This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Please let us know your impressions of the Golden Tango and write a review if you can.

I "accidentally" played with it on Friday, it was fixed to a blade I was testing. I am not an expert on these Chinese/Hybrid rubbers, but I quite liked it. It took a few minutes time to adjust to its characteristics as I am used to a little more catapult on backhand, but it excelled in active play with very good spin and once I was used to it blocks were great also. Can´t play this stuff on forehand, though. And I wonder if you need a Joola rubber for something that a much cheaper Sword rubber did quite the same when I tested it. This is probably the most important question. Do these new German/Japanese hybrids have anything to offer that justifies their higher price compared to classic or modern Chinese rubbers?

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
As for GEWO, I see some sense in it.
They are successful in South Korea and they can use fresh "exclusive" product to cash in on their partnership with Yoo Nam-Kyu.

In Germany for example a Nanoflex KR would be considered superfluous by "the market". HYPE KR didn´t really take off, Nanoflex dind´t make any waves, why mix?

There´s even a waning interest in the new technology rubbers - Rasanter works great (bold strategy replacing Rasant), when bluestorm arrived not much later people already were like "yeah, whatever", Aurus Prime/Select (different to any other new tech rubber) don´t exactly sell by the truckload I am told, and Joola Rhyzer (though the same approach) seems dead in the water.

Years ago, any of these would have had long threads on the TT NEWS forum, and everybody was looking to replace t05. These days people can´t see the wood for trees anymore ...

Well, one can easily make an argument that anything besides T05/Evolutions and H3 has been deemed superfluous by the market. But then marketing departments would have nothing to do, would they? And so we have Nanoflex Kr - the sponge from Hype Kr plus topsheet from Nanoflex - "new" rubber sold at a 20% discount compared to Hype Kr, hurrah.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Well, one can easily make an argument that anything besides T05/Evolutions and H3 has been deemed superfluous by the market.

Of course you are right, companies cannot lean back.
First an alternative to speed-glueing, then an alternative to t05. Then after all the high-performance stuff came the new "easy play" Tensor rubbers (Acuda blue and the likes) and of course now rubbers optimized for the (err, which of all the quite different ones?) plastic ball and "entry" Tensors with even more reduced speed glue effect or "new" classic rubbers.
Why so many people settled for Evolution over bluefire or Rasant still is a mystery to me btw, for sure the marketing was good ...

But right now it seems we´ve seen it all - which is probably even true - and each new rubber creates a smaller buzz than the ones before.

The newest innovation (thinner topsheet, thicker sponge) is not so new after all, Japanese rubbers have all but lost their myth (the last time it worked was when Tibhar made pretend that Evo rubbers were made in Japan ...), and in the midst of it one new Butterfly rubber (Rozena) gets so much attention because it´s "cheaper" ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Why so many people settled for Evolution over bluefire or Rasant still is a mystery to me btw, for sure the marketing was good ...

Because Rasant is expensive and we don't like Bluefire. That simple. :)
Personally I don't buy Bluefire because it melts under my sweet, so it would be expensive even when it costs much less than an Evolution.
And I like Evolution much more anyway.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Read 1 reviews
I am also very curious about the K1 Pro rubber and eagerly waiting for the review.

Its hardness is written to be 52-degrees, which should be more playable than other extra hard hybrid rubbers. I find the Skyline 3-60 to be playable without tuning as it is of medium hardness. I have played Xiom Tau for a short while, but it is even harder - it was nice when tuned but unplayable without tuning. Tuned it hade a very good spin and medium speed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
is this like the version of Joola Golden Tango?

Afaik Golden Tango is not using the thinner topsheet/thicker sponge idea. That would make it more like Tibhar's older Hybrid K1 plus. Since they claim to be using SSP, I expect the K1 pro to come in 2.3mm max sponge.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Afaik Golden Tango is not using the thinner topsheet/thicker sponge idea. That would make it more like Tibhar's older Hybrid K1 plus. Since they claim to be using SSP, I expect the K1 pro to come in 2.3mm max sponge.

Also, from the images of Golden Tango shared at the OOAK forum, GT's sponge isn't very porous at all - it's quite solid. Whereas the K1 range have used large-pore sponges.

One downside is that K1 and K1+ were both really cheap. I have a feeling K1 Pro will be more expensive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Come on Buddy. $31 or $6 more is not the Apocalypse.

I can moan about things that are practically subatomic. It's a talent.

The only price I've found for Pro so far is 350HKD, where K1+ was 250 and K1 220. That's a 40% mark up!

It's still fine of course. More of an indicator that the originals were such great value.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I can moan about things that are practically subatomic. It's a talent.

The only price I've found for Pro so far is 350HKD, where K1+ was 250 and K1 220. That's a 40% mark up!

It's still fine of course. More of an indicator that the originals were such great value.

Sounds like a $10 increase. London Bridge is falling down, my dear Andy!