This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I'm sorry but I've bought already the blade and the rubber....

Is there any reasoning behind using different rubber for your FH and BH? If you don't understand the specific way in which your BH has a specialized need that is different than your FH, then you are likely better off just getting the same rubbers for both sides.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Is there any reasoning behind using different rubber for your FH and BH? If you don't understand the specific way in which your BH has a specialized need that is different than your FH, then you are likely better off just getting the same rubbers for both sides.
The backhand it has a shorter stroke than FH then it doesn't have the same power, that's the principal difference. I need a rubber more controlled rubber at BH than FH, by the way it is easier for me a spinny BH than a spinny FH, whatever rubber is used.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The backhand it has a shorter stroke than FH then it doesn't have the same power, that's the principal difference. I need a rubber more controlled rubber at BH than FH, by the way it is easier for me a spinny BH than a spinny FH, whatever rubber is used.

If you were getting rubbers where you could get one slightly softer than the other, but, basically the same rubber, it would be fine. But your BH does not need a different rubber than your FH. And from what I remember from videos of the past, your BH has ways in which it is better than your FH. You do not need a different rubber for FH and BH. I would just get something simple. Choose between Vega Intro and Mark V and get the same rubber for both sides. At least, that is what I think you ought to do.

Yasaka Sweden Extra should be okay. But if you have not already bought the blade, think about the Donic Appelgren Allplay or the Stiga Allround Classic. Truthfully, you won't like either of them at first and you will think they are too slow. But when you get used to them, they may teach you how to generate more power yourself. You will like the Sweden Extra more. You will still feel it is too slow at first. But it is faster than the Allround blades. And it isn't quite slow enough to force you to learn how to transfer power into the ball. But in the end, the equipment is not as important as the practice. If you just kept what you have and put the same rubber on both sides, and then stopped messing around with equipment, you would get better over time.

Keep practicing. Have fun playing. You obviously love the game. That is really the most important part.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
If you were getting rubbers where you could get one slightly softer than the other, but, basically the same rubber, it would be fine. But your BH does not need a different rubber than your FH. And from what I remember from videos of the past, your BH has ways in which it is better than your FH. You do not need a different rubber for FH and BH. I would just get something simple. Choose between Vega Intro and Mark V and get the same rubber for both sides. At least, that is what I think you ought to do.

Yasaka Sweden Extra should be okay. But if you have not already bought the blade, think about the Donic Appelgren Allplay or the Stiga Allround Classic. Truthfully, you won't like either of them at first and you will think they are too slow. But when you get used to them, they may teach you how to generate more power yourself. You will like the Sweden Extra more. You will still feel it is too slow at first. But it is faster than the Allround blades. And it isn't quite slow enough to force you to learn how to transfer power into the ball. But in the end, the equipment is not as important as the practice. If you just kept what you have and put the same rubber on both sides, and then stopped messing around with equipment, you would get better over time.

Keep practicing. Have fun playing. You obviously love the game. That is really the most important part.
I'm trying hardly to stop the EJ, so that's why I'm receiving all kinds of advices, because first I need a setup to learning and mastering the stroke, timing, spin, speed, etc. Here is almost impossible get an stiga all-round or appelgreen.

Reactions: Atas Newton
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I'm trying hardly to stop the EJ, so that's why I'm receiving all kinds of advices, because first I need a setup to learning and mastering the stroke, timing, spin, speed, etc. Here is almost impossible get an stiga all-round or appelgreen.

Just choose between Mark V and Vega Intro and get the same rubber on both sides.

It seems strange that you can get a Yasaka Sweden Extra where you are but you cannot get two of the most popular blades around: Donic Appelgren Allplay and Stiga Allround Classic. But....it doesn't matter. If you have your EJ virus stuck on Sweden Extra, it should be a fine blade for you. :)

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Just choose between Mark V and Vega Intro and get the same rubber on both sides.

