Dimitrij Ovtcharov The New World Number 1!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
This discussion about the future of Table Tennis is wonderful. Is there some way to separate it out of the thread on Dima, which is related, but quite different?

Sure, but no need to. We got into this because Dima #1 -> because new system -> probably because sponsors -> maybe Frank Ji.
But this is it. I don't think we'll continue this side topic. J.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
I don't think Ji has that much influence on ITTF's policy making. The first edition of the new ranking systemwas made at least a year ago. So it must had been planned for a while.
This year we see new leagues like T2 and India's Ultimate TT. Japan plans a new league with high prize next year. I think TT market is growing gradually. Hopefully players can earn more from these leagues. But ITTF still needs to find ways to increase prize money for World Tour to help players make ends meet.

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
I don't think Ji has that much influence on ITTF's policy making. The first edition of the new ranking systemwas made at least a year ago. So it must had been planned for a while.
This year we see new leagues like T2 and India's Ultimate TT. Japan plans a new league with high prize next year. I think TT market is growing gradually. Hopefully players can earn more from these leagues. But ITTF still needs to find ways to increase prize money for World Tour to help players make ends meet.

you give good infos ... bravo good girl

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I thought the indian league was good
T2 was too long (says a player that played in it)
Again these are signs that domestic competition is more welcomed over international

I guess WTTC/WTTTC and OG are the main events.
We saw what happened to WC with CNT pulling out last year
and we all saw how the world top 100 sees the world tour (majority play in less than half of them)