This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I just can't seem to notice that the sponge is thicker than ordinary sponge, neither does the topsheet seem thinner. How much of a difference do Tibhar claim it is compared to "regular" tensors?

tibhar_k1_pro_b4.jpg

If newest ESN technology is applied, most people should do fine without adding extra power.

Personal taste is a different thing.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I just can't seem to notice that the sponge is thicker than ordinary sponge, neither does the topsheet seem thinner. How much of a difference do Tibhar claim it is compared to "regular" tensors?

cache.php

I am not sure if Tibhar make any claims, but andro says about the new technology that the maximum thickness of the new sponges is about 2.3 mm. Even pictured next to a 2.1/2.2 mm Evolution you probably wouldn´t notice much of a difference. In speed glue times, there were rubbers with 2.6 mm sponges, this "revolution" is a tinier one ;)

BUT from all I know and have experienced with the new generation rubbers it´s not only the thicker sponge/thinner topsheet thing, but a new quality of topsheet, even better than Evolution (Bluefire, Rasant ...) rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Ok thanks for info. I'll go ahead and order a few sheets, curiosity is meant to be dealt with :)

I am not sure if Tibhar make any claims, but andro says about the new technology that the maximum thickness of the new sponges is about 2.3 mm. Even pictured next to a 2.1/2.2 mm Evolution you probably wouldn´t notice much of a difference. In speed glue times, there were rubbers with 2.6 mm sponges, this "revolution" is a tinier one ;)

BUT from all I know and have experienced with the new generation rubbers it´s not only the thicker sponge/thinner topsheet thing, but a new quality of topsheet, even better than Evolution (Bluefire, Rasant ...) rubbers.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Read 1 reviews
After 3 months of playing 3x a week the ESN rubbers have a worn topsheet so boosting them makes them a fast "semi-antispín" rubber. But this one is tacky so it should have a long lifespan

This user has no status.
Below is copied for the Daily Chit Chat Thread. I mainly post there.

Here is a update on my latest EJ adventure. I put on a sheet of Tibhar K1 Hybrid Pro that i got two weeks ago. This rubber has the new thick sponge and thin topsheet that all the manufacturers are producing these days. Right out of the package i felt the rubber to be overall hard but when i started to play, it was very playable. I had a horror story dealing with the Joola Ultra Tango being harder than a rock. I have played with K1 Plus and the K1 Pro is much faster and bouncier. If i had to compare the bounce, it would feel like your Esn/tensor rubber or a well boosted H3 Neo. It has a light tack and good spin with a arc comparable or a bit lower to a boosted H3 Neo . Since i have been using slower rubbers lately, i had a bit of trouble controlling the rubber initially due to the extra bounce and speed i was getting. I dont know how to describe the feel of the rubber. It has characteristics of European rubbers and Chinese at the same time. At times it felt like the rubber was grabbing the ball like a softer ESN rubber but giving you the spin of a Chinese rubber. I guess the Hybrid name is definitely right on when Tibhar marketed this baby. As of now my month long journey of looking for a boosted H3 Neo replacement is over. The winner is the Tibhar K1 Hybrid Pro. ;) Hope this baby does not shrink like MXP. Please note, i bought this in Max thickness and one of my coaches was fiddling with the DHS thickness tester on the side. The Tibhar K1 Hybrid Pro failed the test with 4.12, i did put on 2 light layers of Donic Vario glue on the wood and the rubber. Maybe 4 layers was a bit too much and i will go with 1 layer on my next sheet. So if you get tested and fail, dont ever say i never warned ya..:D Please note, one of the Chinese coaches did mention that a lot of Max thickness rubbers brand new right out of the package fail the the thickness test.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Below is copied for the Daily Chit Chat Thread. I mainly post there.

Here is a update on my latest EJ adventure. I put on a sheet of Tibhar K1 Hybrid Pro that i got two weeks ago. This rubber has the new thick sponge and thin topsheet that all the manufacturers are producing these days. Right out of the package i felt the rubber to be overall hard but when i started to play, it was very playable. I had a horror story dealing with the Joola Ultra Tango being harder than a rock. I have played with K1 Plus and the K1 Pro is much faster and bouncier. If i had to compare the bounce, it would feel like your Esn/tensor rubber or a well boosted H3 Neo. It has a light tack and good spin with a arc comparable or a bit lower to a boosted H3 Neo . Since i have been using slower rubbers lately, i had a bit of trouble controlling the rubber initially due to the extra bounce and speed i was getting. I dont know how to describe the feel of the rubber. It has characteristics of European rubbers and Chinese at the same time. At times it felt like the rubber was grabbing the ball like a softer ESN rubber but giving you the spin of a Chinese rubber. I guess the Hybrid name is definitely right on when Tibhar marketed this baby. As of now my month long journey of looking for a boosted H3 Neo replacement is over. The winner is the Tibhar K1 Hybrid Pro. ;) Hope this baby does not shrink like MXP. Please note, i bought this in Max thickness and one of my coaches was fiddling with the DHS thickness tester on the side. The Tibhar K1 Hybrid Pro failed the test with 4.12, i did put on 2 light layers of Donic Vario glue on the wood and the rubber. Maybe 4 layers was a bit too much and i will go with 1 layer on my next sheet. So if you get tested and fail, dont ever say i never warned ya..:D Please note, one of the Chinese coaches did mention that a lot of Max thickness rubbers brand new right out of the package fail the the thickness test.

Thank you for sharing your test and review! This rubber sounds very promising. Where did you buy it from?

Last edited:
Reactions: 42andbackpains
This user has no status.
Thank you for sharing your test and review! This rubber sounds very promising. Where did you buy it from?

TTNPP, its a Hong Kong site. You can also order it from taobao too, but i hate dealing with the taobao freight forwarders.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
@42andbackpains: Is the K1 Pro still your rubber of choice? I'm also interrested in an alternative to a boosted H3Neo...

I still have K1 Pro on my forehand. After a month a half of using this rubber. The rubber has broken in and plays alot softer. It feels more euro esn than a asian hard tacky rubber. The spin is above average if you know how to let the ball sink in with brushing strokes. But MXP and H3Neo still has more spin. My coach has told me my balls have more spin with MX-P and i may choose to go back to MX-P after the K1 Pro. I still feel the MX-P is a better replacement to H3Neo and K1 Pro is a close second..

Reactions: Cobalt765 and Lee91