Need Suggestions for all wood blade with Tenergy05

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
The CEO of Yinhe wouldn't take it personally...

Here's one example of high ranking player (at least in his age categories) using Yinhe.

The Butterfly list was dated August 2016.

I'm told he's now one of CNT members.

cache.php
cache.php

That blade looks suspiciously like yasaka alnade, but in strawberry instead of blueberry
TG-103_b.jpg

If chintanmashroo doesn’t want Yinhe, what is the point of discussing that.
Sorry if I came across aggressive, my intention was not to offend or call into question a person's personal preference, I just jumped at the flippant comment about pro players not using Yinhe and for that I apologise.

If there is a valid reason , say relating to Quality for example, then I am all ears and happy to be educated as to why in the genuine pursuit of knowledge and understanding.

I personally will never be pro level, heck I'm unlikely to even make a regional tournament level, but at the end of the day, if a brand is junk because of its quality control or use of poor quality materials, then please tell me and save me the trouble of spending my hard earned cash on junk :)

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Yinhe pro w5 is also very good but it is walnut outer. Almost the sane with yeo.

I did consider that a while ago. But, I have never come across any local friend or player who has tried it and can trust this brand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So, in the context of this thread where chinanmashroo is trying to find a blade and does not want Yinhe, he doesn't really need a reason. If he doesn't want something from them, that is enough.

But by all means, go and make a thread asking people what they think about the quality of Yinhe as compared to other brands. If you really want information on that, that would be what to do.

I have a feeling there is stuff that Yinhe makes that is lower quality and costs very little, but is still quite good for what it is like Der_Echte's favorite Yinhe Galaxy 896 blade. For $16.00 USD it is amazing. As good as many blades in the $30-$50.00 range. But definitely not as good as anything I can think of in the $80-$100.00 range. :)

What about their higher end products? I tried one of their all wood Rosewood blades and it felt really, quite good. I would use it. Was it made as well as a Stiga Rosewood? Well, it was different. But I think it was made with as high a build quality as a Stiga Rosewood. From the perspective of feel, in most ways I liked it more than a Stiga Rosewood. It did not have the NCT coating and that gave it a pretty nice woody feeling.

But any of these companies can make higher quality goods and lower quality goods. Some things that Stiga makes are downright crappy.

The point is, that is not the discussion the OP was trying to have. He was looking for a blade and did not want to bother with Yinhe. So, no need to try and defend the quality of Yinhe products. No need to discuss the merits of wanting something or not wanting something because of what the pros use.

I use a Tibhar/Nexy Kim Jung Hoon blade. No pros use it that I know of. But it is really nice. I also have an OSP Virtuoso Plus. I don't know of any pros who use that either. But man it is good for me. But, if someone wants to use a blade because he knows there are top pros using it, that is his business, even if none of us are top pros. :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Spear looks similar to infinity vps, not sure about the playing characteristics,

How about nexy/tibhar KJH?

Hadraw VR has also caught my attention, would you recommend it?

Also, how is Rosewood XO?

I have a question. Are you using the Nittaku Septear that is listed in your profile? What do you not like about it? Or, what makes you want something different if you still want a Hinoki blade?

Nexy/Tibhar KJH is really nice. Top ply is white ash and sort of hard. So it will feel very different from Hinoki. The question is, would you like that. It will give a lower throw than Hinoki.

Rosewood XO is pretty darn nice. Big wood feel with a lot of bite on the ball.

Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
I have a question. Are you using the Nittaku Septear that is listed in your profile? What do you not like about it? Or, what makes you want something different if you still want a Hinoki blade?

Nexy/Tibhar KJH is really nice. Top ply is white ash and sort of hard. So it will feel very different from Hinoki. The question is, would you like that. It will give a lower throw than Hinoki.

Rosewood XO is pretty darn nice. Big wood feel with a lot of bite on the ball.

The handle of Septear is small and very much uncomfortable for me; even with 2 extra grips [emoji20]
I was managing to play with it until I experienced a wrist pain a week back.

The ball grab feeling I get from septear is the best and I dont want to let go that.

coming back to the blade requirement, a lower throw blade will help me keep the ball more close to the net.

Here are few which I am considering priority wise:
- Arctic Wood/KJH
- rosewood XO
- Hadraw VR

Last edited:
I would like to ask chintanmashroo what are his feelings about his Nittaku Septear blade - speed, throw at mid and close, flex.
Are you looking for a blade with similar characteristics, or there is something in your blade that you don't like and what is it?

P.S. Sorry for repeating Carls' question, the system here is laggy and I was drinking coffee. Any way my question has some reason.

Last edited:
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
I would like to ask chintanmashroo what are his feelings about his Nittaku Septear blade - speed, throw at mid and close, flex.
Are you looking for a blade with similar characteristics, or there is something in your blade that you don't like and what is it?

P.S. Sorry for repeating Carls' question, the system here is laggy and I was drinking coffee. Any way my question has some reason.

