I use a blade long handle , for playng penhold Style , îs a problem ?

says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
no it is not a problem but why ? if you play Penhold, the short handle will give you advantage for your serve. Also the bat will be lighter. Also short handle should be quicker to move . I play penhold and shakehand, I use short handle to play. I had tried both long and short handle but I found out it is easy to use short handle to play shakehand but not easy to play with long handle for penhold.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Read 1 reviews
It is not only the short handle but also the longer head and wider transition area. Normal Cpen blade should allow you for a bigger hitting zone/sweetspot and easier holding of the racket. Also the weight distribution is better. So it should improve your game. If you can get your blade in Cpen, it is definitely better to do so. If not, it depends as the choice of Cpen blades is limited and experimenting with blades is more problematic than with rubbers...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Since i don't like repeating myself i will just quote my answer to your previous post so you don't have to ask the same old questions over and over...

Hello, i play table tenis , Style penhold, but i use a blade with long handle , îs a problem?

Sent from myPhone using Tapatalk

Hayell yeah, that's a effing HUGE problem and the goon squad's gonna arrest you for doing that PLUS will seize your blade to prevent you from further crime. So run and hide as quick as you can.

[Emoji6]

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Two things since you seem to be new to this forum:

welcome to the forum. Hope you have a good time while here.
[Emoji2]

And yes, of course it's not a problem to use a shakehand handle and play penhold with it. But if you want to go beyond playground ping pong and get more seriously you should consider getting and using a penhold blade. There is a reason why people make them...
[Emoji6]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Problem îs i use a blade long handle nitaku septer , and i have c-Pen blade and dont like c-pen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Is that a problem?

cat17.jpg

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Main reason I like cpen blades is that I can always recognise mine and noone steals it :)

I've always thought that this was the main reason for penhold blades.

But, they do have different size/shape head; it is bigger. It should give you more feeling. But, I think, it is really just a personal choice.

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Since i don't like repeating myself i will just quote my answer to your previous post so you don't have to ask the same old questions over and over...

Originally Posted by hell_sukar66
Hello, i play table tenis , Style penhold, but i use a blade with long handle , îs a problem?

Sent from myPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by Suga D
Hayell yeah, that's a effing HUGE problem and the goon squad's gonna arrest you for doing that PLUS will seize your blade to prevent you from further crime. So run and hide as quick as you can.

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Two things since you seem to be new to this forum:

welcome to the forum. Hope you have a good time while here.

And yes, of course it's not a problem to use a shakehand handle and play penhold with it. But if you want to go beyond playground ping pong and get more seriously you should consider getting and using a penhold blade. There is a reason why people make them...

Suga D, always the nice public servant.

Last edited: