Commentary vs No Commentary

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
I like commentary. I don't pay attention to it, but it's good when you hear someone's voice. The T2 and Junior Champs commentator is terrible, he irritates me, but I'm fine with Bobrow. Someone might want 'more insight', but I want to concentrate on the match, AB is just enough to increase the spirit of the match.

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
I like commentary. For me it adds to the atmosphere and excitement of the match. It's important that they appreciate the sport though and talk waffle between the points and not during them. I think AB is good at this even if he's not everyone's cup of tea. What would really improve coverage is more camera angles and close ups. It made such a difference watching the Japanese table at the WTTC.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I appreciate knowledgeable commentary that not only discusses play but provides some color about the players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I agree both Adam and Matt in their own ways do a great job. Obviously Adam is playing on a completely different level, Matt tries to fill in whenever they don't have other commentators for USATT events , or thats what it seems to me from the outside. Something funny ... did you hear Matt Hetherington when he was commentating last time in that Joola team Championship... he was partnering a guy who humorous, nice and friendly but had no clue about table tennis terminology. this guy kept saying Backhand flick for every shot .. I don't know if this is true but it looked to me that in an effort to not make this look guy had Matt completely got rid of his his technical analysis and did not even get into calling backhand loops, drives flicks etc ... hats off to Matt ... nice team spirit buddy ! :)

I like lively young commentators like adam and MH but not some middle aged guy who just says "oh nice forehand loop by whoever" in a boring, quiet voice.

Reactions: TTHopeful