Tomokazu Harimoto not in the current World Junior Championship

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I have searched over the web and I didn't manage to find anything about why Tomokazu Harimoto is not playing in the current World Junior Championship. I would love to see him play against the chinese juniors. If anybody knows why he is not participating please write here.

I suspect that has to do with Harimoto playing the full professional circuit, or at least the workload related to that; he has probably outgrown any age-limited competition anyway, despite of his few years.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
I have searched over the web and I didn't manage to find anything about why Tomokazu Harimoto is not playing in the current World Junior Championship. I would love to see him play against the chinese juniors. If anybody knows why he is not participating please write here.
Clearly you did not search all over the web. Ittf has even posted a pic on their Instagram account stating why he isn't going to be participating.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
Clearly you did not search all over the web. Ittf has even posted a pic on their Instagram account stating why he isn't going to be participating.
Thank you for clarifying that and providing links and the missing information. Really useful post.

Reactions: Michal_Z and yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
i'm seeing more and more injuries in the pro circuit - both senior and juniors
Its not good

one of my fav is also injured at the wjttc, got injured in teams...
senior world rank 101, a seed in the singles
and many see him as a future world 50 inside 1 to 2 years

Reactions: drunix80