[HELP] Blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Hello guys,

I tested today the ZLC, ALC and Xiom Vega pro. I really loved Xiom blade, but the i cant afford it... I want to know, if anyone knows a blade similar to one of this but with lower prices... Any sugestions? (Im using a XVT blade (chinese copy of ZLC, but that´s too bad).

Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
If you really like the Vega Pro, get it. The Timo Boll ALC and ZLC cost 150/ 170€. The Vega Pro can cost about as much (it depends on the shop), but there are reputable shops where you can get it a lot cheaper. Check out tt-japan..

http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5_6&sort=20a&filter_id=18&alpha_filter_id=0

Currently 66.80€! You have to add about 20€ shipping costs and wait for about 7 - 10 days, but you would still end up with a better price than buying either the TB ALC or ZLC in Portugal. You could even throw in two sheets of a decent rubber (for example Stiga Genesis or Mantra (both very underrated rubbers and currently less than 25€ a sheet)... and still and up cheaper than any of the Butterfly blades you mentioned...
If you're only interested in the blade and roughly 87€ (including the shipping from Japan) is still too expensive for you, than unfortunately I wouldn't have any suggestions...

Best Regards
Jimbo

Last edited:
Reactions: langel
TT-Japan is making a good discount for Xiom blades and rubbers right now.
Just now you have a rare opportunity to buy an excellent blade and rubbers at a fantastic price.
I wouid not doubt at all. If you like the Xiom Vega Pro blade, Xiom Omega V Pro rubber is a best choice.
I would recomend Xiom Vega Tour blade + Omega V Asia rubbers. At the moment even this setup is cheaper than BTYs blade only.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Thank you for the suggestions!! unfortunately, the customs' costs for products outside europe are huge in portugal!!
You dont have any other suggestions? A more affodable blade?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
More affordable blade? Sure.

1) Stiga Offensive Classic
2) Stiga Clipper
3) Yasaka Sweden Extra
4) Tibhar Stratus Power Wood

Even less expensive?

1) Yinhe Galaxy 896

However, an ALC blade or a ZLC blade that is as good and less expensive than the price of a Vega Pro blade....well....not sure that you are going to find that.

I say, if you want one of those blades, take your time, save up your money for a little while. And then get exactly the blade you want.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
What about the feel ZX1, SX, or even AX? Not a lot of reviews yet, so you might want to wait a little longer. I guess it also depends on what specifically you prefer about the Vega Pro over the Boll Alc/Zlc.

- Afaik their size is closer to the Vega blades than the Bty (so over 150x157);

-From the construction SX and ZX1 should feel softer than Bty (though even more so than VP.) From the few reviews I’ve seen SX is slower than tbs style blades; with the inner layer composite ZX1 should be slower too. (Still more so than the VP).

-Ax has koto outer, so should feel harder than VP, but the little info out there makes it seem faster than the ZX1 and SX. So it might sit in a good spot for you.

(I’m mentioning these based on what I’ve read, I can’t personally recommend them.)