AntiSpin Rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Hi, what should I do if my opponents balls empty speeding at BH , in this situation, the ball always come off.

What should I do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi, what should I do if my opponents balls empty speeding at BH , in this situation, the ball always come off.

What should I do

Can you explain the situation a little bit differently. I am not sure what you are trying to describe.

Do you have AntiSpin? Or is it your opponent?

"opponents balls empty speeding at BH," What does this mean? Is it that the opponent sends a fast ball with no spin at your BH?

"in this situation, the balls always come off." Does this mean when you are fast with a fast ball with no spin you cannot return it on the table?

Or did you mean something else?

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Assuming OP has anti on his BH, and assuming that what OP is asking is what to do with that anti when confronted with a (very) fast, no-spin ball — a smash or an aggressive counter — options vary. This, I think, actually describes a very useful strategy to deal with anti, and turn the limits it has to your advantage if you encounter someone using it.

• You're toast if your level isn't high enough to anticipate/react in time and smartly. If you are, you have options.
  • You can block it very passively, creating a very short, very slow low-backspin ball that just clears the net and then drops dead. This change of rhythm can be very disturbing for your opponent.
  • You can block it very actively, creating a fast low-to-no arc no-spin/low-backspin ball that tightly clears the net, brushes the table lightly close to the back edge and then sails on, losing pace and dropping suddenly. Your opponent needs to be ready to spin that ball but given the pace of it has very little time to get into position immediately after that fast-paced, committed prior shot.
  • If your opponent has a low level or is very unfamiliar with anti, you may get away with a weak response. Otherwise, toast it is.
  • If you can't do either and execute a "meh" block, take shelter. Heavy incoming expected.
  • If you have defensive reflexes and chop it, brace for the kill. Maybe you'll catch the next rocket too, but that might be wishful thinking.

That's just what I make of the question, tentatively. I guess USDCarl suspected as much too.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Can you explain the situation a little bit differently. I am not sure what you are trying to describe.

"opponents balls empty speeding at BH," What does this mean? Is it that the opponent sends a fast ball with no spin at your BH?

"in this situation, the balls always come off." Does this mean when you are fast with a fast ball with no spin you cannot return it on the table?

I use abti spin at my BH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017

Yes , im anti spin

I always get a fast ball with no spin or floating ball to my bh ..

In that situation, i cannot return it on the table .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
My opponent uses antispin on BH in this video. Try doing what he does.

I am not impressed.

I saw a video a long time ago where a LP player was demonstrating what I call 'soft hands'. He was pulling his paddle back towards him to absorb the impact and make a short block. When the opponent is going to blast a ball to your back hand there is an urge to simply put the paddle in front of the ball or even hit the ball. This is wrong. You need to 'catch' the ball like a catcher catches a base ball. The catcher starts moving the glove backward before impact. This is what a LP or Anti player must do or the ball will bounce long instead of short.

I would look for old Amelie Solja videos on YouTube. Solja seems to steer the ball with her anti and MP unless she is attacking.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
I am not impressed.

I saw a video a long time ago where a LP player was demonstrating what I call 'soft hands'. He was pulling his paddle back towards him to absorb the impact and make a short block. When the opponent is going to blast a ball to your back hand there is an urge to simply put the paddle in front of the ball or even hit the ball. This is wrong. You need to 'catch' the ball like a catcher catches a base ball. The catcher starts moving the glove backward before impact. This is what a LP or Anti player must do or the ball will bounce long instead of short.

I would look for old Amelie Solja videos on YouTube. Solja seems to steer the ball with her anti and MP unless she is attacking.

Many times you don't even need to pull back, especially with anti and dampening sponge. All you have to do is lessen the grip pressure. Hold the blade so loosely where it's about to fall out of your hand and the ball goes back very, very short! What the OP is worried about is when facing no spin balls. Grip pressure doesn't really help there, because there is no spin for the anti to work with. I think what you need to do is either play it short and to an angle, or learn how to attack through the ball with the anti. The key there is not to overhit, just use a bit of forward swing through action and a bit of upward brush-hitting.

Reactions: Arif panamera
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Many times you don't even need to pull back, especially with anti and dampening sponge. All you have to do is lessen the grip pressure. Hold the blade so loosely where it's about to fall out of your hand and the ball goes back very, very short! What the OP is worried about is when facing no spin balls. Grip pressure doesn't really help there, because there is no spin for the anti to work with. I think what you need to do is either play it short and to an angle, or learn how to attack through the ball with the anti. The key there is not to overhit, just use a bit of forward swing through action and a bit of upward brush-hitting.

It’s work ... it’s really work ... wow amazing ... i can control the loop .. top spin .. side spin ... yes yes yes thank very much ...

My setup is :

Blade is costum made by PUGA
Fh : Xiom Vega Pro
Bh : Diabolic 1.0mm