Low throw

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Hi,
I glued my old rubbers to my new blade, which is the same as my previous one, but based on my tests without table my racket has too low throw. These are old rubbers, but they still grab the ball. However when I want to lift the ball it has a very low throw. I haven't removed the previous glue layers. It might be that the problem roots in the old glue layers or maybe in the too thick glue layer? Or my rubbers are dead as one of my teammates said (he said that this problem occurs when you reglue a rubber too many times)?

This user has no status.
I've reglued my old rubbers to a new blade, and i had no problem as such. It could be that you haven't removed the previour glue layers. I did it and i have no problems whatsoever. Maybe try to remove your rubbers, then the glue layers carefully, so you wont rip off too much sponge off the rubber, amd then reglue it.
Hope i helped.BUÉK

Last edited:
Reactions: ajtatosmano2
It may happen if you reglue rubbers many times.
The greater portion of the problem is not in the older glue layers.
Every time you discard rubbers, the mechanical forces you apply affect the sponge.
Let's say that the first 1-2-3 times it may "revive'' them, somewhat physically reexpanding them.
But if done many times it will destroy inner sponge bondages and elasticity.
If so, you need reaplacement.