Master TTD Member

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Zhang Jike, Long 5
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 8, DHS Hurricane 3 Provinicial, Karis H
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Evolution MX-P , Xiom Omega Pro IV, Karis M

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 4,332 Times in 2,187 Posts
      I was not being gratuitous NL , I honestly think this attitude will be a hindrance to his development ... he would not have a chance to get beaten by Gym Janitors to humble him down ... I did not see any reason for him to throw away that third game in the final ... it was literally suicide ...

Quote Originally Posted by ttmonster View Post
      .. now it would be sounding like a wisecrack ... but honestly I had the vibe when I watched his match against Kanak Jha .. its almost like he thinks that he is too good , but even if you are you cannot show off ... he has a long way to become Waldner , somebody needs to tell him that ... he definitely needs to go to a sports psychiatrist ....
      Lets go Spinny Looping !

2. The Following User Likes ttmonster's Post:

Takkyu_wa_inochi (12-04-2017)

3. Top | #42
      This user has no status.

Mod
      Senior TTD Member Country: Denmark
      Equipment:
      Blade Spinlord Ultra Carbon DEF
      Forehand Rubber JOOLA Golden Tango PS
      Backhand Rubber TSP Curl P4

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,137 Times in 424 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
      JesperStef,

The girls final score is definitely wrong. It was deuce in the 7th after all... looks like you took the Girls SF score.
      You're right - obviously - so thank you for the correction .

4. The Following User Likes JesperStef's Post:

NextLevel (12-04-2017)

5. Top | #43
      This user has no status.

Master TTD Member Country: Nigeria

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Korbel
      Forehand Rubber Fastarc C-1
      Backhand Rubber Fastarc C-1

Reviews
      Read 16 Reviews
      Liked 11,735 Times in 5,140 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by ttmonster View Post
      I was not being gratuitous NL , I honestly think this attitude will be a hindrance to his development ... he would not have a chance to get beaten by Gym Janitors to humble him down ... I did not see any reason for him to throw away that third game in the final ... it was literally suicide ...
      There was a reason - it is called the Chinese front-runner. When a Chinese player gets a comfortable lead, they start taking greater risks. At the beginning of the third game you could see that Xue Fei came out to break him. The kid is 15, he had high expectations for himself and didn't like the fact that he felt helpless. Nothing he was trying was consistently working.

That he settled enough to win the 4th game speaks volumes for his character and to me is the true indicator of his fighting spirit. He was outclassed in that match and couldn't counter XF backhand loops to save his life but he hung in there to get a game.

Even Roger Federer was a bigger headcase at 20. Let's call him a head case when he has enough experience to know better.

6. The Following 5 Users Like NextLevel's Post:

ajtatosmano2 (12-04-2017),Baal (12-05-2017),JesperStef (12-04-2017),Takkyu_wa_inochi (12-04-2017),ttmonster (12-04-2017)

7. Top | #44
      This user has no status.

Master TTD Member

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Zhang Jike, Long 5
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 8, DHS Hurricane 3 Provinicial, Karis H
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Evolution MX-P , Xiom Omega Pro IV, Karis M

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 4,332 Times in 2,187 Posts
      .. when I was watching ... I hoping this goes the roger federer way and not the marat safin say ... lets see ....
      There was a reason - it is called the Chinese front-runner. When a Chinese player gets a comfortable lead, they start taking greater risks. At the beginning of the third game you could see that Xue Fei came out to break him. The kid is 15, he had high expectations for himself and didn't like the fact that he felt helpless. Nothing he was trying was consistently working.

That he settled enough to win the 4th game speaks volumes for his character and to me is the true indicator of his fighting spirit. He was outclassed in that match and couldn't counter XF backhand loops to save his life but he hung in there to get a game.

Even Roger Federer was a bigger headcase at 20. Let's call him a head case when he has enough experience to know better.

8. The Following 2 Users Like ttmonster's Post:

Baal (12-05-2017),NextLevel (12-04-2017)

9. Top | #45
      This user has no status.

Established TTD Member Country: United States

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 233 Times in 117 Posts
      Let's call him a head case when he has enough experience to know better.
      He has enough experience to know better. Some 15 year olds are rock solid competitors, but Truls isn't one of them. Still impressive and good fighting back to take the 4th game. Hopefully he'll watch the 3rd game video and decide he never again wants to look like such a fool. If table tennis were a team sport his coach would have benched him for bad body language alone.

10. The Following User Likes Andy44's Post:

Atas Newton (12-09-2017)

11. Top | #46
      This user has no status.

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Korbel

Reviews
      Read 16 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by Andy44 View Post
      He has enough experience to know better. Some 15 year olds are rock solid competitors, but Truls isn't one of them. Still impressive and good fighting back to take the 4th game. Hopefully he'll watch the 3rd game video and decide he never again wants to look like such a fool. If table tennis were a team sport his coach would have benched him for bad body language alone.
      He is 15. No 15 year old has enough experience to know better.
      Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

12. The Following 2 Users Like NextLevel's Post:

Baal (12-05-2017),Takkyu_wa_inochi (12-04-2017)

13. Top | #47
      This user has no status.

Established TTD Member Country: United States

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 233 Times in 117 Posts
      He is 15. No 15 year old has enough experience to know better.
      Not in my experience. I was worse than Truls as a 15 year old, but even I knew it was self-defeating. My highest ranked friend was a stone cold competitor who won Brad Gilbert style, almost entirely on smart tactics and mental toughness. Never lost his cool. Successful 15 year olds are more often the toughest competitors rather than the most talented athletes. Almost all have enough experience to know how to conduct themselves. Some can do it, some can't, some won't.

14. Top | #48
      This user has no status.

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Korbel

Reviews
      Read 16 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by Andy44 View Post
      Not in my experience. I was worse than Truls as a 15 year old, but even I knew it was self-defeating. My highest ranked friend was a stone cold competitor who won Brad Gilbert style, almost entirely on smart tactics and mental toughness. Never lost his cool. Successful 15 year olds are more often the toughest competitors rather than the most talented athletes. Almost all have enough experience to know how to conduct themselves. Some can do it, some can't, some won't.
      Well if you aren't worse Now, then there is hope for the kid. That is my point. There is temperament and there is refinement. Refinement comes with experience and knowledge. Some 15 yr ikds have temperament but no 15 year old has refinement. At least not on the level required to deal with a complete lack of control over how badly things are going for you.

15. Top | #49
      says I actually do drink...wine.

Established TTD Member Country: Europe
      Equipment:
      Blade DHS H301
      Forehand Rubber Loki GTX Pro
      Backhand Rubber Hurricane 3 Nat.BS Black

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 155 Times in 76 Posts
      Although I may kind of understand the excitement over the Swedish boy, I feel that we should remember that China won every gold medal. I think the interesting times will be 2019 and 2020.

Me, I have my tickets for next year's World Cup Teams, and I am just hoping to see some of the greats of today.
      Last edited by darucla; 12-04-2017 at 11:51 PM. Reason: typo

16. Top | #50
      says Training Video Master

Verified Youtuber
      Senior TTD Member Country: Belgium

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 547 Times in 247 Posts
      WORLD CUP 2017 ALL THE TRAINING SESSION SHORT FORM : http://bit.ly/2zJNWsZ

ITTF Legends Tour 2014 and 2016 Backstage - Best Of - Training : http://bit.ly/1S0s3I7

YOUTUBER ? Check Tube Buddy, the Best Youtube Tool : https://www.tubebuddy.com/TableTennisBelgiumTV

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123