It seems strange that you can get a Yasaka Sweden Extra where you are but you cannot get two of the most popular blades around: Donic Appelgren Allplay and Stiga Allround Classic. But....it doesn't matter. If you have your EJ virus stuck on Sweden Extra, it should be a fine blade for you. :)

dominus7, these are all great recommendations to follow, just pick one! TableTennis11.com sells each of them and the rubbers at the best prices with also combined discounts and ship to Chile fast.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017

I've got that blade because a guy it had and wanted sell it, that's why. Here is unusual get a 5ply all+ and beginner rubbers, most people use blades like stiga offensive classic, tibhar samsonov black force, xiom strato, timo boll alc, DWSC, DWSUC, Yasaka Ma Lin extra offensive, etc, just a friend and I we use 5ply, he uses a primorac and I a Korbel

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
In my personal experience, DHS Neo is slow if you hit it slow or fast if you acelerate before hitting. It gives you a fan of opportunity, many gears. meanwhile europpean rubbers, almost everything you hit is fast, but you have less variety. nevertheless DHS need brushing to be stable, so its harder to use.

Nevertheless

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
In my personal experience, DHS Neo is slow if you hit it slow or fast if you acelerate before hitting. It gives you a fan of opportunity, many gears. meanwhile europpean rubbers, almost everything you hit is fast, but you have less variety. nevertheless DHS need brushing to be stable, so its harder to use.

Nevertheless
I know, I brush always to stabilize it, but may be not efficiently. That's why several said change to 5ply allwood all+ with Vega intro

I know, I brush always to stabilize it, but may be not efficiently. That's why several said change to 5ply allwood all+ with Vega intro

What you think you know may be not what it is.
From the video I saw, your technique is too shallow for you to know what brushing is.
Focus on counter hitting stroke first before you practice any other types of ball. If you can do it constantly for one minute, then you pass.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I think you cannot compare mx-p a top end fast rubber to h3 neo (which is some.kind of control rubber) in speed.

Of course mx-p feels a lot more the catapult effect than h3

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
I thought h3neo could be as faster as mx-p, even more, now I know I must put 300+% effort than mx-p, to get a speeder shot, I've got a mx-p because actually i wanted a el-p but they are out of rubber. I think I need more physic training to strengthen my FH on that way I'll hit faster, by the way my coach said my principal issue is that I play like a robot, whole my muscles were tensed, and I need to be relaxed, many of my missed is because my wrist is not relaxed. So remember that, always stay relax before the stroke.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I thought h3neo could be as faster as mx-p, even more, now I know I must put 300+% effort than mx-p, to get a speeder shot, I've got a mx-p because actually i wanted a el-p but they are out of rubber. I think I need more physic training to strengthen my FH on that way I'll hit faster, by the way my coach said my principal issue is that I play like a robot, whole my muscles were tensed, and I need to be relaxed, many of my missed is because my wrist is not relaxed. So remember that, always stay relax before the stroke.

Relaxing various parts of your body and knowing how to use various muscles in coordination along with the correct strokes is the path to getting better. Slower equipment can help you feel more relaxed as you don't strain yourself with the wrong stoke, and more confident as your ball hits the table more consistently.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
I started with H3 Neo on FH, and continued learning with it. When I tried to switch to non-tacky and tensor, for a change, it was quite difficult to adapt and I had to go for harder sponge e.g. MX-S and Omega V Asia. But the feel of the H3 was still missing. I am now back with H3 Neo on FH, unboosted. I would say that it is adequately fast for intermediate-advanced level.

At beginner level, and as suggested above and as seen from video, I'd take any rubber that is not fast at all, non tensor eg Mark V, Sriver, or all-round tensor.. and I would say H3 Neo on the FH side respects this. For the blade, and personally, I have only tried the Allplay in all wood, and it is way enough for beginner and intermediate. In Yasaka, I can also see the Sweden Classic. There's quite some possiblities in EJing.

There should be no fear, no shame of getting a slow setup at beginning level. Do not hesitate to get a control setup, and force yourself to learn proper technique to correctly direct the power, focusing on spin and placement to win the points instead of speed, and constantly assessing the quality of your shots and progressing. I can assure that the speed and more power will come soon enough! And all the best in your TT journey!