Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Korbel
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar Evolution MX-P
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Evolution MX-P

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 44 Times in 39 Posts

DHS Hurricane 3 neo lack speed?

Hi to all, I'm starting to play seriously with a coach since October twice a week, I've met the TT the last year so I'm not a lot experienced, my setup is a Petr Korbel FL euro 89g, hurricane 3 neo black max, tibhar mx-p red max, my strokes are relatively good but not perfect, I'm learning to brush the ball to get spin, the issue is that I feel a lack of speed, by the way I'm not hitting without spin because will be a slower speed with the h3n, do you know may be could be because the blade is 5 ply wood without carbon? Or the rubber is too sticky? Or may be I'm not hitting correctly? (With the mx-p don't have problems because when I know that I've shot wrongly I know it's my fault).
      Thanks in advance for share your wisdom

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

2. Top | #2
      says all about Chinese equip

Established TTD Member Country: China
      Equipment:
      Blade DHS W968
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National (Orange Sponge)
      Backhand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National (Orange Sponge)

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 140 Times in 75 Posts
      Don't know how is your shot technique, so I will write purely on equipment.

1 You need more power if you use H3. And the ceiling for H3 is higher. That is to say, lets comparing H3 with mx-p.
      mx-p: you use 30% power you get 50% speed. 50% power and get 70% speed. but 100% power you get 90% speed. 120% power get 100% speed.
      H3: 30% power 30% speed, 50% power 50% speed. 100% power 100% speed. 120% power - 120% speed.
      (don't think too much about the numbers, this is just an indication)

This is the characteristics of tacky and non-tacky rubbers. for small - medium power, non-tacky rubbers get more speed, but has ceilings. H3 is more linear with higher ceilings.

2 same with Korbel. 5 ply wood is slow when using 40+ balls. you really need power + power + power to get more speed.

3 If you really want to try H3, Provincial H3 neo is better than H3 neo. H3 neo is really hard to play.

Solution?
      1 change to some 7ply or fiber blade. 7ply suits H3, some butterfly ALC &ZLF blade suits H3. Stiga Carbon blade is fine. ZLC don't suits H3 really well.

2 Provincial H3 neo + seamoon booster.

3. The Following 5 Users Like G_ZHANG's Post:

dominus7 (01-03-2018),Fabian (05-03-2018),Suga D (02-17-2018),thomas.pong (01-01-2018),Xanderngzien (03-12-2018)

4. Top | #3
      says ┌П┐(°_°)┌П┐

Advanced TTD Member Country: Germany

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Tiago Apolonia ZLC
      Forehand Rubber Joola Rhyzer Pro 50
      Backhand Rubber Joola Rhyzer Pro 50

Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 600 Times in 255 Posts
      1. Your setup is able to generate a lot of speed. Definitely enough for a beginner.
      2. If you have a coach, you should ask him where the problem is and that you would like to be able to generate more speed. He is able to help you much more than we are.
      3. Generally, when it comes to lack of spin and / or speed the problem is nearly always the player's technique and not the equipment, especially at a beginner level.

5. The Following 5 Users Like Xylit's Post:

dominus7 (12-30-2017),RidTheKid (12-30-2017),suds79 (01-02-2018),Suga D (12-30-2017),thomas.pong (01-01-2018)

6. Top | #4
      says SPIN: Too Much Is Never
      Enough!

Equipment Expert
      Super Moderator Country: United States
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Virtuoso +
      Forehand Rubber BH:Red F-XP
      Backhand Rubber FH:Black M-XP

Reviews
      Read 11 Reviews
      Liked 12,814 Times in 6,097 Posts
      dominus, the last time you were talking about equipment and EJing on the forum, your videos showed that you were at a very beginner level and that your equipment was too fast for you; that you were missing shots and did not have much control because the ball was flying off your racket.

My guess is that, with the H3, you don't have the precision to brush the ball consistently. If you did, that rubber can be pretty fast. But if you are impacting flat, it is pretty slow.

Why don't you post some recent footage of you with your coach and some recent footage of match play. I actually doubt that, a racket that just a few months ago was definitely too fast for you is now, somehow, too slow for you. But you may not have precise enough contact or good enough technique to use H3 effectively. But I don't think anyone can say anything that is accurate without footage of what you are doing at this point in your development.
      Spin Everything.

7. The Following 2 Users Like UpSideDownCarl's Post:

dominus7 (12-30-2017),Suga D (06-08-2018)

8. Top | #5
      This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member Country: Brazil
      Equipment:
      Blade DHS Power G7

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 193 Times in 110 Posts
      I've switched from mx-p to h3 neo but I boost my rubber with haifu seamoon.

Without booster I've never changed because it's totally different, I didn't like the feeling and lack of catapult.

But if you're a beginner it's better to have a slow setup to develop speed and spin with the correct stroke mechanics. When you need more power/speed boost a single layer of haifu seamoon and it will be perfect.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

9. The Following 3 Users Like yuri.saldon's Post:

dominus7 (12-30-2017),thomas.pong (01-01-2018),UpSideDownCarl (12-30-2017)

10. Top | #6
      says Boomshakalak! wine your body!

Master TTD Member Country: Europe
      Equipment:
      Blade Nittaku Killton
      Forehand Rubber BH BTY Tenergy05
      Backhand Rubber FH DHS Hurricane 3 Neo

Reviews
      Read 5 Reviews
      Liked 3,511 Times in 1,800 Posts
      I agree with Carl,
      without Video it's impossible to give proper advice, but most likely this here seems to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by dominus7 View Post
      Or may be I'm not hitting correctly?
      To me H3N feels NOT slow. It might be feeling slower if you just loop with your arm, but as soon as you start using your body more, especially your hips, it feels pretty fast.
      So as said above, better ask your coach about this issue and ask him to show you how to use your body during strokes or post some new footage of you.
      Last edited by Suga D; 12-30-2017 at 04:39 PM.

11. The Following User Likes Suga D's Post:

dominus7 (12-30-2017)

12. Top | #7
      This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member Country: Chile
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Korbel

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by Suga D View Post
      I agree with Carl,
      without Video it's impossible to give proper advice, but most likely this here seems to be the case.

To me H3N feels NOT slow. It might be feeling slower if you just loop with your arm, but as soon as you start using your body more, especially your hips, it feels pretty fast.
      So as said above, better ask your coach about this issue and ask him to show you how to use your body during strokes or post some new footage of you.
      By the way what blade do you use?

13. Top | #8
      says Boomshakalak! wine your body!

Master TTD Member Country: Europe
      Equipment:
      Blade Nittaku Killton
      Forehand Rubber BH BTY Tenergy05
      Backhand Rubber FH DHS Hurricane 3 Neo

Reviews
      Read 5 Reviews
      Liked 3,511 Times in 1,800 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by dominus7 View Post
      By the way what blade do you use?

Atm the Nittaku Killton.

It's an old 3ply Hinoki blade that's not produced anymore.

14. Top | #9
      This user has no status.

Master TTD Member Country: Russian Federation

Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Intensity NCT
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 (National)

Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 1,840 Times in 890 Posts
      When I use my spare setup with H3, I feel like I have to swing like a Troll the Axe Thrower. Otherwise nothing happens.

15. The Following User Likes Ilia Minkin's Post:

dominus7 (12-30-2017)

16. Top | #10
      This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member Country: United States

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Liu Shiwen
      Forehand Rubber Palio AK47 Red
      Backhand Rubber Palio AK47 Yellow

Reviews
      Read 6 Reviews
      Liked 213 Times in 144 Posts
      You have to use the H3N for a while before it comes into its own. It starts out too hard and bricky to be useful for most players.
      Though in any case it's probably not the best for most players even then.

I never grew to like it, but mostly because of how badly it is affected by even slight humidity

17. The Following User Likes Lightzy's Post:

dominus7 (12-31-2017)

18. Top | #11
      This user has no status.

Established TTD Member Country: Vietnam

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 65 Times in 49 Posts
      I think generally H3 Neo is slow if it's not boosted. Even if you have good technique, it only be fast enough when you can swing with full power and have a perfect contact with the ball, which can't happen all the time.

19. The Following User Likes iammaru's Post:

dominus7 (12-31-2017)

20. Top | #12
      This user has no status.

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Korbel

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by G_ZHANG View Post

1 You need more power if you use H3. And the ceiling for H3 is higher. That is to say, lets comparing H3 with mx-p.
      mx-p: you use 30% power you get 50% speed. 50% power and get 70% speed. but 100% power you get 90% speed. 120% power get 100% speed.
      H3: 30% power 30% speed, 50% power 50% speed. 100% power 100% speed. 120% power - 120% speed.

This is the characteristics of tacky and non-tacky rubbers. for small - medium power, non-tacky rubbers get more speed, but has ceilings. H3 is more linear with higher ceilings.

