difference between Carbon

hey guys! there is a little hole on the cover of my brand new rubber which I wont use until a few month later. I know that hole is supposed to be there to let you see the rubber but since there is a gap will the rubber overtime get damaged(by damaged i mean less spinny, harden, etc.)? or can i just leave it and it will be good and ready to be used?

here is what i mean:

https://m.baidu.com/sf/vsearch?pd=i...7cb.jpg&imgos=2622827144,2098899307&imgis=0,0

click the link and you will see what i mean. You can see a small gap,at the bottom left and I'm worried the rubber would worsen. BTW I have the hurricane 3 provincial blue sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
hey guys! there is a little hole on the cover of my brand new rubber which I wont use until a few month later. I know that hole is supposed to be there to let you see the rubber but since there is a gap will the rubber overtime get damaged(by damaged i mean less spinny, harden, etc.)? or can i just leave it and it will be good and ready to be used?

Share some photo.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
well, I'm sorry but I legit can't answer the two first questions XD

BUT, I loop pretty well, against backspin but one slight problem is that sometimes(actually pretty rarely)I misjudge the amount of spin and loop over the edge. Yep.

Well, if you are comfortable looping backspin in a game situation and, if someone pushes at you, you are comfortable looping to open the offense, then you will be the best judge of whether the blade is too fast for you. From a technical standpoint, if you are good at looping backspin, it is probably a fine speed for you. It just may be a big adjustment coming from something considerably slower.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
here is what i mean:

https://m.baidu.com/sf/vsearch?pd=i...7cb.jpg&imgos=2622827144,2098899307&imgis=0,0

click the link and you will see what i mean. You can see a small gap,at the bottom left and I'm worried the rubber would worsen. BTW I have the hurricane 3 provincial blue sponge.

If behind the hole, the rubber has plastic on it, then that is how it was packaged. That gap in the cardboard is for you to see what color the rubber is. However, the sponge is probably exposed on the sides, but there is probably something covering the sponge just like something is covering the topsheet.

But, if you put it in a ziplock bag and remove as much air as possible, it will protect the rubber better. Then you just have to keep the rubber in a place where the temperature is stable. Not too hot, not too cold. Either can damage the rubber.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
clearly you're very knowledgeable about the wood patterns, so I'm gonna ask you something I've been wondering about for a while. Does it matter if the grain pattern on the outermost ply doesn't quite align with the vertical axis of the blade and forms a very slight angle? Will it somehow make one side of the racket (side as in left/right, not 'red'/'black') different from another?

Your blade is a Yinhe Galaxy W-6? That is an excellent blade for the price. If it plays well, don't worry about it. But that is one of the things that happen with some of the blades from companies that make blades that are such bargains.

It really isn't a big deal. But if the craftsmanship was high, you wouldn't get that.

Reactions: Atas Newton
Thank you very much UpSideDownCarl, now.I have another question again XD

So, Curiosity was killing me from the inside so I opened the package of my H3. And I was relieved when I found out there was a plastic cover on the topsheet. However, the #22blue sponge had small lines going across the width from top to bottom. is that supposed to be there? Thanks and sorry I can't seem to put a image.