Is Stiga Genesis M best on fh or bh??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
My wood is Yasaka Ma Lin karbon.

My black sheet is Stiga Genesis M 2,0
My red sheet is Andro Rasanter R 47 2,0
I like to open loop after reserving a serve and to counter attack with my fh.
In my bh side i can also open with a loop or a short underspin return ball after getting a serve. I also like to block push hitting the ball with my bh.
I would like to have your suggestions if i should use the Genesis in fh or bh?? and why you suggest that. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I know. I tried to switch side with my bat. But i m in doubt because if im missing the catapult effect in my bh with Genesis.
And sometimes in my bh the Rasanter feels sooo fast with the catapult effect and other times its great.
And in fh theres no need for a catapult effect rubber while i loop and hit harder then in my bh.
But the Genesis is great to blocking the ball with i bh

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Is Stiga Genesis M best on fh og bh??

I have the same combination as you and also the same issues.... So i something twiddle the blade according the problem I just face. Simple solution

True. Tried that combi on a friend’s blade.

Twiddling messes with my head though, or more specifically, my basic muscle automatisms. In the end I always go back to setups in which I get similar feedback on FH and BH. Not necessarily the same, but close. The mix of an explosive, hyperreactive sheet with a power-demanding one is big.

Others cope just fine, of course; pips-out and anti players obviously do, yet not all of them twiddle, or just in very special circumstances — think Joo Saehyuk BH kill, or FZD FH smash.

I do keep a spare blade with a very tacky, deadish Chinesish and a very grippy, lively EU/JP style rubber on it. Presently a Yasaka Sweden Extra with Thunderball2 and Vega Pro on it. I use to have fun in a much more allround Appelgrenis style (not that level, but hey). And I always end up with this dilemma, both rubbers do have ups and downs on both sides.

Reactions: JST
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I know. I tried to switch side with my bat. But i m in doubt because if im missing the catapult effect in my bh with Genesis.
And sometimes in my bh the Rasanter feels sooo fast with the catapult effect and other times its great.
And in fh theres no need for a catapult effect rubber while i loop and hit harder then in my bh.
But the Genesis is great to blocking the ball with i bh

It seems you have the pros and cons of your current setup nicely worked out. If you are missing the catapult effect on active shots with Genesis in BH, but at the same time you have noticed how good a rubber with less catapult is for blocking, try find something in the middle.

In other words, keep the Genesis on your FH if you´re satisfied. If you´d like a little more catapult in your FH, go thicker.
And find something between Rasanter and Genesis, something that improves your blocking while still not making it too hard to attack.

Between a medium hard rubber like Rasanter and a China hybrid like Genesis, there´s a lot that matches that description one way or another.

Saying that, you might want to take a closer look at Tibhar Hybrid K1. It is a German tensor, but a bit sticky so it appeals to the Chinese market. Even with a 50 degree sponge it feels softer than Genesis (but I have played them on different blades), but has less catapult than new generation tensor rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I also have a Butterfly Petr Korbel wood i can use. What is your thougts about that??
And i also have a black Yasaka Razka 9 i can use instead of the Genesis in fh og bh. What is your choise and why

Last edited: