Equipment:
      Blade DHS H301 (84g)
      Forehand Rubber 729 Battle II, 45deg
      Backhand Rubber Palio AK47 Blue

Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

DHS H301 Blade, My Review

Wow what a blade. I played with mine for the first time today.
      This one is a game changer for sure..

The picture is with the plastic wrap still on. Without the plastic wrap it's a bare grey surface, as the writing and logo are only on the plastic wrap.

Used my usual rubbers, Battle II on forehand and Palio AK47 Blue on backhand. Blade itself weighs 84, the assembled racket.. Well, I didn't weigh it. I'll weigh it tomorrow when I get back to the club and edit it in.
      It is very light with these rubbers, obviously, but the balance of the blade is also excellent, making it very lively in the hand. My Palio King Yue weighs 3 grams less, but feels noticeably less lively beause of weight distribution.

First thing I noticed is that all my shots are going short, and was like "wtf" cuz this blade is rated Off++ while my other blade is All+. Hit with a bit more confidence, fine.
      Then I hit a bit faster and the ball goes ZOOOOM. And I'm again "wtf", I never got this kind of speed from such a simple forward drive, and also "wtf" because a second ago this was slower than an ALL+ blade.
      GEARS. It has gears far exceeding any of my other blades. And very easy and intuitive to use.

Then I practiced topspin and topspin on backspin. In topspin it was great, but not as good as my Palio King Yue which creates much more lethal topspin. But in topspin against backspin it was so nice. The blade is fast enough and solid enough that the ball will consistently shoot fast, full of spin, and shallow over the net. Very hard to return.

All in all, this blade has the best range of 'gears' of those I've tried, and it's something very noticable. Also very stable and easy to control. Blocking is excellent and it fits my choice of rubbers perfectly. For me it's a 10 out of 10 in every category except for topspin, where it's, I guess, an 8.5 in comparison to the King Yue's 10.

So here's what I think happened. Correct me if I'm wrong:
      I'm used to playing with very flexible blades (Liu Shiwen ZLF, Palio King Yue). The H301 is a lot more stiff due to the outer layer of Koto and the ALC material. So weaker shots were noticably less 'springy' while stronger shots noticably stronger and cleaner. Or something. But also not capable of creating the kind of spin of the King Yue, with it's very soft construction.
      If someone has a better explanation I'd be happy to listen.

All in all, the best blade I've had the fortune of using. Responsive and accurate. It doesn't "do" anything to the ball. It just makes it go exactly as you want it to. Insane gears, fast, crisp.

Side with 729 Battle II and Palio AK47 Blue
      Last edited by Lightzy; 6 Days Ago at 03:30 PM.

2. Top | #2
      This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member Country: Germany
      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Clipper CR
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO 39 Degrees
      Backhand Rubber DHS Skyline 3-60 37 Degrees

Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 205 Times in 107 Posts
      That behavior you mentioned comes from the positioning of the Carbon layers. This is an innerforce kind blade. The Carbon only Kicks in on high power Shots.

3. The Following User Likes Fabian's Post:

RidTheKid (6 Days Ago)

4. Top | #3
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: United States

Equipment:
      Blade DHS H301 (84g)
      Forehand Rubber 729 Battle II, 45deg
      Backhand Rubber Palio AK47 Blue

Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
      That behavior you mentioned comes from the positioning of the Carbon layers. This is an innerforce kind blade. The Carbon only Kicks in on high power Shots.
      I didn't think that was it because the Liu Shiwen is much more of an 'innerforce' kind of blade, and I'm very used to the Liu Shiwen (played with it for half a year). The Liu Shiwen doesn't come near to the DHS H301 in either gears or a natural crisp feel.
      Last edited by Lightzy; 6 Days Ago at 09:10 AM.