New Kim Jung Hoon Blade, Lighter weight????

I bought a Nexy/Tibhar Kim Jung Hoon blade and was surprised that teh weight is only 85.75 grams. Compared to the first batch of KJH about 3 years ago which was about 93-95 grams, the new one is lighter. I am glad it is lighter but the blade seems to feel softer and has less power comapred to the older ones. I like it softer because I placed a boosted H3 on it with Omega VII Pro.. To those who have bought a new KJH blade, what is your blade's weight? Also, They placed the "Made in ChinA" mark on the blade now.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
.. To those who have bought a new KJH blade, what is your blade's weight? Also, They placed the "Made in ChinA" mark on the blade now.

Mine is also 86 grams and has the "Made in China" mark on the blade. Overall quality seems pretty good, very comfortable handle, but unfortunately I cannot compare it to one from the first batch.
Just out of curiosity: Do you happen to have a heavier one from the first batch (unused or barely used) for sale?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I sold my kjh before because it was too heavy for me. I can say the power has been reduced by a small fraction.

OK, thanks anyway. Got mine from bogey a few weeks ago. I asked for a heavier one and had hoped for a 90+ one and was a little surprised to get one with only 86 grams. I'm still somewhat undecided on which rubbers to use. Either Vega Pro on both sides (or Genesis M on both sides or Mizuno Q3 on fh and Mantra M on bh). Any suggestions?

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
OK, thanks anyway. Got mine from bogey a few weeks ago. I asked for a heavier one and had hoped for a 90+ one and was a little surprised to get one with only 86 grams. I'm still somewhat undecided on which rubbers to use. Either Vega Pro on both sides (or Genesis M on both sides or Mizuno Q3 on fh and Mantra M on bh). Any suggestions?

This is a snippet from tak9.com ... they own the Nexy brand. It shows the available options for the blade. That will show the range. I ALWAYS ask for the heaviest available. As you see, only 86 gram is remaining, and that is it. This is the short 2nd production run. The first production run, I had a 86 gram that turned out to be solid throat hollow handles slightly. That is the blade in the infamous KJH Beast Mod thread. A Canadian customer bought a KJH from our shop and asked me to do beast mod. This was an 88 gram model. It ended up being solid in both throat and handles.

As for rubbers, a wide range will work. A friend of mine tried Karis H (Hard sponged fast version of karis) and was impressively good. I usually go for medium sponge.

Don't sweat the rubbers too much, slap on rubbers that you like and know and you be at home quickly all gemütlich as late December in Christkindlesmarkt, Nuremberg... ah the times !!

KJH Stock 1.JPG

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
This is a snippet from tak9.com ... they own the Nexy brand. It shows the available options for the blade. That will show the range. I ALWAYS ask for the heaviest available. As you see, only 86 gram is remaining, and that is it. This is the short 2nd production run. The first production run, I had a 86 gram that turned out to be solid throat hollow handles slightly. That is the blade in the infamous KJH Beast Mod thread. A Canadian customer bought a KJH from our shop and asked me to do beast mod. This was an 88 gram model. It ended up being solid in both throat and handles.

As for rubbers, a wide range will work. A friend of mine tried Karis H (Hard sponged fast version of karis) and was impressively good. I usually go for medium sponge.

Don't sweat the rubbers too much, slap on rubbers that you like and know and you be at home quickly all gemütlich as late December in Christkindlesmarkt, Nuremberg... ah the times !!

Hey there, alter Hesse! Merry X-mas!
Yeah, I guess 86 gr will work out just fine. As for the rubbers: Will probably try out Vega Pro on fh and Mantra on bh first, just as Yogi suggested, although I am also curious to find out how the Q3 performs. I try to avoid EJing around too much in the upcoming weeks since a rather big tournament is coming up in March...

You sound a bit like as if you are homesick (...or just sick?). No, seriously: Get well soon, so you can cause trouble in Cali AGAIN :D

Last edited:
Yup memory is faulty. The other kjh i have tried are all 90+ aside from my original blade. Although at that time even weighing it at a kitchen weighing scale when i swing it after a few weeks it did feel heavy.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Yup memory is faulty. The other kjh i have tried are all 90+ aside from my original blade. Although at that time even weighing it at a kitchen weighing scale when i swing it after a few weeks it did feel heavy.

IT's an oversized head blade - kinda similar to Korbel. I learned that gluing rubbers on it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I expect to be able to drink coffee by Friday, coffee is no good for you when you got virus... some Käsekuchen und Kaffe will go down right good then...

You eat ur Lebkuchen this season?

I did. But not that much. Instead I ate a lot of curd cheese balls (Quarkbällchen) at our local Christkindlmarkt (yummy, yummy). And just like you I am a big fan of Käsekuchen. JEEEEZ, now I know why I have to hit the gym next year....;)
Enjoy your Kaffee und Käsekuchen with wifey...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Do you know if they will have a 3rd production run soon?

According to what I have been told, no! There won't be a 3rd run. Kim Jung Hoon is unfortunately no longer sponsored by Tibhar. He is now with Andro. So, perhaps this is a licensing issue or something like that. The unofficial successor of the KJH seems to be the recently released "Arche". Similar construction overall, but different top plies. KJH has white ash on fh and bh, while the Arche has white ash and ? ...well... something else (mango tree?).

Aside from tak9.com you could check out
nexyttstore.com or nexy.com

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I did. But not that much. Instead I ate a lot of curd cheese balls (Quarkbällchen) at our local Christkindlmarkt (yummy, yummy). And just like you I am a big fan of Käsekuchen. JEEEEZ, now I know why I have to hit the gym next year....;)
Enjoy your Kaffee und Käsekuchen with wifey...

I usually buy one of those HUGE tins (think 3 kg size) of Lebkuchen from Schmidt every holiday season. That was nice when they were $50- $60 USD, but now they top 100 USD. They came with maybe 12 different packs of Lebkuchen, wife bought the stuff so she could see nice depictions of Nuremburg old fashioned and keep old photos or whatever inside. That is one nice city, but hot damn, if you do not know the street downtown, you will be lost in a hurry running in circles.

As for a 3rd production run... highly unlikely... but what the heck, I thought they wouldn't do a second run.