Good Blade for MX-P

This user has no status.
Hi so I'm planning on switching from Hurricane to MX-P because I want to spin more on my forehand loop and my coach thinks I should get a slightly less stiff and softer blade. Right now I am a power player but I am trying to transition my game to more spin. I am a junior player with pretty decent technique and I still want to have a lot of power with the new blade as well as spin. Any recommendations? I've been considering the Timo Boll alc, zlf and zlc as well as the innerforce zlc.
Note: Please don't make this thread a battle about how there's no "best blade" I just want to see if anyone has anyone has any recommendations

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Hurricane to MXP will already be a huge technique change for you. Changing the blade will make it even more difficult to learn and adopt to it.

If you are confident enough to master the technique, you can pair it with the new Xiom feel zx1, 2 or 3
They are extremely good for spin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hurricane is one of the spinniest rubbers! Mxp will give you more speed, but likely less spin. I highly recommend getting an all wood 5 ply for developing controlled, attacking play. Stiga makes a lot of these, but most brands make these from all-off. Yinhe, DHS, friendship and palio make budget blades and some of them are fairly decent

Reactions: vvk1
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
I play with H3 Neo now and have played with MX-P for years in the past. IMHO, MX-P plays good on blades like TB-ALC but plays sligthly better on composite blades with limba outers. Examples: Xiom Vega Pro, Tibhar Stratus Carbon, Mizutani ZLC or Super ZLC (but that might be too fast) or Innerforce Layer ALC.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
Oddly enough, I find H3 Neo to be more powerful than T05 and MX-P from mid-distance on power-loops. Of course, on softer strokes, it is much easier to play with T05 and MX-P: you can take a bit of a breather for a few points playing at 40-60% power and still be in them. With H3-Neo, you have to go all-out each point to be in it. H3-Neo helps in providing a better workout while playing, though!

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Does anyone know if Timo Boll ZLF would go well with evolution mxp
I think it will be well but why don't you consider a inner alc blade like innerforce hurricane long V or something?

Probably it will fit in a softer blade and you won't lose to much speed

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
I did that transition but ended up with EL-S on the FH, because MX-P had unnecessary amount of kick. I use MX-P on my backhand. MX-P will be good when you are higher level and older. And I wanna say you, that I am a 19 yo. athletic guy with power based style.
Blade: I am playing with a blade manufactured by a Hungarian company. One of my teammates used Innerforce ZLC with two boosted MX-P (that was a beast), but he played with extremely spinny loops. His setup had a very high throw angle, which I didn't like, but I can see that it was a great combo. When I played with his setup it was too fast for me (boosted MX-P. who the hell want to use boosted MX-P under pro level?!?), because I use more power. Now he uses MX-S on the Innerforce. So, the innerforce works well with the whole Evolution range, but I would recommend you MX-S or EL-S over MX-P. MX-P is very fast even without good hip rotation, which is useful in matches, but problematic when you train. During training with MX-P I couldn't loop powerfully, because my partners (12 yo. junior players with pretty decent technique :) ) couldn't handle it well (and it was hard for me too), the drills ended too soon.
So again, Innerforce with EL-S/MX-S on the FH and change to MX-P when you start to play for money.

Reactions: thomas.pong

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
I've got it on a Joola K7 and I eventually concluded the combination is a bit too quick for me. It's great when you're on song and when you're playing someone who puts pace on the ball, but I found I couldn't control it properly in a game of lots of short pushes - sometimes the ball flies off it for no apparent reason. It's quite a top-heavy combination too, so again better for hitting than touch play.

Does anyone know if Timo Boll ZLF would go well with evolution mxp
I have used it on the TB Spark which is the older version of the TB ZLF. It works quite well in terms of speed, spin, etc. but there is a slightly low throw when looping.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl