Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yea. Just wondering Sir carl, players like Ma Long and Zjk use hard rubbers with aryl/carb blades. So where does the dwell time come from?

Those guys are so good I think they can do anything. Arylate is combined with Carbon because the Carbon gives speed but the softness of the Arylate gives dwell time before the ball gets to the Carbon. I believe the DHS rubbers that they are using though, are also softer than what is commercially available. Rather than using the provincial or the commercial versions of H3 or Skyline we would have to try the National versions and then we would have to get them "preperared" and "pretuned" the way those guys do.

But with my provincial version of H3 NEO I get lots of dwell time. The hardness of the sponge on the version I got said 37-degrees.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
My current damaged provincial is 39 degrees. Perhaps a little too hard for my blade.

What blade are you using? I think it is hard to say, but, if you feel it is too hard, it is worth looking into alternatives when you have exhausted the use of your current rubber. Were you able to take care of the bubble? Good luck.

says http://www.facebook.com/video/?id=100002098293963
says http://www.facebook.com/video/?id=100002098293963
Sep 2011
To fix a top sheet you have to peel the top sheet properly and apply glue on sponge only .
And paste it evenly and apply a load of about 15 to 20 kg pl keep some thick books over rubber sheet
Not Glue should be applied on sponge only
Keep pressed over night for drying (8 to 10 hours)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I haven't said this but after i tried Sir carl's method i noticed that the bubble enlarged and the pips were visible on the surface. But 15-20kg worth of materials to put on the rubber. How do i get so many books? o.o

Where did you get the idea of 15-20kgs? :) Just a few heavy books; or something that will keep the topsheet pressed against the sponge. As long as there is glue in there and it has dried, all you should need is something to keep the pips up against the sponge for a while.

That blade might be too hard for H3 Neo.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
2 things could happen.

1: Pips got broken (from hitting very hard !!!) and the bubble is there to stay.
Soultion, rip off rubber and keep for those times where you need a used rubber to remove built up water based glue from a sponge or to remove sponge from pre-made blade.

2: Pips got separated from sponge. This is caused from a bad batch or gluing at factory. This is a bummer. You can try to remove teh topsheet and reglue it, but it will never be a 100% smooth job and it will play different. (Hey, try it out, it might play better !!!)
Solution: Try to reglue, but be ready to go to soultion #1.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Helpppp, im a newbie and i just bought an butterfly racket, and after only 2 weeks of usage, a huge air bubble suddenly appear. Can i fix it by myself or do i need an professional to do it for me.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Didn't read through the previous pages.
The bond between the top sheet and sponge is either gone, or the pips has broken.

Unrepairable
This is an old old thread. Before Fatima's post from today, the next most recent post was from 2011.

Reactions: Ray
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Seemed like carl was gone for a week... maybe he spent some time comforting the inept Goon Squad in their latest one week stay in the infamous basement septic tank by means of a certain remote trigger pull on the trap door baited by a pile of fake national H3 with an attractive lady in a miniskirt bending down to examine it as the Goonies fall for it.