DHS Hurricane 3 neo lack speed?

well, judging from the video.. I would say you should not think too much about blade/rubber at this stage.
For blade, you would better keep using korbel.
For rubber, with your level of shot, mx-p will definitely generate more speed than H3. At this level, you probably can't use H3 to do more powerful shots.
You should keep practicing the FH and BH drive. Do not try more power until your shots are more stable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Based on your video your equipment is fine, actually even mx-p is too much.

In the early stage slow is perfect, to force you do the correct stroke.

IMO stop thinking about equipment and keep training.

Good luck and happy new year

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
By the way I don't want to change rubber, just find an explanation about why I feel that and if it's only me or is a general sensation about that Chinese rubber

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
First I think it's great that you are playing with a coach and that you post your videos, that takes some courage.

The problem is definitely your technique, not your racket. And i'm also sure that your equipment is not optimal for your development. Your backhand rubber is wayyy too fast for your stage, the rest might not be optimal but I can live with that with the 40+ balls. Your strokes need work and then you will get there. Also you miss a lot of shots, you should go for an All+ blade with something like Vega Intro in 2.0 which is a lot easier to play for you and you will improve a lot faster.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
First I think it's great that you are playing with a coach and that you post your videos, that takes some courage.

The problem is definitely your technique, not your racket. And i'm also sure that your equipment is not optimal for your development. Your backhand rubber is wayyy too fast for your stage, the rest might not be optimal but I can live with that with the 40+ balls. Your strokes need work and then you will get there. Also you miss a lot of shots, you should go for an All+ blade with something like Vega Intro in 2.0 which is a lot easier to play for you and you will improve a lot faster.

Excellent post. I agree 100%. And in fact, it is almost exactly what I told him several months ago.

Good info. Listen to it.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
BTW: dominus, I think you should do shadow strokes in front of a mirror.

They won’t fix your timing which is very inconsistent. And it won’t fix your eye hand coordination: you miss and miss hit a lot. This is what happens at the level you are at. So there is nothing wrong with that. You are working hard.

But shadow strokes may help your stroke improve.

When you are trying to imitate what your coach wants from your stroke, what you do is very different from what he is asking you to do, and probably different from what you think you are doing.

Doing shadow strokes in front of a mirror may help your stroke improve some. It is worth trying.

Last edited:
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Most the time I use my breath to clean the surface, and as you said, I'm starting to feel get softens and less tackier. I hope that be only the issue.

No, the problem isn't that the topsheet is tacky. The problem is that the sponge is very hard and unyielding. This is better the more advanced you are I guess, but also.. only to a point.
You want the topsheet tacky, you don't want the tackiness to go away. Otherwise you'll have a brick anti-spin rubber. You just want to hammer the sponge a bit by hitting a bit more strongly for a while :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]You are doing well Julio, the problem it is not the equipment I mean maybe you will improve faster with another equipment but if you keep training and getting coached your current setup is fine and also it looks like you are star getting use to it. The key here is that you are still starting to develop the topspin stroke, you are even not able to push up “cortaditas” (few effect under spin balls). You should keep in mind that H3 is a demanding rubber so at least you are able to follow all the clues that your coach are giving to you in the video harmonically in the same stroke, you’ll not be able to have fast and spinny shots.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]In few words, you are starting to improve step by step, If you keep working then you’ll be able to have easily powerfull shots[/FONT][/FONT]

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I also think you shouldnt be using h3neo.

Not because it's fast or anything, but because it can be VERY inaccurate because it reacts very directly to your technique, power and angle. Thus it may cause you to miss too many balls that would otherwise be fine and cause frustration to you or your coach.
Even a slightly wrong stroke can send the ball into the net or beyond the table. With the neo3, judging the appropriaye power of stroke is especially a problem.

This is no way to learn how to play.
Imagine your baby is learning how to walk but whenever he takes an even SLIGHTLY wrong step he falls on his face. Impossible to learn how to walk that way.
Likewise it is better for you to pass 100 balls on the table in a row. From the rhythm of it your stroke improves.

I'd say pretty much any other rubber will be better for you, but especially the more forgiving ones like the xiom vega pro

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
forgiving rubber and you suggest vega pro? wow.

that is nowhere near a forgiving rubber and wayyy too fast for him. he should get a vega intro or something like that. he often even missed the ball, how can you suggest a vega pro?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
he often even missed the ball,

Yep. Being fed and missing and mishitting so many balls; 70+% are mishits.

