle length and thickness etc.

However, the number 8 shown in the photo Fabian's posted is the production number and not the number 8 of W968
Maybe this can help.
201709120936291183.jpg
(Photo courtesy of prott.vip)

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
I know where to find the production number. In the pic I posted the 8 is the 3rd letter. It's really hard to read but I'm pretty sure it's an 8.