Ovtcharov an FZD not shaking hands

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
in the game vs Xu Xin, Fan was going to shake the same umpire's hand, and she denied!!

What to say? disgusting...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Not disgusting at all. We all have our own beliefs and she shows courtesy according to those beliefs.

You should accept that people are different and that's just wonderful.

in the game vs Xu Xin, Fan was going to shake the same umpire's hand, and she denied!!

What to say? disgusting...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Accept? Why dont they accept that THE MOST shake hands? well this isnt the right place to discuss religion or politics or even politicaly correctness...but well, feel free for respecting them, I dont.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
pointless topic. it is what it is. who cares about umpires and the title is totally misleading.

I care about umpires and try to respect them. But shaking hands after the match is merely a "robotic" reaction. Most players, particularly after an intense match, are still too pumped up in the seconds right after the last ball. So when FZD realized his "mistake", he simply bowed a little bit (I've seen that kind of situation quite often within the last few years). That being said, I do not think that it is a big deal if that happens, neither for the players nor for the female muslim umpires...
I believe that the proper way to thank/ greet a muslim woman is by placing your hand on your heart, but anyway, it is indeed a pointless debate and I hope that Carl will delete this thread before it gets too political and/ or racist...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Accept? Why dont they accept that THE MOST shake hands? well this isnt the right place to discuss religion or politics or even politicaly correctness...but well, feel free for respecting them, I dont.
most of the world = China + India. Would you accept what's normal over there? Yeah, don't think so.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
God damn, Atas, do you even understand that we are talking about international etiquette, protocol or polite behavior?

What ever chinese, indians, russians and portuguese do in their countries, is their matter, I know you understand this.

says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
pls do not argue about this, we play table tennis, just enjoy watching the game .

Sep 2016
do not let this little thing destroy our table tennis manner.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Nonsense. If this is an issue for you then it's only your problem. Don't try to make this into something it's not.

God damn, Atas, do you even understand that we are talking about international etiquette, protocol or polite behavior?

What ever chinese, indians, russians and portuguese do in their countries, is their matter, I know you understand this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
I care about umpires and try to respect them. But shaking hands after the match is merely a "robotic" reaction. Most players, particularly after an intense match, are still too pumped up in the seconds right after the last ball. So when FZD realized his "mistake", he simply bowed a little bit (I've seen that kind of situation quite often within the last few years). That being said, I do not think that it is a big deal if that happens, neither for the players nor for the female muslim umpires...
I believe that the proper way to thank/ greet a muslim woman is by placing your hand on your heart, but anyway, it is indeed a pointless debate and I hope that Carl will delete this thread before it gets too political and/ or racist...

thanks for the info! didmt know the culture about muslims. unlike you I was bored to analyse why its pointless. cheers

Reactions: Jimbob MacInbred
says I've got WhatsApp and Facebook if that's ok with you.
says I've got WhatsApp and Facebook if that's ok with you.
Sep 2017
Muslim men are allowed to shake hands with other men, not women vice versa. Unless they are related. If there's no blood ties than it's off limits. Normally with the opposite sex they just bow instead. That's rather the standard custom.

Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Omg
In today's 21st century society, it is an international community.
There is 1 word called respect

Now it doesn't matter if there is a majority or minority, you would still respect each other
If you don't want to respect other cultures, then so be it.

When I played, or coach, I do the same thing - just give a gentle bow
heck, it doesn't need to be Muslim, even Japanese girls will bow to me - I just bow back

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Nonsense. If this is an issue for you then it's only your problem. Don't try to make this into something it's not.

Obviously this user has grown up isolated from the world
Imagine one complains that the female player is wearing long pants/top or wearing a hijab
or this user bring his wife/girlfriend/daughter/sister to Saudi and wears a bikini and then wonders why his international etiquette doesn't work

International etiquette is firstly defined as showing respect to someone else
I guess we can't speak on the same tune with someone who doesn't care what Chinese, Indians, Russians and Portuguese do in they own country, as simply I believe in do as the Romans do - that to me is the basis on International Etiquette