Shadow strokes in front of a mirror because of the body mechanics. Maybe using a robot to get enough reps. dominus really needs thousands of reps to improve his stroke, timing and eye hand coordination.

Definitely no need to mess with equipment. Maybe an Allround Classic with Mark V rubber is what dominus actually needs. Or maybe an Appelgren Allplay with Mark V rubbers.

But, the EJ virus is how some people avoid seeing what they actually need to use for play. When dominus has good FH technique, he will transfer much more power into the ball. Right now there is so much wasted effort and not enough transfer of the effort into the contact.

One thing dominus's coach is doing well is, he is trying to get dominus to use his body to get the power. At this point though, dominus's mind and body do not fully understand what they are trying to do. This will change: Shadow Strokes and a Robot. :)

Last edited:
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Vega pro would be good for him in my opinion because getting over mishits and developing a passable backand shouldn't take very long at all, and then the rubber will serve him well, while the vega intro might not. I don't know exactly what it is but by the sound it's a beginner recreational rubber. Given that he's practicing with a personal coach, I feel fine with recommending it.
Also because I've used it and know it to be a very forgiving rubber.

Reactions: dominus7
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Vega pro would be good for him in my opinion because getting over mishits and developing a passable backand shouldn't take very long at all, and then the rubber will serve him well, while the vega intro might not. I don't know exactly what it is but by the sound it's a beginner recreational rubber. Given that he's practicing with a personal coach, I feel fine with recommending it.
Also because I've used it and know it to be a very forgiving rubber.

I actually think Vega Pro might be fine. I think Vega Intro would probably be fine too. But I do think Mark V would probably be ideal for him with one of those allround blades. However, you should know, for dominus, his ratio of shots with good contact to mishits, when his coach is feeding him easy balls, has not really improved over the past 6 months. You can see the ball flying in directions he does not intend and you can see that he is never really even sure where the ball is going to end up.

The mechanics and the problems transmitting power into the ball are separate from the eye hand coordination problems he is having. But until he fixes both issues, using something as fast as what he is using really makes no sense.

The last time dominus posted footage of match play that I looked at, maybe there was one rally that got to the 4th ball. Maybe two rallies that got to the 3rd ball. The rest were serve and done. All but, at most 2 points were ended because of miscues rather than because of a good shot from either player. When you see the footage, you realize, part of why he can't keep the ball on the table is that he cannot handle the equipment. Back then the equipment was noticeably too fast. I see no indication of anything different here.

Reactions: Suga D
This is a footage from a month ago, when the rubber was new.
https://youtu.be/EuTUUwV3mKM

sorry dominus, but judging from your video, you still dont have the proper BASIC technique to judge an equipment (both forehand and backhand).
for now just stick with it and try to get proper technique, that way you can develop your feeling and then you may judge your equipment

Speed is cool and all, but it doesn't make a good player. I know quite a few top 100 in UK who use 5 ply all wood not optimally fast setups. Same can be said at any level of play. Consistency and placement are what you should focus on. IMO, H3 or other Chinese tackies are perfect for developing fh technique. Loads of spin, feeling and control. Also cheap and long lasting. As you become more confident, you can utilize more muscle groups, hit harder, and get more speed. I see lots of kids using tensors and just relying on the catapult. That being said, I do advocate boosting, primarily for the softening, but the speed is admittedly addictive. Nothing better than the sound and speed difference after reboosting :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I'm going to get a yasaka Sweden extra, then you think which rubbers can I stick them? Is an all+ 5 ply, I've thinking to stick a xu shao fa lsz japanese sponge to BH, and to FH don't know, because some say Vega intro other said mark v, other Vega Pro, by the I feel my growing up in this sport, I'm starting to do the shadow stroke,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I'm going to get a yasaka Sweden extra, then you think which rubbers can I stick them? Is an all+ 5 ply, I've thinking to stick a xu shao fa lsz japanese sponge to BH, and to FH don't know, because some say Vega intro other said mark v, other Vega Pro, by the I feel my growing up in this sport, I'm starting to do the shadow stroke, so I hope to get better hitting, about my missing balls is because I'm used to receive spin balls, and when the coach serve a dead ball then sometimes the ball falls down, or doesn't go where I can place it, I think it's an issue from my balls' reading