Nittaku Ma Long Carbon

This user has no status.
Hi, im very interested and curious about this blade but unfortunately it is not easy to find information about it.
Currently im playing with the Fang Bo Carbon and i like it alot. When i found out that DHS reduced the head size of the Long V to 157x150 to better fit the marketing Model and reach wider interests that was the moment when the old EJ Virus infected me again (you know what i mean).
What i was asking myself was the question how my blade or any blade with the construction of the FB2/Long V or at least inner composite fiber would play, how it would feel, if the blade head was 162x152 mm or similar?
in the nittaku catalog their Ma Long Carbon has exactly this size, along with approx. 92g of weight what i like too.
i digged deeper to find out about the plies.
I messaged tt11 and they said unfortunately nittaku is not talking about compositions much.
in another forum i read it has Koto-Ayous-GlassCarbon-AyousCore-GlassCarbon-Ayous-Koto, what would make it similar to the DHS Hurricane King 3 but not the same, King 3 has spruce as a second ply.
Currently that is all i have as information. If someone, anyone who could give feedback about how the Ma Long Carbon plays and performs this would be just great.
Thank you for reading so far, have a nice day.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
Please let us know what you think! Especially in terms of larger head size. And compare it to FB2 also.

I will write a detailed review with different rubbers and add it to the equipment section but it will need a few weeks to arrive. Ordered it just yesterday.

This user has no status.
Did you buy it with a large handle?

No, i ordered the normal handle version. Currently i am used to the fang bo 2 handle and have no problems with it,i think it will fit just fine. i will compare the two handles with each other, if you like, since the fang bo blades are quite popular, people could easier imagine the dimensions.

Do you want to hear the truth?

Nittaku Ma Long Carbon = DHS Hurricane King 3

DHS has a pile of king 3 which has been stocked too long. They remove the print, reprinted as nittaku ma long carbon, switch the handle, put it on market as ma long carbon.

King 3 does not have spruce. check this pictures
2012042452369577.jpg

Reactions: Lee91
This user has no status.
image.jpg I already added a Review so here are some pictures. @RidTheKid the comparison between the handles of the NMLC and the Fang Bo2. Keep in mind that there is a LG version of the NMLC (Larger Grip). The pictures showing the non LG version. image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
At the end of the handles the difference becomes smaller to 2mm.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
Do you want to hear the truth?

Nittaku Ma Long Carbon = DHS Hurricane King 3

DHS has a pile of king 3 which has been stocked too long. They remove the print, reprinted as nittaku ma long carbon, switch the handle, put it on market as ma long carbon.

King 3 does not have spruce. check this pictures
View attachment 15045

If that is true that's crazy.....

This user has no status.
View attachment 15433 I already added a Review so here are some pictures. @RidTheKid the comparison between the handles of the NMLC and the Fang Bo2. Keep in mind that there is a LG version of the NMLC (Larger Grip). The pictures showing the non LG version. View attachment 15434
View attachment 15435
View attachment 15436
At the end of the handles the difference becomes smaller to 2mm.

Wow, that's interesting. I Didn't even know that nittaku made a blade like this. Where did you get it from? A regular site or from a private dealer?

This user has no status.
image.jpgYeah, i got it from presports but TT-Japan also have it tt11 too. Comes in the standard nittaku box.

Composition is the same als DHS Hurricane King 3. Look is different as you can see and there is a larger FL handle version called LG.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 864
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
who played with this blade, could help me to compare with innerlayer alc of butterfly? tks