DHS Hurricane 3 neo lack speed?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
My experience is that the Red national H3 is insanely tacky, more so than the black. I have kept the ball for over 3 mins stuck to the rubber and then I gave up. Tacky enough for me.

It's not ridiculously tacky. The vid where Wang Liqin holds the ball on his racket upside down is misleading. When you first use the rubber it will be similarly tacky but not because of the rubber characteristics, it's because of the adhesive they use when they wrap the rubber in plastic. Think of it as a piece of duct tape, which when you unstick it leaves some of the glue on the surface. Still, if you press the ball into H3N fairly hard it should stick a little bit.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
My experience is that the Red national H3 is insanely tacky, more so than the black. I have kept the ball for over 3 mins stuck to the rubber and then I gave up. Tacky enough for me.
Mine too, it sticks on the rubber black commercial

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
It's been used for maybe 6-8 sessions. I've always cleaned it with both breath and Nittaku cleaner. The black national with blue sponge isn't as tacky.

Indeed I have a black version. Were you testing an out of the box rubber or had it been used some ammount?

says hi! my friend. I'm James, very passionate Sports and...
says hi! my friend. I'm James, very passionate Sports and...
Jan 2018
i'm beginner. i never use it. i will follow this topic. thank you all

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Ok, that's opposite of what I'm experiencing regarding tackiness. Interesting.

The newer generation of Hurricane (aka Neo) is not as tacky as the older ones.

Red is usually less tacky than black.

Blue sponge is more dense than orange sponge, therefore requires stronger stroke.

Passionate about TT

So I have glued and used my first ever H3 Neo. First impressions and doubts:

It is indeed a bit slower then the EL-S I was using. You really have to try to brush the ball in every stroke.
I really liked the control for service and receive and also the absence of catapult effect.

However, I have a question: the one I got is not tacky at all... Is it normal? Does it take a while to get tacky?

Thanks!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

hmm... interesting... When I got my first ever H3 it was very tacky, and The new one I have now is also very tacky when I got it... you probably either got a fake or a used H3. I actually have a racket with H3 on it and when I didn't know much about equipment I borrowed my friend's cleaner and wiped it HARD. Afterwards the rubber was still spinny but it had no tack at all whatsoever. I had to learn that lesson the hard way... But the state your rubber is in right now is very similar to mine.

Also by the way guys, it is said that DHS reduced the tackiness on the newer versions of their rubbers(like the the change from the old H3P to the new one) because people were apparently complaining that it was too slow. I'm pretty sure this is true info and the source was trustworthy.

This user has no status.
Also by the way guys, it is said that DHS reduced the tackiness on the newer versions of their rubbers(like the the change from the old H3P to the new one) because people were apparently complaining that it was too slow. I'm pretty sure this is true info and the source was trustworthy.
I've also read that the H3 Neo is less tacky then the non Neo version, which is older...

You guys think it also applies to the Skyline series?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I've also read that the H3 Neo is less tacky then the non Neo version, which is older...

You guys think it also applies to the Skyline series?

Skyline are less tackier than h3n of course and I don't like much because it looks like an old h3n, :D

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Old eggplant coloured 729 Friendship and PF4 (also eggplant coloured) from the eighties (before red+black colour rule came up)

BTW: I still have it, and it still can lift and hold a ball
[Emoji2]

So true. I still have a bat with it and ole’ Sriver. The 729 when clean still lifts bala for a few seconds, over 25 years later.

I also have a spare with Gewo Thunderball2 on it. It is at least as tacky as the 729 is, was, and has been. I do not know if it’ll last as well too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
That's strange, 'cause my clubmate's TG2 is definitely more tacky than any of all my Hurricanes.
Some quite strange sheets you seem to receive, dominoe...
Skyline 3 tacky at first but after a month it lose faster than h3n, I don't know about skyline 2, may be you're misunderstanding me

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
TG is the short form for skyline
Skyline3 = tg3
Skyline2 = tg2

But nevertheless you could have a point, 'cause the rubbers are quite old. They are on one of my mate's old backup blades so the rubbers are also pretty old too. It's H3 on fh and tg2 on bh.

If I remember correctly TTD member Bob Pulse uses TG2 on fh and TG3-60 on bh. Maybe he could talk about his experiences.