Is posible to get a original W968 and DHS rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 1 reviews
Contact Chen Chen on these forums. People have different opinion on ProTT but they seem reliable. With Chen Chen thou, you know 100% that its real.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Thank you, i will buy the blade i hope is 100% original, cuz my friend say is imposible to get it cuz is make only for national chinese team.

How would you know? If you want to believe it is, it will be. Zero way of knowing since it is untraceable. It's not like a car, or an alliance serial number, or a piece of art with verifiable pedigree.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 1 reviews
How would you know? If you want to believe it is, it will be. Zero way of knowing since it is untraceable. It's not like a car, or an alliance serial number, or a piece of art with verifiable pedigree.

Its not untracable. You know, some blades have serial numbers and DHS is one of the better companies to actually track them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Its not untracable. You know, some blades have serial numbers and DHS is one of the better companies to actually track them.

Does DHS allow customers to verify legitimate serial numbers? That is what I have to do when I suspect illegal copies of an appliance, for example. If such a service exists, then it is possible to verify prior to be purchase. In fact, the retailer should provide a guarantee of authenticity. It's easy to put a serial number on blade if it gets an extra few hundred dollars.

This user has no status.
Hi, someone know if this one look authentic.
WhatsApp Image 2017-11-14 at 9.59.40 AM.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2017-11-16 at 4.16.56 PM.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Hi, someone know if this one look authentic.
View attachment 14705
View attachment 14706

The only way to verify would be via a manufacture's customer service desk. When I was buying Onkyo speakers via Amazon, I verified through Onkyo they were fakes. After this I only purchased through a local Best Buy retail store that has verified distribution channels. They were of course real.

Fakes of everything flood markets nowadays. Is the retailer providing a guarantee of authenticity and a vehicle for verifying? These are the only question you need to have answered. There is no reason to take any risks.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
Question: assuming that one does get an original blade, how does one know that it is W968 and not HL5 (as both say HL5 on serial number)?

1 from serial, you need experience on these. If you have seen hundreds of serials of real 968, it’s easy to identify the fake ones.
2 from blade feeling. 968 and HL5 feels different. 968 is softer and HL5 is stiffer. You will need to play both.

Each require some experience, if you have none, you can only find a trusted seller.

Question: assuming that one does get an original blade, how does one know that it is W968 and not HL5 (as both say HL5 on serial number)?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
1 from serial, you need experience on these. If you have seen hundreds of serials of real 968, it’s easy to identify the fake ones.
2 from blade feeling. 968 and HL5 feels different. 968 is softer and HL5 is stiffer. You will need to play both.

Each require some experience, if you have none, you can only find a trusted seller.

Thanks. So, are the ones on Prott original or fakes (do they pass the DHS serial number verification test)?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Hi Slevin,
The letter version of HL5 you have to look at the last letter of the production code that is in Letter numbers. If it ends with an F it is a commercial version and also the fonts are wide. The HL5 provincial version they call it (W968) ends with an E. Fonts are similar to the W968 that has production code with real number e.g. 20180119. Custom W968 usually have larger head sizes than commercial ones depending the batch, but initially they started to have 160x151 went down to 157x150 and ended up with 158x150 (No.version 160x151). With that in mind W968 have more flex and are not as stiff as a commercial HL5.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
Hi Slevin,
The letter version of HL5 you have to look at the last letter of the production code that is in Letter numbers. If it ends with an F it is a commercial version and also the fonts are wide. The HL5 provincial version they call it (W968) ends with an E. Fonts are similar to the W968 that has production code with real number e.g. 20180119. Custom W968 usually have larger head sizes than commercial ones depending the batch, but initially they started to have 160x151 went down to 157x150 and ended up with 158x150 (No.version 160x151). With that in mind W968 have more flex and are not as stiff as a commercial HL5.

Thanks Giangt. do the W968 blades feel less hollow than the HL5 or are they more or less the same in that regard? Also: does Prott have genuine W968 or are they fakes?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Thanks Giangt. do the W968 blades feel less hollow than the HL5 or are they more or less the same in that regard? Also: does Prott have genuine W968 or are they fakes?
I do not remember the Commercial version of HL5 being hollow, but it has been long since I played the first version with the grey and yellow stripe on they handle. The W968 does not feel that hollow, but I believe they have a cut out section on the blade it self underneath the handle cups. I never bought a 'Pro' blade from prott, so I can't share personal experience, but from I heard most ppl are satisfied with what they there. Of cause clothes I another topic there one can find cheap copies.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
I never believed that W968 is any different from a HL5. I ordered my first W968 (89g, 158x150, with a slightly thicker handle) basically treating it as a money giveaway.

It did have the anti-counterfeiting sticker on it. I scratched it to reveal the code. It checked out on the dhs-sports website. However, I don't give much credence to that process (I guess it would be easy enough for someone to remove a genuine sticker from a cheaper product like a rubber and attach it to this).

It pretty much looks exactly like a HL5 (apart from the slightly thicker handle). No 'grains look much better on the W968' BS.

I felt the difference, however, in the ball bounce test (4-5 ft or higher). Basically, I compared 89g W968 vs 88g HL5 (from official DHS dealer) and a 86g IF layer ALC. While they sound the same, the dwell is very different. At 4-5 ft or greater, the HL5 loses much of its dwell. All my prior HL5 also have exhibited this property (which is why I favored Viscaria type blades despite preferring the HL5 over the Vis in short game, feel and control parameters). This clearly does not occur with the W968. And to me, this difference is quite pronounced.

I have no idea why this occurs. Maybe the gluing method between plies is different. Maybe, they use slightly different 2nd layer of wood (the outer layer looks exactly the same).

Last edited: