Need Suggestions for all wood blade with Tenergy05

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Hi all,

I am looking for the best 85g looping blade with a low throw and good feeling and not thicker than 6mm, preferably hinoki for the ball grab

I couldn’t find one so, thinking for Rosewood XO

Suggestions please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
MydasDiablo recently offered two Adidas V1.3 blades and sold the heavier one to me.

The other one was somewhere around 85g and might still be available.

If so: it’s a great OFF- all-wood 5-ply. Outer layers are Hinoki, then Awan, Kiri core. It has a great feel, power reserves and a crisp (albeit slightly less so than the Koto blades I’m used to) feeling, and I’m sure it pairs wonderfully with T05.

EDIT: looked it up, https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...as-v1-3-Blades-Kiri-Core-Hinoki-Outer-89g-94g now states "sold". Sorry.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
With a same rubber, a faster blade = lower throw. So you want a very fast, all wood looping blade, 6mm max, with good feel + grab?

OSP and Nexy both have quite a few blades that might be worth a look. (Eg, maybe OSP Ultimate, or Martin? Maybe Nexy Zealot? For hinoki outer there’s Nexy Color, but the slower speed might make the throw higher than you want with a given rubber. Nexy spear is afaik thicker than 6mm, but from the info I have it’s playing characterisrics seem right up your alley: very fast (for 5 ply limba-spruce-ayous) so lower throw with a same rubber, deep ball hold, decent dwell, feeling not as soft as limba normally is b/c of thinner top layer. See this description of the design: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=12717&start=0 And this thorough review: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=12908)

Last edited:
Reactions: chintanmashroo
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
With a same rubber, a faster blade = lower throw. So you want a very fast, all wood looping blade, 6mm max, with good feel + grab?

OSP and Nexy both have quite a few blades that might be worth a look. (Eg, maybe OSP Ultimate, or Martin? Maybe Nexy Zealot?

Spear looks similar to infinity vps, not sure about the playing characteristics,

How about nexy/tibhar KJH?

Hadraw VR has also caught my attention, would you recommend it?

Also, how is Rosewood XO?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Spear looks similar to infinity vps, not sure about the playing characteristics,

How about nexy/tibhar KJH?

Indeed: Carl? :D

(I know the KJH has a huge following here, and is getting hard to find. But I was relying on the elasticity chart on this page for the speed (I.e. throw w same rubber) and KJH is not on there: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/foru...f61az41z4131597222&title=nexy-designers-diary One more thing, for looping a lot of people prefer blades that hold the ball well at higher speed - instead of getting increased catapult. This chart allows you to track that property easily. Pretty useful! e.g. Zealot and Spear have the fastest base speed for Nexy wooden blades, but hold the ball very well.)

Last edited:
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Yinhe Earth 2 is Hinoki, all wood and about 5.8mm. Weight in the range of 82-88g ?

I found this as a comment "It adopts the purple dragon drying technology , it has a good performance in attack and loop and it possess a fine handing feel"

Sorry, not going for Yinhe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Medax Yinhe Earth 2 is Hinoki, all wood and about 5.8mm. Weight in the range of 82-88g ?

I found this as a comment "It adopts the purple dragon drying technology , it has a good performance in attack and loop and it possess a fine handing feel"

Sorry, not going for Yinhe

Whats wrong with Yinhe ?
As a company its been around for 31 years so its no fly by night operation. The blades are of decent quality from what I have seen personally and read and a lot of users have them.

Curious because I am looking personally at another Yinhe blade and need to understand why to stay away if there is a very valid reason ? :eek:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Whats wrong with Yinhe ?
As a company its been around for 31 years so its no fly by night operation. The blades are of decent quality from what I have seen personally and read and a lot of users have them.

Curious because I am looking personally at another Yinhe blade and need to understand why to stay away if there is a very valid reason ? :eek:

The OP is considering very high end blades. Yinhe has higher end products but the earth line isn’t among them.

Reactions: Chintan Mashroo
ok, so taking my question to the next logical point...

What makes a blade "high end" ? I assume its quality over price, are Yinhe blades not very good quality compared to a Nexy or Stiga ? My w-6 seems as good quality as my Stiga Eternity V.

What am I missing ? (other than the obvious answer of "LOTS" :p)

Answer my simple question:
- Does any of the pro players use Galaxy/Yinhe blades?

Seriously, this is your reason for wanting a high end blade ????

To Quote "Tony's Table Tennis" in another thread..... (https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...lone-or-fake-Yinhe-Provincial-ALC-blade/page2)
Yinhe sponsors about 12 or 13 provincial teams in China
They make specific blades for each province (for free) and provide to them to use.
Mostly the juniors/cadets etc
These blades are as good as the Stiga/Butterfly and while the up or out policy comes in, the ones that go up will surely end up using Stiga/Butterfly or nowadays DHS

and this guys sells equipment as a business and seems to know his stuff :cool:

ok, so these guys aren't pro level (yet)...
but, are you pro either ? Do you consider yourself better than Chinese Provincial Players.

In my past, I was a regional (UK County) 8ball pool player... If I bought a cue like Ronnie O'Sullivan or Mark Selby, would it make me play better or be as good as them, I don't think so.

So I go back to my question, what is it about the quality (or lack thereof) of Yinhe versus say Stiga or Tibhar ? This is not in jest, it is a serious question as I learn more about TT equipment :)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Some of these brands contract with firms like Yinhe to make their blades.

Of course anyone can wait for the next Korbel Super All Wood Special for 400 smackeroos to their hearts content.

Some relatively expensive blades are worth every cent while others are worth the price of a magazine.

It requires some sense, experience and a good bullshyt filter to discern.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Sorry for coming late to the party.

If chintanmashroo doesn’t want Yinhe, what is the point of discussing that.

The idea of a thin, flexible all wood blade that is very fast, well, unfortunately, it doesn’t really exist.

6mm Hinoki blade that is really good: Darker 7P-2A. But the speed is moderate.

Thicker: Darker 7P-2A.7t. That is 7mm thick. This one is quite fast for an all wood blade.

Both are awesome, super high quality Hinoki blades.

Photino, is a Hinoki top ply with Zylon. It is pretty darn fast because when you combine Hinoki with a composite material, it often ends up making a fairly fast setup. But because the composite material is Zylon and there is no carbon, it still maintains a decent amount of the wood feeling.

It is 7mm though. So, the same thickness as the 7P-2A.7t.

Hopefully that gives some info that will be helpful.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
Reactions: chintanmashroo