Smash_Fan Gets a New Blade (InnerForce Layer ZLF)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Then as a DVD bonus... a blooper scene where both Mobs jump off Brooklyn Bridge together at once in slow motion in extreme joy looking at each other like it is a bliss and dance and smile as they fall towards the water...

It was a little tricky to get the release for the footage. But they let me post these stills from the shoot.

depositphotos_9926116-stock-photo-woman-jumping-off-the-bridge.jpg

people-were-jumping-off-a-bridge-in-egypt-to-avoid-gunfire-from-day-of-rage-clashes-video.jpg

Jumping_off_bridge.jpg

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
Hi Everyone,
This is a short review of the INNERFORCE LAYER ZLF.

SF is pretty spot on with his review. There's nothing that can overtake the feel of wood blades. I'm a 5ply kinda guy. I've tried the ZLCs, ZLFs, ALCs, & whatever technology is known to TT. When the game is on the line, PPH would pick a good ole wood blade any day of the week.
Welcome back to the TT world, SF! Tennis season is over! =P

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
SF is pretty spot on with his review. There's nothing that can overtake the feel of wood blades. I'm a 5ply kinda guy. I've tried the ZLCs, ZLFs, ALCs, & whatever technology is known to TT. When the game is on the line, PPH would pick a good ole wood blade any day of the week.
Welcome back to the TT world, SF! Tennis season is over! =P

That's right I'mmm baaack!!! Yo PingpongHolic10!!!! Whasssup
When are we hitting?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Hello everyone.

I know that my question y not about the topic, but...

I would like to know what is the real weight oh the butterfly Viscaria Last generation?

I have a Timo Boll Spirit and I Want to tried the viscaria, they are similar? what are the differences?

Thank You for your time.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I would like to know what is the real weight oh the butterfly Viscaria Last generation?

When picking mine viscaria few months ago weight range was 86-89 grams.

It is pretty hard for a whole production run of blades to be that close to the same weight. Since wood is living, the range should be bigger.

I have seen Viscaria 78 grams and I have seen 98 grams. Most of them are not as heavy as 98 or as light as 78. And the weight range of any particular production run would be a little less dramatic than that 20 gram differential. But blades of the same size and wood can vary in weight fairly significantly.

If you wanted a blade of a specific weight, the real thing to do is to ask the seller. For most of the blades I have bought new, I have simply called the seller and asked if they had the kind of blade I was looking for in the specific weight I wanted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
It is pretty hard for a whole production run of blades to be that close to the same weight. Since wood is living, the range should be bigger.

I have seen Viscaria 78 grams and I have seen 98 grams. Most of them are not as heavy as 98 or as light as 78. And the weight range of any particular production run would be a little less dramatic than that 20 gram differential. But blades of the same size and wood can vary in weight fairly significantly.

If you wanted a blade of a specific weight, the real thing to do is to ask the seller. For most of the blades I have bought new, I have simply called the seller and asked if they had the kind of blade I was looking for in the specific weight I wanted.

Thank You a lot for the info.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Smash_fan, would you consider applying a finish to your Hinoki blade's handle to keep the humidity out? I don't mean a standard blade sealer, as their feel can be an acquired taste on handles. I mean something that preserves the look and feel but keeps the water out. (E.g. those hydrophobic nano coat finishes seem like they might do the trick. I haven't yet tried it on a TT handle, but I will in the near future.)

This user has no status.
Not for sub-1700 USTTA rated players IMO, as the gear that kicks in from zylon fiber does so earlier than expected (i.e. during return of serve or on a push).
Does it mean that you have to play in leagues to have a chance to handle this blade? Can you give a more detailed
description as to what 1700 means in terms of a player's level, please? I'm not familiar with the ranking.
It has 2 outer limbas and not even a carbon layers, yet is for people who play in competition. So does it mean that people who use a carbon blade but don't play in competition are over-equipped?
_20191007_004836.jpg

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Does it mean that you have to play in leagues to have a chance to handle this blade? Can you give a more detailed
description as to what 1700 means in terms of a player's level, please? I'm not familiar with the ranking.
It has 2 outer limbas and not even a carbon layers, yet is for people who play in competition. So does it mean that people who use a carbon blade but don't play in competition are over-equipped?
View attachment 19883

This thread is old. I doubt Smash_Fan has been on TTDaily or MyTT in a few years.

But he was talking about playing level rather than whether you have played in leagues or tournaments. I am pretty sure of that. He is basically saying the blade is for someone whose technique and skill levels are decently high.

Reactions: nivekkan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
This thread is old. I doubt Smash_Fan has been on TTDaily or MyTT in a few years.

But he was talking about playing level rather than whether you have played in leagues or tournaments. I am pretty sure of that. He is basically saying the blade is for someone whose technique and skill levels are decently high.

yes, that's an old post, but missed that player ratings table somehow.
I am somewhere around 2000, but never considered myself as an expert player though :D for sure