Need some help

This user has no status.
I am a junior player who plays in national tournaments in New Zealand. My coach recommended getting some new rubbers as my bluefires are dying. He is a donic provider and says I should try either Acuda Blue P2 or Coppa X2 Platin soft. My game is a European style with lots of spin but less flat fast shots. I currently use a allround plus blade. Should I get either of the stated rubbers or maybe something else?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I think Donic Bluestorm Z2 or Z3 would be a good choice.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Go for the tibhar evolutions only if you don't mind your racketweighing a shitton. Those are the heaviest rubbers in existence :>

This user has no status.
Do you want to get a Donic rubber? (Eg are you getting a substantial discount?) Could you say more about what you’re looking for compared with the bluefire?
I'm getting around 10 percent off but I don't think that is worth it as we get charged double for gluing donic rubbers. I would like a slightly tackier rubber with more spin and slightly harder. I liked the bluefire in the fact that is was very controlled.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
You described your current bluefires as very controlled and the coach recommended the x2 series rubbers as step-up replacements. So I assume you're not playing with m1 or even m2 currently. So why not try m2, m1 or even m1 turbo?

If you really don't want to use Donic equipment anymore, you may find what you're looking for in Stiga Genesis. Check out the reviews on this forum.

Also stop paying someone else for gluing rubbers. It is far cheaper and very simple to do that yourself.

Reactions: chuckjordan2
says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
Mar 2015
Read 37 reviews
If You are used to the Bluefire rubbers hten, don't change that much. JP03 is a decent controlled rubber, I wold suggest to try M2, which has a very nice fine touch and lots of spin on serves and opening loops. On full power loops there is not as much spin, but it is still decent. M2 is a bit slower than Acuda P2, but it is more reliable, Acuda P2 ages quickly and it is designed to loop without fine touch. M2 has that fine touch that helps to recover from out of position hits. P2 will-not tolerate that. P2 reacts unpredictable when power looping, it seemed to me that it does not have enough power. Coppa is simply outdated, after the JP03 it will feel dead. Z3 is an interesting choice, but I only recommend these new Bluestorm coverings in ultramaxx (2,33 mm) thickness. Why? I switched from M1 to Z2 (sponge is the same but thicker) and I love it much, it feels like M2 but with the power and precision of the M1. A bit slower on power loops. But these new coverings demand a few hours of practice to get used to, because as long as you can loop you are fine, other shots have to be recalibrated. The new Bluestorm series are similar to the Acuda Blue series but they are more reliable and more effective in the modern attacking game. They excel in dropshots serves and loops (over or behind the table).

So in my opinion:
- go for M2 if you wolud like an allroundish attacking game
- go for Z3 if you want a more aggressive but controlled loop based game

Hope I could help.

Tibhar Evolution and Bluefire M has a very similar sponge (except the colours)
- MX-P is good similar to M1 but with harder topsheet, if you use JP03 it would be very heavy and very fast
- EL-P is a fine looping rubber, mostly suited for away-from the table or mid distance looping (M2 hasa bit softer feeling, but similar characteristic)
- Xiom Omega is a nice rubber, sort of T05 (Omega PRO) try to go for Europe (harder) or Elite (similar to yours) from the Omega IV series

Reactions: Suga D
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
different rubber on different blade will be different, you need to see how you feel after you put the new rubbers on your blade. See the function of the rubbers first, choose one you think it is good for your style, put it on and try, sometimes you are luck, you can find one you like the first time. All the suggestions are good but you still need to try them. As what I said choose one you think it is good for your style and put it on and try, you may have to try a few.

This user has no status.
MX-P is an awesome rubber but quite heavy. One of the heaviest rubbers around. It should be paired with a lighter backhand rubber. If you play MX-P on both sides, please go for the 1.9 thickness, not the max thickness.

My recommendation would be to try the "Victas V-15 Extra" rubber. A can't go wrong rubber. It can do whatever you want, unless you're a defensive chopper. Lol (which I very much doubt)

I've played with Donic bluefire m-1, rakza 9, all the tenergy rubbers except 25. Hurricanes, skyline, and a ton of others. My pick right now is "victas v-15 extra" (bh) and 05 (fh). Although I can play with victas on both sides just as well with little to no adjustment. Plenty of players in my club are turning in their tenergy and mx-p rubbers for victas v-15 extra. Try it, you'll thank me for it