Happy New Year Everyone! What's your resolution?

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey Everyone!

Wishing you a happy new year from everyone at TableTennisDaily. Have a great night, we hope all your wishes come true in 2018!

What new year resolutions have you chose? :D

See you all in 2018!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Happy New Year !!! [emoji92][emoji313][emoji312][emoji92]

newyear.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

says Aging is a killer
2018 - It's all about health and fitness. All else is secondary

Happy New Year to all.
2017, due to health issues, was a write-off for me as a player.
I am now much improved, in fact dramatically improved thanks to the wonderful UK National Health Service (NHS).
2018, Local league and the occasional foray into a veterans tournament for me. I'll be working on the the whole 'whip mechanics' thing as championed by Next Level. It does make a significant difference especially on serve, but includes all strokes really.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Originally Posted by Boogar
To improve and still have lots of fun! Also i want to win a tournament of the E series.

On the technical side I want to get a consistent topspin stroke on both wings. Plus getting better at identifying and killing easy balls.

If we speak rating it would be nice to get up to 950-1000 points. And to be able to perform on that level consistently.

Before I forget about it, I hope i can finally settle on my equipment.

Above is my last years resolution ^

So for point one, i think i definitely improved. However, I lost a bit of motivation and fun playing tt.... planing on changing that for the new year! Hell yea!

My topspin stroke is still not stable >.< I feel like I play a different one every day I play... someday it feels amazing... on other its just backhand... then only forehand etc... I haven't had one good tournament stroke wise...a jea I had one were everything came together and I won it. Usually I can only play forehands or only backhands... -.- Which brings me to the next point. I won a tournament of the E series. But now I am ranked too high to play anymore :)

I am at 945 points now. I peaked at around a 1000 this season, which makes me pretty happy. If I hadn't lost some stupid matches id be far over 1000 xD but well i deserved to lose those as I played very bad. 1000 points are around 1800 Usttr.

Now for the year 2018:

I hope I can continue to enjoy the sport and meet new cool people playing it.

I want to win a tournament of the D category and get up to 1050-1100 points.

I am very motivated to try out spin evasion and counter looping close to the table, also I want to work on my serves big time and develop heavy and deceptive serves!

I need to stay closer to the table and take balls earlier. The way i am playing right now is no fun for me and, as NL would put it, makes one wanna stop playing.

As for my Equipment I will keep the same rubbers and wood for now. I am pretty happy with it... sometimes i get the urge to change it but i withstand that urge, because i know its just because of my poor technique.

Happy New Year everyone!

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Wishing you a happy new year from everyone at TableTennisDaily. Have a great night, we hope all your wishes come true in 2018!

See you all in 2018!

Happy new year, @all. I'm never one for new year's resolution, but since last year's been plagued by injuries and it starts looking sunnier there I've things to look forward to and strive for.

• Stay clear of injuries, participate fully in competition and tournaments
  • Keep the club running, healthy, and a warm home to all members and guests
  • Continue to enable and stimulate others to develop
  • Cause TROUBLE in the upcoming club's championship tournament
  • Gun for the title in the first semester's competition and aim for 100% win rate
  • After promotion, make a good run for it one league up and play a respectable percentage there
  • Go for stellar performance in all doubles matches in particular
  • Don't lose sight of consistency and power, but make game tactics a special focus area

That being said, there's also family, friends, and work. So, outside and next to TT:

• Keep those things that really matter balanced, don't sweat the small stuff
  • Relax. Breathe, make the best of every moment, no matter what

Simple wishes, uttered in a low key.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Happy New Year everyone. My first post this year :)

My plan for this year:
-Firstly and most importantly to stay injury free (it wasn't the not the case for 2017 :( )
-Find more time to play TT
-Eat cleanly (not going to happen :) )
-Stick to my diet plan, count calories and macros
-Make my own TT racket case https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?16608-Homemade-racket-case

It would be nice as Boogar did to come back to this topic in 2019 and to check all the boxes

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Hey Everyone!

See you all in 2018!
Play more Pong! I convinced my co-workers to buy my TT table to put in the break room, I took some of that money and bought 2 new blades and can now get away with playing at work!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk