How many female members do we have in TTD ??

hm.... Hi Carl, am I reading into this too much, are you insinuating on something? Since I am the one made the privacy comment, was your remark about cutting each other some slack and using the anonymity to manipulate information or people directing at me? Or it was a general saying about some behaviours you observed in the forum or on Internet? If it was directing at me, I would appreciate some open communications to clear things up, maybe you can let me know your perspectives, and I believe it would help me to engage myself in the forum in the future.

Regarding the privacy on a public forum only goes so far, I agree with you. My comment about privacy was from the perspective that we should respect each other, not from a point that we should hide from each other. Even though I just started to involve in the forum, but I already know it is kind of a tightly knit small community. Looks like people from forums know each other well, for example from the Chit Chat thread I know you knew someone who was playing at New York, and at that moment I was thinking that we are both at the east coast, there is might opportunity to bump each other one day. Haha. After all, table tennis is a small world.

This is my second day on the forum, I think people already know I am a female, and from Toronto, and played TT for about a year now. Friday night is my table tennis night, I was going to introduce myself at Chit Chat by telling people about my table tennis day when I saw your message. I believe with time, people would know more about me. Honestly, it was a bit disconcerting for me to read the message at the first, maybe it was just me reading into it too much, if it is, I would blame the female hormones. haha

As a Canadian-Chinese immigrant, even though I can speak English fluently as my second language, but I know I will never be as good as a native speaker, so please cut me some slacks if I didn't express myself clearly.:cool:

Thanks and good night.

Something you have to realize is that this forum is written in English and some of you are writing in English and doing a great job of writing and expressing yourselves in a language you are not accustomed to speaking and writing in.
So please, cut each other some slack for how they try and express complex ideas in English.

Also, Internet Anonymity is something that is duel edged. There are times when it is okay for someone to keep their identity private. But there are people who use this in ways to manipulate information or even to manipulate people. At a certain point when someone is very vocal, presents a lot of information, and tries to pretend they are neutral on a subject but are not, there are times when revealing some of that stuff helps people understand certain things more clearly.

And clearly some of the biggest scams in internet history have been perpetuated by people who were pretending to be one thing when they were really something else. So a right to privacy on a public forum only goes so far.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
hm.... Hi Carl, am I reading into this too much, are you insinuating on something? Since I am the one made the privacy comment, was your remark about cutting each other some slack and using the anonymity to manipulate information or people directing at me? Or it was a general saying about some behaviours you observed in the forum or on Internet? If it was directing at me, I would appreciate some open communications to clear things up, maybe you can let me know your perspectives, and I believe it would help me to engage myself in the forum in the future.

Regarding the privacy on a public forum only goes so far, I agree with you. My comment about privacy was from the perspective that we should respect each other, not from a point that we should hide from each other. Even though I just started to involve in the forum, but I already know it is kind of a tightly knit small community. Looks like people from forums know each other well, for example from the Chit Chat thread I know you knew someone who was playing at New York, and at that moment I was thinking that we are both at the east coast, there is might opportunity to bump each other one day. Haha. After all, table tennis is a small world.

This is my second day on the forum, I think people already know I am a female, and from Toronto, and played TT for about a year now. Friday night is my table tennis night, I was going to introduce myself at Chit Chat by telling people about my table tennis day when I saw your message. I believe with time, people would know more about me. Honestly, it was a bit disconcerting for me to read the message at the first, maybe it was just me reading into it too much, if it is, I would blame the female hormones. haha

As a Canadian-Chinese immigrant, even though I can speak English fluently as my second language, but I know I will never be as good as a native speaker, so please cut me some slacks if I didn't express myself clearly.:cool:

Thanks and good night.

No, he wasn't referring to you. And don't worry, we like new members of all kinds (except the ones that come to cause trouble and you clearly aren't one if you are trying to meet other members on the forum in person - the trouble makers don't do that). It's the old members that don't let go of the past :D.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Something you have to realize is that this forum is written in English and some of you are writing in English and doing a great job of writing and expressing yourselves in a language you are not accustomed to speaking and writing in.

So please, cut each other some slack for how they try and express complex ideas in English.

Also, Internet Anonymity is something that is duel edged. There are times when it is okay for someone to keep their identity private. But there are people who use this in ways to manipulate information or even to manipulate people. At a certain point when someone is very vocal, presents a lot of information, and tries to pretend they are neutral on a subject but are not, there are times when revealing some of that stuff helps people understand certain things more clearly.

And clearly some of the biggest scams in internet history have been perpetuated by people who were pretending to be one thing when they were really something else. So a right to privacy on a public forum only goes so far.

This is what i meant too . Thanks for making it more clear

No, he wasn't referring to you. And don't worry, we like new members of all kinds (except the ones that come to cause trouble and you clearly aren't one if you are trying to meet other members on the forum in person - the trouble makers don't do that). It's the old members that don't let go of the past :D.

Thanks NextLevel. Saw the video of you playing, nice forehand! GPS FH;)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Yep. Thanks. NextLevel explained it clearly.