Save the Rainforest

Here we have a song with a general phylosophy that a man should plant at least two peach trees plus two cherry trees during his life, otherwise his life would be empty.

I've had conversations with many green movement enthustiasts making rallys and riots, young people who had never planted a single tree or even a flower.

I've planted so many trees in front of my home, in the city park, in mountain reagions needed replanting, in my forests and gardens, that I feel my conscience free enough to EJ with some 5 TT blades.

And I woukd advise the green marchers to organize planting, rather than marching.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
And I woukd advise the green marchers to organize planting, rather than marching.

You may have a point, as action ALWAYS speaks louder than words, but then again how would you let others know about the issue?

You plant a tree next someone else cuts it down. You plant the next tree until someone will cut it down again and so on... If you continue that nothing ever gonna change, so there must be some that try to wake the public awareness. You'll never gonna get that by silently planting and re-planting, someone has to raise the attention this situation receives.

If you have read my other posts you should know by now that I'm not running around saying TT-blades are bare evil.
Yet i've never hit with a bamboo blade. Could be interesting.

As Der_Echte has written so nicely, there are 'bigger fish to fry.'
I think cutting down rainforest in Borneo for palm oil and palm tree plantations so Orang-Utan's go extinct could be such a 'bigger fish'...

Yes, action always speaks louder than words.
And I agree with a lot of your words.
My words were addressed mostly to those, who are ONLY speaking and never acting.
I do a "silent" planting in my teritory only, in public teritory planting is well organized and is not silent.
Society makes a difference too. In my society one can not cut a tree like the way you say. If one cuts a tree to build a building, he has to plant other 10 on a place, pointed by the authoritys. So build your society and mind and control your authoritys.
And back to the words job - there are many different ways to express an idea. Marching is one of them and I'm not against it. I'm against the "professional" marchers and the ones with no other real solving the problem activity. Very often such people are well manipulated by someones hidden interests.
My way to express, aside from silent planting, is like that:
/a trailer of my experimental film for betrayal, political intrigues, slavery mind, misery and dogma, wars, alienation, violance, addiction and pollution - "Lets Try It Again"/

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
Well ... I am not going to blame anyone for using rare, exotic woods to make TT blades. If they can afford, and find them, go ahead and make their days. Power are with them. However, I do resent people who "waste" energy, natural resources, etc. like the world is going to end tomorrow. Please notice the quoted "waste"! These folks are really irresponsible.

My guitar is made of Brazilian rosewood. Do I feel guilty about it? Absolutely not. Am I a hypocrite? Possibly not. I do ride bicycle to work as part of green and health consciousness. I do have 2 beautiful children and do not agree with anyone who said to save the environment we should not have children as it sounds extreme. I recycle a lot as I am cheap but I do feel I contribute something to a green environment. I encourage my wife, kids to conserve the energy and natural resources as much as possible and they do it very well and I am proud of such effort.

So I do not think anyone who use the rare 250y/o wood for TT blade is wrong. He/she has the right to use it. The trees are not needed to be saved just because they are 250 y/o. Heck .. my Brazilian rosewood is even rarer... Don't shoot me ;)

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Well ... I am not going to blame anyone for using rare, exotic woods to make TT blades. If they can afford, and find them, go ahead and make their days. Power are with them. However, I do resent people who "waste" energy, natural resources, etc. like the world is going to end tomorrow. Please notice the quoted "waste"! These folks are really irresponsible.

My guitar is made of Brazilian rosewood. Do I feel guilty about it? Absolutely not. Am I a hypocrite? Possibly not. I do ride bicycle to work as part of green and health consciousness. I do have 2 beautiful children and do not agree with anyone who said to save the environment we should not have children as it sounds extreme. I recycle a lot as I am cheap but I do feel I contribute something to a green environment. I encourage my wife, kids to conserve the energy and natural resources as much as possible and they do it very well and I am proud of such effort.

So I do not think anyone who use the rare 250y/o wood for TT blade is wrong. He/she has the right to use it. The trees are not needed to be saved just because they are 250 y/o. Heck .. my Brazilian rosewood is even rarer... Don't shoot me ;)

I see not much has progressed since I was last on the forum
Also I see the main quoted person from OP isn't in there too.

never the less, I guess it is so difficult to be total green
generally speaking - the people that are practicing green won't go around telling people to stop this or stop that (as imo that is part of wasting energy too :p)

A lot of countries has gone green approach (citizen's practicing recycle, renewalable, using own cutlery/straws, walk/cycle more than drive/public transport) but heck it is indeed so difficult. Just logging onto this forum is anti green (even though i spend less than 1 hour a week :) )

I guess what just flare me up is reading the forcing opinion on what is good and what is bad for table tennis players, but then what they cover is always 1 sided and claiming Xiom and other companies has false marketing (this is a huge claim, so I see it as hate speech than anything else - show me proof and I will change my perception)

It is like animal activists saying certain group of people are killing animals, mean while after a march, they are gathering around and having a BBQ. I call these people hypocrites too

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The problem isn’t the people who are not green. The problem is that there are too many people. Everything will be solved if we send 3 billion people to Mars. Sounds ridiculous now, but might be a viable solution in a 100 years.

[emoji2] I think I saw that Sci-Fi movie. Hahahahaha.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: perham