Your Table Tennis Quotes

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Okay guys, to spur things up a bit I had an idea.

How about we invent and make up our own sporting quotes for table tennis. You must reference your work :p

If you have any friends who have said some cool table tennis quotes put them down. You must reference these aswell.

At the end of November me and Lgreggs will put the top 10 best quotes up in a poll and we will find out who has came up with the best table tennis quotes of all time! :)

Here is a quote from me to get things moving...

‎'If you want to win in Table Tennis you must hit every ball with a purpose' - Daniel Ives

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
1 POSITIVE MENTALITY IS WINNING MENTALITY - Coach Li Fu Jung
2. PAIN IS A STATE OF MIND, WINNING IS A STATE OF EUPHORIA - Azlan.
3. LIFE IS HARD, TABLE TENNIS IS HARDER - Azlan. Contemplating quitting table tennis in the late 80's under coach Li Fu Jung (chinese player in the 60's)
4. THAT NO BACKHAND, THIS IS! - Coach Li Fu Jung disgusted with our backhands and start to hit his backhands from behind his back! 1986

I have loads, mostly from coach Li coz of his limited english, so he tend to repeat his sayings over and over again, drumming them into our heads.

Last edited:
Reactions: tan.theveteran
Mar 2011
1. LEARN FROM YOUR DEFEAT AND YOU'LL BE A WINNER - Azlan. Reminding the juniors.
2. HAVE BAT WILL TRAVEL - Azlan. Years ago when I will travel anywhere for tournaments.
3. DON'T WAIT FOR IT, HUNT IT - Azlan. Telling the juniors to hunt the balls, not wait.
4. CHEER UP, IT'S ONLY TABLE TENNIS - Coach Li Fu Jung. What he told us when we didn't do well in our matches. Basically, when we lost.
5. YOU CAN'T GO TO BATTLES WITH ONE WEAPON - Coach Li Fu Jung. Telling us to improve every aspect of our game and not to rely on just one or two killer shots.

I was so blessed by having him as my coach back then. He was a Peoples' Republic Of China national player. He quit after he was accused of match fixing, and started coaching youngsters like me. A little man with big shoulders, arms and legs, but even a bigger heart.

I just add this video of my coach. I accidentally found it in youtube. It's the only one I found. He's also known as Li Furong, the right handed player.

Last edited:
Reactions: pjlouage

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
3. DON'T WAIT FOR IT, HUNT IT - Azlan. Telling the juniors to hunt the balls, not wait.

Wow I lived my whole tt career with this quote in mind. I have always been told.. 'To hunt the ball, look for the ball or even sniff the ball' haha! I know exactly where ya coming from Azlan :)

By the way coach Li Fu Jung sounds awesome!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
'Table Tennis is like an atom. To the ignorant it is merely microscopic and insignificant in existance, but to the dedicated, it is intricate in design and the building block to everything we know.' Matt Hetherington ;)

Jesus! That is PHD standard ha! You take snippeta of that from somewhere else boss ? :p

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Mar 2011
DAN : Wow I lived my whole tt career with this quote in mind. I have always been told.. 'To hunt the ball, look for the ball or even sniff the ball' haha! I know exactly where ya coming from Azlan

By the way coach Li Fu Jung sounds awesome!

Really? haha I wouldn't go as far as sniffing the ball, but I guess all great minds think alike. hahahaha

DAN : Jesus! That is PHD standard ha! You take snippeta of that from somewhere else boss ?

Exactly Dan, that was a reading man's quote. Like you said, PHD stuff. It really put my quotes to shame!!! hahaha I really love it.

Ian

This user has no status.

Ian

This user has no status.
Feb 2011
"Let's get it on like Ping Pong in Hong Kong" - Real Steel (movie). I saw this the other day and when I heard that quote I thought it was hilarious.
"Remember, Table Tennis is supposed to be fun" - Something I tell myself if I ever start getting frustrated.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Being the best is not good enough. Try harder. Just make sure having fun is a central component of striving for excellence. - Carl Horowitz

I am joking around but I came up with it after watching Liu Gouliang seeming to chastise Ma Long after Ma Long was ripping backhands at him off his multiball drill at the Stiga Center in Sweden. After winning a tournament without dropping a set, and the amount Ma Long has improved his backhand over the past 2 years, Liu Gouliang is still not satisfied. :) Of course I am reading a lot into what I saw. But I am at least entertaining myself and hopefully someone else will be entertained as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Thats why they are so good Carl ... they don't want to be the best in the world .. they want to be the best they can be :) ..
I am sure Ma Long always had the forehand .. now with the backhand and the forehand flip he has become just too hot to handle !!!

Being the best is not good enough. Try harder. Just make sure having fun is a central component of striving for excellence. - Carl Horowitz

I am joking around but I came up with it after watching Liu Gouliang seeming to chastise Ma Long after Ma Long was ripping backhands at him off his multiball drill at the Stiga Center in Sweden. After winning a tournament without dropping a set, and the amount Ma Long has improved his backhand over the past 2 years, Liu Gouliang is still not satisfied. :) Of course I am reading a lot into what I saw. But I am at least entertaining myself and hopefully someone else will be entertained as well.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Really? haha I wouldn't go as far as sniffing the ball, but I guess all great minds think alike. hahahaha

Haha yeah we do think alike :)... I dunno how sniffing come about lol.. I guess it means your right on top of the ball within seconds ha :p

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Somebody posted my quote just the other day, it's the 4th or 5th time I've been quoted online with that quote which I find really funny. And there is a website with my quote on and literally nothing else! What the hell haha

Reactions: Dan