Zhang Jike using Tenergy 05 on the forehand!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
After reading StehTischtenni's post in the Chinese equipment topic, I just thought this needs its own talk here. Can someone please explain how this is possible... ZJK has used Hurricane all his life and now he is seen using Tenergy 05 on the forehand side at the German Open last week.....

zjk.jpg

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
H3N is extremely demanding. If you can’t supply the immense power it needs, you need to mend and make do.

Might be all there’s to that. And yes, he looks spent. Memories of true greatness and deep respect remains. May he be reinvagorated, reborn, and rise again!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
TMS syndrome is common for popular guys like him.

I think he will be back. He got TMS due to his TT. If his TT level goes down his TMS quality goes down ( girls would stop giving S**t) . So either he gets married and vanishes or improves his level amd enjoy more TMS.

Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
To be fair nobody looks good while performing difficult table tennis shots. :cool:
yes, I was more or less joking :) The shot was taken right after a push stroke so there's a bit of an upward/backward acceleration from straightening back into position, it places a little extra g-force and thus a little extra weight on the player's face. Here's Captain Ma suffering from the same
das.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Couldnt it also be that he gave a few of his national rubbers to another player? I am not too familiar with the equipment system in china though. A provincinal player could profit from it and i read somewhere (in this forum i believe) that he did this before.
Just a thought.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Couldnt it also be that he gave a few of his national rubbers to another player? I am not too familiar with the equipment system in china though. A provincinal player could profit from it and i read somewhere (in this forum i believe) that he did this before.
Just a thought.

Explaining why ZJK switched to T05 on forehand?

We can safely bet the house against that option.

Reactions: JST and RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Just a thought.

Yeah he gave some of his rubbers to a kid. Other CNT players give off their rubbers more often, that was the first recorded time ZJK gave off his rubbers.