Steffen Mengel completely freaks out!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
The most astonishing thing is actually how umpie reacts: no emotions, absolutely nothing. "Oh a guy just kicked a towel stand out of the court right next to me, nothing happened, gotta make myself a cup of tea." Mr. Cool.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
The most astonishing thing is actually how umpie reacts: no emotions, absolutely nothing. "Oh a guy just kicked a towel stand out of the court right next to me, nothing happened, gotta make myself a cup of tea." Mr. Cool.

Makes me sometimes wonder if they are actually human.
Imagine the craziest rally ever possible. Most umps i've seen won't even show any kind of emotion.
No smile, no grin, nothing, nada, nada, nada, not a frown, nothing. Zilch.

This user has no status.
Makes me sometimes wonder if they are actually human.
Imagine the craziest rally ever possible. Most umps i've seen won't even show any kind of emotion.
No smile, no grin, nothing, nada, nada, nada, not a frown, nothing. Zilch.
I agree. The only issue is that if an ump were smile after a crazy point someone could then accuse them of favoritism. Personally, I feel a lot of umpires are pretentious losers who know nothing about the game and dress up like college professors. At a recent tournament, I was about to beat a player about 600 rating points higher than me but his serve was incredibly illegal and the umpire there did nothing and my friend coaching me complained to him and then got ejected. I ended up losing 11-8 in the 5th. Look umpires are annoying in table tennis but there bad in different ways in other sports.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I agree. The only issue is that if an ump were smile after a crazy point someone could then accuse them of favoritism. Personally, I feel a lot of umpires are pretentious losers who know nothing about the game and dress up like college professors. At a recent tournament, I was about to beat a player about 600 rating points higher than me but his serve was incredibly illegal and the umpire there did nothing and my friend coaching me complained to him and then got ejected. I ended up losing 11-8 in the 5th. Look umpires are annoying in table tennis but there bad in different ways in other sports.

I have given up on complaining about illegal serves as umpires will not regulate them, especially the hidden ones.