Omega 7 Pro

5 out of 5 rating for Omega VII Pro

I got this from megaspin.net and xiomtt korea. The Omega VII Pro is the newest Xiom rubber that was just released this January. I have this rubber late December 2017 and I was able to fully test this for a few weeks. This is indeed a different ESN rubber because it doesn't feel like the previous Rasanters. The texture of the topsheet is different with the Rasanters being smoother compared to the topsheet of the Omega VII rubbers. The topsheet is soft and the Pro version feels like it is softer than 45 degrees overall if you take into account the soft topsheet and the sponge. The sponge is a black porous sp[onge like the usual carbo sponge that Xiom has but it looks different from the older rubbers. The topsheet is very grippy, it seems to be a little tacky compared to the plain grippy topsheet of the Rasanters. The O7P is one of the easiest rubber to use. I think aside from the weight which is 45 grams cut to a 150x157mm blade head, the rubber is very easy to use which is its main selling point. Even people who have tried the O7P say that the rubber is so forgiving that even with poorly executed shots, the ball goes in and gives you a huge room for mistakes but still be able to return the ball with ease. I would say even intermediate level players can use the O7P with ease and confidence. The Omega 7 Pro is a very fast rubber. It is a purely offensive rubber that can attack near and far from the table while leaving room for errors. It is very forgiving that even if you slap very low flying balls, you would still be able to land the ball on the other side. It is faster than the MX-P and slightly faster than the Rasanter R47. The speed of the O7P is more or less equal to that of the Tenergy 64 speed but with a higher angle. The spin is quite surprising because the Omega 7 Pro is not only very easy to produce spin, it is very easy to produce very heavy spin. The very grippy topsheet when combined with the topsheet softness lets the ball sink deeper into the sponge allowing the player to have more grip with the ball. The level of spin for the O7P is very high, in fact it can be spinnier than the MX-P but it is easier to use. The O7P loops well either by thin brushing contact with the ball or sinking the ball deeper and use more sponge compression to produce spin and speed in stronger shots but the Omega 7 Pro favors the sponge compression more because it is just the way it was designed to do with the polyballs. It is a trend with polyballs that people need to compress the sponge more when spinning the ball to produce heavier spin and the O7P is geared towards this approach. The O7P is also an excellent attacking and blocking rubber in the backhand where in those backhand shots like flicks and slaps near the net are very accurate and easy to do. It also blocks very well despite having a sort of tacky topsheet. It absorbs the impact easily on very strong shots making blocking very easy while maintaining control over the ball. So far, the Omega 7 Pro is the easiest high speed/spin rubber in the market right.

says Looking for the BH killer shot
says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews

Omega VII Pro is a speed machine, that still has high control. If you like to loop drive, this is a rubber to consider.

Short game is a challange as the catapult kicks in early.

I can't match the comment on forgivingness and spin though. Spin is high no doubt, but it requires a decent technique to generate this spin. If the ball is not hit in right moment, there is more speed than spin and a good chance to overpace.

Omega VII Pro requires active play the whole time, but rewards you with difficult to return loops and blocks. Underspin is also dangerous because of the lower bounce after second contact.

Nice rubber again from XIOM. A unique rumber in the market that will surely finds its crowd of fans....

This user has no status.

This is an excellent fast spinny rubber. Excellent all-rounder, it can do almost anything, you can put a lot of faith in this rubber. The main difficlty is when pushing you to have to be careful wotherwise it'll go stright into the net, you have to put a lot of effort into your shot, Good technique required.