best bh rubber for timo boll alc

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
If tenergy 05 is the best rubber for forehand rubber for timo boll alc, tenergy 05 must be the best backhand rubber for timo boll alc ... the question is do you have the backhand and forehand to play with the best rubbers on the best blade ? ... "all" the "best" .... ;)
what is the best backhand rubber for timo boll alc? my forehand rubber is tenergy 05

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
The blade is of its own class - agree. Provides you with a great and direct feel. Beautiful outer koto feel. There are a tons of reviews.

Of course no such thing as the best bh rubber. Depends on what you want to play, more control or more attacking game - see Zhan Jike (I consider Viscaria to be very similar) t64 or 05fx as some say, and Timo Boll - pure 05 (God knows what version now).

For us mortals [low amateur league player] who still love this direct feel, you have to compromise. For me 05 was uncontrollable, 64 or even 05fx too fast (could not block). Tried FX-S, didn't like it. My current EL-P seems nice but I bought it used (probably tuned before) and it was ok, not too bouncy. But I just got the new EL-P ... we'll see ... : )

Some like t80 as bh - but it still would be plenty fast I guess, specially with TB ALC.

Last edited:
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Why are you people buying all these expensive, heavy rubbers?
Get a Palio AK47 Blue for backhand. It's perfect and like $15 at most.
Enjoy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Why are you people buying all these expensive, heavy rubbers?

Well you might be right, rubbers are expensive. But if it's your hobby and you buy them like every few months ... I absolve myself thinking it's better than smoking ; )

The weight is not necessarily something bad. It gives stability to your blade. Personally I prefer the heavy ones.
J.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
what is the best backhand rubber for timo boll alc? my forehand rubber is tenergy 05

Depends on how good is your BH as compared to your FH. If it's just as good, then T05. If it's not as good, then, as a BTY fanboy, you have plenty of choices T05 FX, T80 or T80FX, T64 or T64FX.