Looking for pros to test/critique table tennis simulator

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Hello,

A club player near me suggested I post to this forum for what i'm looking for, so here I am. If I should be posting elsewhere, please let me know, and I'll promptly move it.

I am one of the devs of a table tennis simulator for VR headsets. We want the game to be as realistic as possible but only have so much data on all of the many different variables of the sports. (ball-air drag and forces as functions of speed and spin, table friction and restitution values, paddle rubber non linear behavior, both normal and parallel....and so forth.

You can see the game here: store.steampowered.com/app/488310/Eleven_Table_Tennis_VR/

I was hoping to find a pro or two, or coach, whichever makes more sense, and pay for a lesson - but instead of lesson time, get a critique of various aspects of the game. This way, we can tweak it until it makes the pro happy.

I'm not sure if the same would be possible remotely (which is why i visited a club near me), but maybe someone would be interested in testing and critiquing the game here who own VR headset(s)? I'll be more than happy to provide game keys so you wouldn't have to pay for it.

-Roman

Reactions: songdavid98
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Hello,

A club player near me suggested I post to this forum for what i'm looking for, so here I am. If I should be posting elsewhere, please let me know, and I'll promptly move it.

I am one of the devs of a table tennis simulator for VR headsets. We want the game to be as realistic as possible but only have so much data on all of the many different variables of the sports. (ball-air drag and forces as functions of speed and spin, table friction and restitution values, paddle rubber non linear behavior, both normal and parallel....and so forth.

You can see the game here: store.steampowered.com/app/488310/Eleven_Table_Tennis_VR/

I was hoping to find a pro or two, or coach, whichever makes more sense, and pay for a lesson - but instead of lesson time, get a critique of various aspects of the game. This way, we can tweak it until it makes the pro happy.

I'm not sure if the same would be possible remotely (which is why i visited a club near me), but maybe someone would be interested in testing and critiquing the game here who own VR headset(s)? I'll be more than happy to provide game keys so you wouldn't have to pay for it.

-Roman

If I owned a VR headset, I would gladly do this for free. You're looking for a pretty small subset of people (good at table tennis, and owns a VR headset), so at the very least, my comment gets helps others see this post, because (as a table tennis lover and as a gamer) I want you to succeed. I'll try asking people in the reddit table tennis discord if any of them own a VR headset.

You can try posting on https://www.reddit.com/r/tabletennis/, but a majority of the users there are beginners/casuals. However, you might find someone who happens to have a VR headset.
Or you can go to https://www.reddit.com/r/VRGaming/ and see if anyone there plays ping pong well.

Good luck

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I've heard about this game before. I'm not near to be a pro and I also don't have a VR, so I can't help you, but I wish you the best of luck. A realistic game of TT would be wonderful