Troublemaking at the 2017 US Open

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
william.jpg
Just misbehaving at the 2017 US Open and bumped into a fellow troublemaker :p

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
MaTT, a true class Trouble Maker.

Matt prolly met 10x the gents and gals I did at US Open, and I made it a point to strike up a talk with about anything that moved during the 4 days I was there.

I think my sweat dried on my wild hair was stronger than spray starch.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
MaTT, a true class Trouble Maker.

Matt prolly met 10x the gents and gals I did at US Open, and I made it a point to strike up a talk with about anything that moved during the 4 days I was there.

I think my sweat dried on my wild hair was stronger than spray starch.

I know Matt. So the other guy is you?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
But you have a World Tour event next year - right?
Btw, who were those Japanese guys playing the final?

Asia is relatively closer to the West coast of the USA so some Japanese players fly in for the US Open every year. The Japanese players are ranked players who play for clubs in Japan usually and are sent over by corporate sponsors. Some of them are up and coming or just long time high level players who may or may not make it to the higher levels of Japanese national team (for context, Jin Ueda won this tournament a few years back and Kenji Matsudaira has come as well).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
But you have a World Tour event next year - right?
Btw, who were those Japanese guys playing the final?

US Open (not an world tour event) has always been very good to attract pro players.
CNT members/former members, Chinese Taipei, Korean national team, Japanese national team etc

I think US Open is one of the best (if not the only one) participated by high level players "non world tour" tournament in the world.

And secondly, it is a crazy big tournament with tons of table and playing space - possibly the biggest "big scale" tournament on the planet

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
And secondly, it is a crazy big tournament with tons of table and playing space - possibly the biggest "big scale" tournament on the planet

If there's so much space, maybe the tournament could transformed in a way, to allow everybody to participate. You could have "The" biggest event in the world : ) Just checked, no World Tour in 2018. There is PTT US Open and I can't really decipher it. Anyway I'll keep my fingers crossed for those big events the USATT is bidding for.

There were some familiar names in the draw for me too, specially in the men's draw. Tomislav Pucar, Eloi Damien (still in form) and of course Lucjan Błaszczyk. Btw how come Lucjan has so many points in your ranking? Does he participate often in the US tournaments or these points are just for the Open?

Zhang Lily is still leading, although she didn't win. I remember her giving a hard time to Li Xiaoxia during Olympics ... it was exciting to watch. [Edit] Gosh it was Ariel ... of course. She wasn't in the draw, is she still playing?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
You make it sound like that they don't allow everybody to participate
You do know it is an Open event, meaning any one is free to participate......

Oh really, I thought it was based on ranking and limited like those WT events. Good to know.

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder