DHS Hurricane Hao 3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Anyone currently using DHS hurricane hao 3? If so, how does it play?
Personally I have not played it. But there are plenty of reviews online.

I was playing Hurricane Hao 2. I put it off buying Hao3 because people say the glass fiber in the middle makes the blade uncontrollable, too fast compared to ALC.

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
Personally I have not played it. But there are plenty of reviews online.

I was playing Hurricane Hao 2. I put it off buying Hao3 because people say the glass fiber in the middle makes the blade uncontrollable, too fast compared to ALC.

Passionate about TT
Is similar to the PG-13 with single carbonply in the middle? I read somewhere if u dropped it, it would snap in half at the handle. :p Don't know how true that is but it is scary.

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Is similar to the PG-13 with single carbonply in the middle? I read somewhere if u dropped it, it would snap in half at the handle. :p Don't know how true that is but it is scary.

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk
I am not sure. I played Nittaku Rutis for a while. It has two layers of glass fiber. It never snapped. But in general glass fiber feels more like pure carbon - little flex, fast, low throw and little feedback.

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
Ok. I did it. I sprung for one. Got it at a slight discount $195. I put 05 (fh) and Victas V-15 extra (bh). Played with it only about 10 hrs so far.

Weight = light 85 grams and very maneuverable in the hand. Very pleased

Vibration = 5+ (0 being no vibration, 10 being extreme vibration) some vibration, a little more than I'm accustomed to. But not uncomfortable at all for me.

Touch = 10 !!!!! exquisite...the absolute best touch I've felt from a carbon blade. The touch is so good on serve returns that it seems almost like the ball is in slow motion before you touch it. And you can place it very close to the net on the return with counter spin.

Speed = 7+8 The same as Viscaria or Timo Alc. I really wasn't looking for a fast blade. I currently have the Viscaria, Carbonado 145 and 290. And before that I played with the Carbonado 190 and Dhs hurricane long 5. So when it comes to speed, I've had and have got plenty. I'm a pretty fit guy so feel I can generate speed with most any blade. This blade, even though it has vibration, it really doesn't flex much. Shots are direct or linear. Whichever you decide. Close the blade and drive or open the blade and loop. It's totally up to you. It can do both as well as you want.

Spin = 10 !!!!!!! Did a few hours against long pips and wow! I've got the same rubbers on my Carbonado 145 and I can really tell the difference. I'm known for spin at my club already. But this blade just added a few rpm's to my ball.

Control = 9-10 (super dwell) I mean, I know it's getting some high reviews from me but I have to say I'm trying my best to be totally accurate. The control is amazing for my game. The only reason it doesn't get a flat out 10 is because I found flat hitting over the table a bit tricky. Some shots I normally hit (forehand flip kill in particular), the ball kinda sailed on me. But once I adjust I'm sure I'll have no problem. I don't have the best technique anyway, so it could be me.

The closest blade I can compare this blade to that I've played with is the Viscaria. They play very similar with the DHS Hao 3 edging out the Viscaria in my opinion because of the increased spin, touch, and off the table play. Even though this blade is slower that the tradition Off+ blades. Away from the table play is quite similar to a off++ blade such as Long 5 (effortless with increased feel, spin, and versatility) or off+ Carbonado 145 and 190 (again, much better feel, spin, and versatility).

Highly recommended for above average players to pro players. I wouldn't recommend it to beginners because of the fragile feel of the blade. This is not one to be banging the table with. It feels Peppermint stick fragile...lol

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Friend plays this blade in penhold so I got a chance to play with it a few times, speed is about the same as Butterfly ALC blades. Touch is much better for my liking.
Other friend broke his Boll ALC few days ago and just last night got a new one, while trying out his new A LC he switched blades for HH3, reaction was that he was very disappointed in his new blade and found out that HH3 holds/grabs the ball much better and had better feeling.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Friend plays this blade in penhold so I got a chance to play with it a few times, speed is about the same as Butterfly ALC blades. Touch is much better for my liking.
Other friend broke his Boll ALC few days ago and just last night got a new one, while trying out his new A LC he switched blades for HH3, reaction was that he was very disappointed in his new blade and found out that HH3 holds/grabs the ball much better and had better feeling.
Interesting!! And the price is lower than Butterfly ALC blades

Passionate about TT