2 same with Korbel. 5 ply wood is slow when using 40+ balls. you really need power + power + power to get more speed.

3 If you really want to try H3, Provincial H3 neo is better than H3 neo. H3 neo is really hard to play.

Solution?
      1 change to some 7ply or fiber blade. 7ply suits H3, some butterfly ALC &ZLF blade suits H3. Stiga Carbon blade is fine. ZLC don't suits H3 really well.

Because I know with the hurricane 3 neo I need the power I've chosen because I do force myself to stroke correctly, but sometimes I think even if I hit with all my strength, the shot won't be as fast as I want, at least if I compare my backhand I think the speed is close to the same, so I think may be the stickiness of the rubber put slower hit, I'm pretty sure if I hit flat the ball won't go fast, so always try to hit with spin, because only like that the rubber allows more spin and speed.

21. Top | #13
      This user has no status.

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Korbel

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl View Post
      dominus, the last time you were talking about equipment and EJing on the forum, your videos showed that you were at a very beginner level and that your equipment was too fast for you; that you were missing shots and did not have much control because the ball was flying off your racket.

My guess is that, with the H3, you don't have the precision to brush the ball consistently. If you did, that rubber can be pretty fast. But if you are impacting flat, it is pretty slow.

Why don't you post some recent footage of you with your coach and some recent footage of match play. I actually doubt that, a racket that just a few months ago was definitely too fast for you is now, somehow, too slow for you. But you may not have precise enough contact or good enough technique to use H3 effectively. But I don't think anyone can say anything that is accurate without footage of what you are doing at this point in your development.
      Yeah I'll upload a footage, I can't now, but I'll do it ASAP. Thanks

22. The Following User Likes dominus7's Post:

UpSideDownCarl (12-30-2017)

23. Top | #14
      This user has no status.

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Korbel

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by G_ZHANG View Post

Solution?

Thanks a lot for your advice, I want to stay with the Korbel or some primorac or yasaka Sweden extra, because the feeling, I will wait to the rubber lose some of its stickiness, some said something like "breaking the rubber" not mess it, but get used to it.

24. Top | #15
      This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member Country: Brazil
      Equipment:
      Blade DHS Power G7

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 193 Times in 110 Posts
      I think you cannot compare mx-p a top end fast rubber to h3 neo (which is some.kind of control rubber) in speed.

Of course mx-p feels a lot more the catapult effect than h3

25. The Following User Likes yuri.saldon's Post:

dominus7 (12-31-2017)

26. Top | #16
      This user has no status.

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Korbel

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by yuri.saldon View Post
      I've switched from mx-p to h3 neo but I boost my rubber with haifu seamoon.

Without booster I've never changed because it's totally different, I didn't like the feeling and lack of catapult.

But if you're a beginner it's better to have a slow setup to develop speed and spin with the correct stroke mechanics. When you need more power/speed boost a single layer of haifu seamoon and it will be perfect.

Yeah, the catapult effect isn't there, I don't use booster either, I know the booster get softer the sponge, because when the ball sink into the sponge I feel it stays more time than the common, and after the speed is not that I wanted...

27. Top | #17
      This user has no status.

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Korbel

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by Suga D View Post
      I agree with Carl,

The problem with my coach is that he doesn't like Chinese rubbers, so he told me, is because the rubber is very tacky, so I didn't expect more than that speed at least till the tackiness worn off. He's an awesome teacher, and is very strict about the correct technique in the stroke, he likes the perfect stroke, stance, position, etc. And he told me too because I'm a EJ, I feel that difference.

28. Top | #18
      This user has no status.

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Korbel

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by Ilia Minkin View Post
      When I use my spare setup with H3, I feel like I have to swing like a Troll the Axe Thrower. Otherwise nothing happens.
      Yeah, I feel something like that, I need to put a lot of effort to get speed, but also is an issue because the opponent can use that as counter attack.

29. Top | #19
      This user has no status.

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Korbel

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by Lightzy View Post
      You have to use the H3N for a while before it comes into its own. It starts out too hard and bricky to be useful for most players.
      Though in any case it's probably not the best for most players even then.

I never grew to like it, but mostly because of how badly it is affected by even slight humidity
      Most the time I use my breath to clean the surface, and as you said, I'm starting to feel get softens and less tackier. I hope that be only the issue.

30. Top | #20
      This user has no status.

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Korbel

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl View Post

This is a footage from a month ago, when the rubber was new.
      https://youtu.be/EuTUUwV3mKM

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast