How many female members do we have in TTD ??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hello every one . This question always comes in my mind that how many women player or member do we have here . I mostly have seen male members discussion and talk

in the forum . I just know yujuyen the painter as a female member ( and myself ) but no one else . I guess Table tennis is more popular among men rather than women .

but hopefully its developing among women too . lets see ...:eek:

17060978.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hard to find an answer. Many will hesitate to "out" themselves, isn't one of the internets greatness the ability of beeing anonymus, what gives safety and confidence and so on.
But good luck, i wish the best.
TT definetely needs to become more popular and interesting for woman. Unite.

Reactions: BeGo and ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Hi!I have just registered this account several days ago. I am a girl like table tennis and I will play it in my spare time. But I am not a professional player, just a table tennis lover :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hard to find an answer. Many will hesitate to "out" themselves, isn't one of the internets greatness the ability of beeing anonymus, what gives safety and confidence and so on.
But good luck, i wish the best.
TT definetely needs to become more popular and interesting for woman. Unite.

Yes i wish tt becomes more popular among women . Are u a girl yourself??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hi!I have just registered this account several days ago. I am a girl like table tennis and I will play it in my spare time. But I am not a professional player, just a table tennis lover :)

Yesss. Welcome gladxu . Hope you come and participate in discussion more . Its great that u registered here . Good luck

Reactions: BeGo
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yep. NL is correct. Ma Long Family and Friends is actually a group of females who are Ma Long fans.

rainneverever is also a female and she is one of the posters for Ma Long Family and Friends. So she is a Ma Long Fan Girl for sure. Even if she tries to pretend she is unbiased and is just presenting statistics. [emoji2]

That info may help some ZJK fans who she has had some flame wars with understand what is really going on. [emoji2]

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: ping fun and BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
There is one thing I don't understand about this sport. There are many girls playing taking this sport seriously at the junior level: they practice, play tournaments and seems to enjoy it a lot. But there are so few adult women. I have no idea why. Carl, do they all convert to yoga later on? :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
I believe some forum members from Ma Long Family and Friends are ladies as well.

Maybe you're right . Fan girls of zjk and ma long in china are enemies almost :D especially as i found out ma long fan girls are not just try to telling nonesense in chinese sites ( which wasnt succesfull) about zjk but also in non-chinese sites too . @upsidedowncarl . @nextlevel I want to tell u something funny about ma long fans . I myself like malong so much and was wondered how this thing could happen while they were his fan . Ma long's fan found picture of his wife ( in that time his girl friend ) with another man and related to cheating , although found some chat ( dont know how the hell they found it) between ma long 's wife and another guy and tried to informe ma long from this incident .......They didnt stopped ;) this time they aimed their own idol . They found out that malong is dating with two girls in the same time . It means she got two girl friends ..;) ( which nvr can be do ne by ma long the guy we all know well ) they even tried to show the evidence to CNT that malong has got 2 girl friends . Thats what his fans did . Be cause of these things ma long hid his marriage from his fans .

received_176264176444647.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
As a person from China, I want to tell the situation in China.

Firstly, as the national sports, table tennis is fairly popular among all the people in China. Many girls also play table tennis in their free time. And we have Physicsl Classes which teach u how to play tt in the primary school, middle school and university. It is a fact that a number of boys and girls play tt in China. Especially from the 2016 Rio Olympic Games, besides playing tt itself, more girls begin to watch tt games because of the popularity of zhang jike, ma long, Xu Xin, Fan Zhendong, ding ning, liu shiwen and zhu yuling. The tt team created a “tt craze” in China in 2016. What’s more, many girls fall in love with tt after watching many games and begin to play it. All in all, both many men and women play tt in China, but comparatively, more men play it. But as for spectators, there are more women.

Secondly, it is indeed that zhang jike’s fans and ma long’s fans are enemies in China. Because zhang jike and ma long are both excellent and their fans both want to their idol to be the only representative of Chinese men tt team, so they don’t look down upon each other. Objectively speaking, it can’t be denied zhang jike has past his sports peak, but because of his character and his upright behaviours ( he is entirely clear in the sex aspect. But as for ma long, what Ping fun said (in the #9) is indeed true), jike has more fans than ma long in China. This can also be verified in this year’s tt World Championship in Germany. Jike’s fans bought many vacant seats only for posting jike’s banners to support zhang jike, which can’t be seen in ma long’s fans. And jike is invited to participate more entertainment programmes in China.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews

Firstly, as the national sports, table tennis is fairly popular among all the people in China. Many girls also play table tennis in their free time. And we have Physicsl Classes which teach u how to play tt in the primary school, middle school and university. It is a fact that a number of boys and girls play tt in China. Especially from the 2016 Rio Olympic Games, besides playing tt itself, more girls begin to watch tt games because of the popularity of zhang jike, ma long, Xu Xin, Fan Zhendong, ding ning, liu shiwen and zhu yuling. The tt team created a “tt craze” in China in 2016. What’s more, many girls fall in love with tt after watching many games and begin to play it. All in all, both many men and women play tt in China, but comparatively, more men play it. But as for spectators, there are more women.

Secondly, it is indeed that zhang jike’s fans and ma long’s fans are enemies in China. Because zhang jike and ma long are both excellent and their fans both want to their idol to be the only representative of Chinese men tt team, so they don’t look down upon each other. Objectively speaking, it can’t be denied zhang jike has past his sports peak, but because of his character and his upright behaviours ( he is entirely clear in the sex aspect. But as for ma long, what Ping fun said (in the #9) is indeed true), jike has more fans than ma long in China. This can also be verified in this year’s tt World Championship in Germany. Jike’s fans bought many vacant seats only for posting jike’s banners to support zhang jike, which can’t be seen in ma long’s fans. And jike is invited to participate more entertainment programmes in China.

Yes great explanation . Really want more girls to talk here

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
There is one thing I don't understand about this sport. There are many girls playing taking this sport seriously at the junior level: they practice, play tournaments and seems to enjoy it a lot. But there are so few adult women. I have no idea why. Carl, do they all convert to yoga later on? :)

I’ll bite:

[emoji2] When my wife was around, it was a lot easier for me to get out to play TT because she would take care of things at home and take care of our daughter. Now that I am Mr Mom, it is hard for me to get to play. If I do, I am generally faced with the choice: play or get groceries and cook dinner for daughter.

I think, if a woman decides she wants a family and children, that makes it much harder to continue playing consistently.

There are other reasons as well. Like, I am friends with a woman who used to be a pretty high level woman player. 2400+. She is originally from Europe and was on her country’s junior national team.

I remember her describing the competitiveness of a lot of the men she was usually surrounded by, since there are not that many women that level to train with. That was always something that made her struggle with whether she wanted to continue or stop playing so competitively.

But, I think there is this giant gap, for the girls between the few who show both talent and interest and get training and so, become decently high level, and all the rest. I don’t think that is the same for the boys.

And there is another way of looking at this. My daughter did a lot of dance when she was younger. 95+% of the kids in her dance classes were also girls. Why aren’t there more boys in dance?

I mean, it was only when it was way too late for my professional career, and I was too old, that I thought, “it actually might be fun to do dance classes,” even if dance wasn’t what I was actually interested in about those dance classes. [emoji2]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
I remember her describing the competitiveness of a lot of the men she was usually surrounded by, since there are not that many women that level to train with. That was always something that made her struggle with whether she wanted to continue or stop playing so competitively.

I don't quite get what you mean there.

I am not talking about high level players (like 2400), more about average level (like 1500). Of course once you have a family you have less time, but 1) there are many young single women 2) women do exercise a lot, they run, go to gym, do yoga, but don't play TT

95+% of the kids in her dance classes were also girls. Why aren’t there more boys in dance?

Good question.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Speaking about dance, there are stereotypes that "Real men don't dance". Young people are quite susceptible to such things and it should play a role why there are fewer boys in dancing. I wonder if TT's reputation of a "geeky" sport (due to its extreme technicality) plays a similar role.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I observed the same situation in Russia. Lots of juniors of both sexes, but only a few ladies at the amateur tourneys.

I see this in many countries
The ones that stay on past junior level that I know of are mostly coaches (other than the ones I know that are playing world tour)
Players who don't become coaches tend to follow other careers or need to look after family/children
Then very few come back into the fold at Veterans category

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

I don't have the numbers, but I think I can say that fans have increased over the past 10 years, but from my sourced from provincial structures (4 of them), the sports school are getting lesser intakes compared to 10 years ago.

This user has no status.

Ma Long is the boss! :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017

This is so not the case in Europe. It sounds a little bit surreal :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Speaking about dance, there are stereotypes that "Real men don't dance". Young people are quite susceptible to such things and it should play a role why there are fewer boys in dancing. I wonder if TT's reputation of a "geeky" sport (due to its extreme technicality) plays a similar role.

Maybe I will try again.

When my daughter was little, she liked pink hearts, she liked fairy wings and princess gowns. She had dreams of being a dancer. She was not interested in cars, trucks, trains, anything with wheels, and she was not interested in any activities that included a ball or something to hit a ball with.

ALL THIS despite the fact that I was her father and I REALLY tried. She would pretend for me and then I would realize she was pretending because she wanted to make me happy. But she really didn’t like those kinds of things.

She had ONE friend who was a girl who liked sports that included a ball and eye hand coordination. The rest of her friends who were girls, were right in that same category with her on things they liked.

Most of her friends who were boys liked cars, trucks, trains, fire engines, plains, any sport with a ball involved, diving, hitting each other, and pretty much all of them seemed to dread the idea of a dance class. And my wife definitely tried to get some of the boys to the dance classes.

Every once in a while there was a boy who liked the girly stuff just like, once in a while, there was a girl who liked the sporty boy stuff.

It seemed coded into the DNA. And I am talking about before they were old enough to have had someone really implant those kinds of ideas into their head. Like when my daughter was 18 months old, her and her friends were like that.

I know, for sure, when I was a kid, I spent all day daydreaming about baseball, football, any activity that had to do with me hitting a ball or trying to catch or throw the ball.

Since my business gets me to see how men and women exercise: I see 90+% of the group fitness class attendance—whether yoga or any other kind of GROUP fitness class—is WOMEN, and the men workout in the weight and lifting areas.

The aerobic machines, like treadmill, stair master, elliptical machine, stationary bike etc, are used 65%-35% women to men. But the women stay on them longer and the men do them, get the aerobics out of the way and go pump iron ALONE or with 1 or 2 workout partners. But mostly alone.

The goals of women and men in their workouts are very different. But what they are interested in and how they workout are very-very-very different.

Again, why are 95-98% of my yoga clients women? I doubt it is because they think I’m hot! [emoji2]

Why were there so few boys in my daughter’s dance classes?

Why are there so few girls who really want to play American FOOTBALL?

[emoji2]

I think there are reasons. I am happy that TT has its fair share of women players who love playing the sport, or game....or whatever it is.