Ittf stupiiiiiiiiiid ranking

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Current ranking system needs a year to get to a steady state and then we will see. Probably we will again see Ma Long and FZD at the top. Dima will be close behind. Right now the rankings are absurd, especially for the women, but that is expected immediately after a big change. The fact that CNT has not been sending their best players to major events hurts the sport and shows a degree of contempt and disrespect. They didn't always do that. This new system may help with that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
The current ITTF rating system is no longer a real ladder which reflects the player's skill.
For example, for the 01/2018, Ovtcharov has 16000 points, Ma Long has only 13000 points, and Fang Bo only 9000 points.
Based on the Distribution laws, Ma Long has only about 15-20% probability to win over Ovtcharov. This rating is completely wrong!

I've built my own rating system:
2018 01 emratthich ranking.jpg

Read more how to build the most accurate world table tennis rating.

Reactions: sanavasaraja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Not sure how much we need a separate ERT ranking system. If it turns out like boxing then we could end up with everyone having their own personal ranking system.

In Astana at the Grand finals the ITTF and T2 Apac decided to cooperate more in the future, Frank Ji and Thomas Weikert said in an interview that mytischtennis.de just published.

That sounds pretty promising to me.

Could even be that Frank Ji might have had some influence on the latest changes.

Furthermore new rule changes shall be tested in T2-APAC and if succesful implemented to the world tour. First test will be with players being allowed to challenge a disputed decision like in Tennis.

The whole article can be found here:
www.mytischtennis.de/public/buntes/...-ittf-will-neuerungen-mit-hilfe-von-t2-testen

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
That sounds like good news to me. Especially this part
The biggest aspect of the collaboration is that T2 will become the ITTF competition laboratory, whereby the ITTF can test new innovations such as ball tracking spin and speed, as well as the challenge system where players can challenge an umpire’s decision. This could work for edge ball and even fault serves. T2 is a perfect environment for testing to see if concepts are fit for official ITTF competitions.

ITTF President Thomas WEIKERT stated during the signing ceremony: “We are very happy to have people like Frank Ji in our sport, we need more passion, more ideas and more energy. With Mr Frank JI on board, we have been able to innovate and develop the 2017 ITTF World Tour, which resulted in record prize money, record TV viewership and record TV interest.”

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
[not true as ITTF posted this : The International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) will be implementing its newly developed World Ranking system in 2018 to present a more accurate measure and realistic situation of the playing level, and to ensure that the World Ranking better supports ITTF events.
So is the new ranking system present accurate n realistic PLAYING LEVEL ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Not true read this posting from ITTF: The International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) will be implementing its newly developed World Ranking system in 2018 to present a more accurate measure and realistic situation of the playing level, and to ensure that the World Ranking better supports ITTF events.
Does the new ranking system reflect true PLAYING LEVEL as claimed by ITTF? Please do not defend ITTF until u read the above from ITTF!