I love the playing characteristics of Septear. Its just that I prefer a slight lower throw. (I dont mind getting the same 7 ply hinoki blade with a bigger and wider handle, I am flexible and can adjust my technique)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The handle of Septear is small and very much uncomfortable for me; even with 2 extra grips [emoji20]
I was managing to play with it until I experienced a wrist pain a week back.

The ball grab feeling I get from septear is the best and I dont want to let go that.

coming back to the blade requirement, a lower throw blade will help me keep the ball more close to the net.

Here are few which I am considering priority wise:
- Arctic Wood/KJH
- rosewood XO
- Hadraw VR

Darker 7P-2A.7t

That should be good. The handle is a fairly normal size. It is a tiny bit thinner than a Stiga Legend Flare handle. And the blade is amazing. Very high quality.

The Rosewood XO is also awesome. But it will be very, very different than Hinoki. You will get used to it. And it will be a good choice too. But, if you do want the feel of Hinoki, get the Darker blade.

Last edited:
Reactions: chintanmashroo
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Darker 7P-2A.7t

That should be good. The handle is a fairly normal size. It is a tiny bit thinner than a Stiga Legend Flare handle. And the blade is amazing. Very high quality.

The Rosewood XO is also awesome. But it will be very, very different than Hinoki. You will get used to it. And it will be a good choice too. But, if you do want the feel of Hinoki, get the Darker blade.

Sure, the handle seems fair. I’ll start searching the online stores
If I am unable to find it, how would you compare KJH with Rosewood/Artic wood?

Last edited:
Ok, the accent in my question was how you feel the throw of your blade with different speeds close to the table and at mid distance.
--------
I'll write about my own experience, others may correct where mine is different from the usual.

I think that the blade is the most important of the setup. The blade determines the bases of your style and generally what you'll be able to do. Rubbers determine more the way you would do that. So usually building setup starts with choosing appropriate blade. Changing blade can be a more complicated story. As you already can see in your case it prooves really difficult, having in mind your requirements.
In my experience trying to lower the throw of a high throw rubber, or to higher the throw of a low throw rubber, with the means of blade characteristics, is not the best way. It may require to change your style.
To lower the throw you will need a harder/stiffer blade, usually both, and such blade will be faster, may be much faster than you need. I like to play low near the net too and in my play during a match my shots tend to go lower and lower till the balls start to end in the net. So in training I use a very hard and stiff blade with very low throw, trying to keep the ball close to the net and not overjumping the table. Its much more difficult than with semihard semiflex blade, but when I switch to my mane blade I feel comfortable and more consistant playing low over the net.
In general playng low over the net is more a matter of techniques rather then equipment, but equipment may help.
In your case you are playing with a high throw rubber, but you want to go lower to the net.
There are two ways plus a combination of both. Using a midthrow semiflex semihard blade with good feeling /a lot of choises/ and adjusting your technique. Or using a harder, stiffer and much faster blade, which most probably will make you not just adjust, but change a lot.
My personal advise is to consider some composite blades. It will be easier to meet your specific requirements and you will have greater choice. But first you have to determine what you exactly need.

Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Ok, the accent in my question was how you feel the throw of your blade with different speeds close to the table and at mid distance.
--------
I'll write about my own experience, others may correct where mine is different from the usual.

I think that the blade is the most important of the setup. The blade determines the bases of your style and generally what you'll be able to do. Rubbers determine more the way you would do that. So usually building setup starts with choosing appropriate blade. Changing blade can be a more complicated story. As you already can see in your case it prooves really difficult, having in mind your requirements.
In my experience trying to lower the throw of a high throw rubber, or to higher the throw of a low throw rubber, with the means of blade characteristics, is not the best way. It may require to change your style.
To lower the throw you will need a harder/stiffer blade, usually both, and such blade will be faster, may be much faster than you need. I like to play low near the net too and in my play during a match my shots tend to go lower and lower till the balls start to end in the net. So in training I use a very hard and stiff blade with very low throw, trying to keep the ball close to the net and not overjumping the table. Its much more difficult than with semihard semiflex blade, but when I switch to my mane blade I feel comfortable and more consistant playing low over the net.
In general playng low over the net is more a matter of techniques rather then equipment, but equipment may help.
In your case you are playing with a high throw rubber, but you want to go lower to the net.
There are two ways plus a combination of both. Using a midthrow semiflex semihard blade with good feeling /a lot of choises/ and adjusting your technique. Or using a harder, stiffer and much faster blade, which most probably will make you not just adjust, but change a lot.
My personal advise is to consider some composite blades. It will be easier to meet your specific requirements and you will have greater choice. But first you have to determine what you exactly need.

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation;
Like I said I need a blade which has a slightly low throw as compared to Septear, without changing tenergy 05 or MXP.
Changing the technique is not a problem for me as I am quick in adapting things. :)

Darker 7p.7t it is or Rosewood XO

Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Depends on whether you prefer to keep the hinoki feeling, though it's thicker.

Yep, I’ll always prefer the hinoki feeling tad above everything else