Any suggestion for a >$50 budget blade ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Universities there typically have a club. Where do you play in the meantime? Regardless, I would stick to Carl's advice.
We have it one club for table tennis. But the schedule is not fixed and the club members are mostly beginner. I do follow table tennis sport classes either everyweek and I just fit to play with the teacher.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
What made you say Donic or Nittaku?

I honestly think you are shooting in the dark. Go to a club. Get a bunch of people to let you try their setups. Ask a good player to recommend some things that may suit your level.

Usually people just trying to figure out equipment go pretty wrong because the TT companies provide specs that are deceptive and don’t mean much.

The Appelgren Allplay is something that a pretty high level player could use and play well and aggressively with despite the specs listed.

But the general tendency if for newer players, getting their first setup where they are buying rubbers and blade separately, usually get setups that are too fast and too spin sensitive.

Based on a few things you said, I am guessing an All+ to Off- all wood blade should be good for you.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Hye ....

Yes, I agree with your opinion 100%. We asked and try to setup in advance. But, the important thing is we need to know the style of our game. And never we hear and continue to agree to ... it was a mistake that we have to avoid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Would you mind giving me the pics of blade that u refer to ?

20171102_211916.jpg

Last edited:
says I've got WhatsApp and Facebook if that's ok with you.
says I've got WhatsApp and Facebook if that's ok with you.
Sep 2017
Get something all wood since you're kinda starting out.

Donic Appelgren Allplay
Donic Appelgren Allplay Senso V1

Stiga Allround Classic
Stiga Offensive Classic
Stiga Allround NCT

Yasaka Extra
Yasaka Extra 3D

They are all around 30 to 60 bucks.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
just want to point out that > USD 50 blade is actually an expensive blade, You can get most Donic at < USD 50 and almost all Yinhe at < USD 25.

;)
Nittaku or Donic ?
just want to point out that > USD 50 blade is actually an expensive blade, You can get most Donic at < USD 50 and almost all Yinhe at < USD 25.

;)

Sent from my I7D using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Stiga clipper cr or DHS FangBo carbon

I don't think these are good blades for someone who has never had a real racket before.

These are excellent for someone who has been training with a coach for a decent amount of time and has achieved an adequate level already. But not for a complete beginner who has likely only played with recreational rackets that are slow with rubbers that don't really grab the ball.

I don't think these are good blades for someone who has never had a real racket before.

These are excellent for someone who has been training with a coach for a decent amount of time and has achieved an adequate level already. But not for a complete beginner who has likely only played with recreational rackets that are slow with rubbers that don't really grab the ball.

I guess I failed to see why beginners cannot develop good techniques with pro racket. I am a beginner, and went through to use a Yinghe, Petr Kobel, DHS PG7, and until I got Hurricane Long V. I found myself playing much better with better equipment, maybe using the good equipment motivates me, or maybe it is just the good faith, who knows. lol...I may learn my lessons along the way, but I am enjoying it very much so far, fiddling the equipments is part of the TT fun for me too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
How long have you been using that blade ? Is it durable and the performance remained steady ?

It's as durable as all the blades are. I didn't put much effort to hit it into the table, so it is in one peace as it was the day I purchased :) . I have it for some year and a half I suppose.. I changed my rubbers maybe 4 (or 5 times on my backhand) during that period, no problems there, the outer layers didn't lift or splinter (I have never used any varnish for that). The edges where the handle meets the blade were a little bit too sharp, but that's not a 150USD blade, so some sand paper solves the problem :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I guess I failed to see why beginners cannot develop good techniques with pro racket. I am a beginner, and went through to use a Yinghe, Petr Kobel, DHS PG7, and until I got Hurricane Long V. I found myself playing much better with better equipment, maybe using the good equipment motivates me, or maybe it is just the good faith, who knows. lol...I may learn my lessons along the way, but I am enjoying it very much so far, fiddling the equipments is part of the TT fun for me too.

So, if someone is used to a really slow racket with rubber that feels kind of like bad antispin, and then they get something fast with good, grippy rubber, the ball flies all over the place because they started out using something that was not good.

If someone is a beginner and they have good coaching available, the situation is a little different. The coach can correct the mistakes that someone learning would make.

Without that, what happens to lower level players using equipment that is fast and has carbon which dampens certain vibrations, is their technique forms around hitting flatter and using compromised strokes to put the ball on the table with the fast equipment. So, without a coach, or good players to show you your mistakes, the faster equipment can make you stay worse for longer.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy